Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

9 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This guy is a RB

JJ is a RB

If the club cannot convince a LB to come into a Europa League side as fist choice, then it's a failure on the recruitment department.

Look at his position history instead of making these assumptions.

He played LWB more times than he did RWB in the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.

He clearly is a player who is comfortable playing both sides, for one of the most underrated teams in European Football.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This guy is a RB

JJ is a RB

If the club cannot convince a LB to come into a Europa League side as fist choice, then it's a failure on the recruitment department.

No, this isn't FM or FIFA, because on those games you can't sell the club to a player, it's reputation alone.

If this guy comes in and is sub £15m, then fair enough, but anything more then I'd be questioning the scouting dept. 

Spot on. I totally agree with this, it is evident that his primary position is right back , why are we buying a right-footed right back to play LB. With a right footed right back in the form of Justin or Ricardo, it doesn't give any balance to the defence. Just my opinion I would like to be proved wrong. I just don't understand why we can't go after a target whose primary position is LB. Seems a bit odd to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I can’t help but think Rodgers wants to go with three at the back so this signing makes sense. I would love to see the following...

Kasper

JJ/Benkovic

Cags

Evans

Ricardo

Wilf

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Barnes/Perez

Vardy

Think the lack of concrete links with any wingers indicates 3 at the back is likely, at least at the start of the season, especially if one of our first couple of signings is a CB. 

One of the few positives of the last few games is it showed Justin is capable as the right sided CB in a 3, so that gives us more flexibility when Ricardo is back. 

19 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Interesting that we are possibly extending our Belgian contingent in the team. With Leuven, I wonder if this is a concerted effort or coincidental?

Top is in fact partial to a few Stellas now and again and like chips with everything.

15 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This guy is a RB

JJ is a RB

No, this isn't FM or FIFA, because on those games you can't sell the club to a player, it's reputation alone.

If this guy comes in and is sub £15m, then fair enough, but anything more then I'd be questioning the scouting dept. 

Played as 45 games at LB and 49 games at RB during he's career so not just a RB

1 minute ago, 4nDyth35y5t0nf0x said:

Spot on. I totally agree with this, it is evident that his primary position is right back , why are we buying a right-footed right back to play LB. With a right footed right back in the form of Justin or Ricardo, it doesn't give any balance to the defence. Just my opinion I would like to be proved wrong. I just don't understand why we can't go after a target whose primary position is LB. Seems a bit odd to me.

It might be because the club think by this time next year, Thomas will be ready to step in and Ricardo will be off.

1 minute ago, 4nDyth35y5t0nf0x said:

I'm certain it's been confirmed several times, he can play left back comfortably. Regardless of his primary position, you clearly don't know enough of the player's career and ability by all accounts. If he was unable to play that position we wouldn't be signing him, he's versatile.

We actually have two other players that can play left back..

Just read the first couple of pages of this thread…. It appears that people who’s opinion I respect (as in have watched him play) were pretty excited this back in March / April

i feel whelmed !  Not under or over - I fell whelmed

I've always considered the Premier League like Formula 1, it's the tiny differences that ultimately make you successful or not. A Championship player who looks like a world beater might be half a yard short of pace meaning that they'll never make it in the Premier League. 

Each position probably has many variables clubs look at and I'd imagine it will be fine margins between between making it and being a flop, especially when coming from other countries with no experience/history of the league. 

The point I'm making is that I don't think you can have utility men in the Premier League, I mean how many can you think of in our team? How many are there in the Premier League as a whole? People are talking like we're going to sign this player that'll be like a Swiss Army knife, maybe you can get players like that in the lower leagues but not in the Premier League IMO. 

This could go so many ways in formation. Consider JJ who rotated into left sided CB when we changed to 5 at the back last season. Now with Castagne we'd have the ability for rotating full backs, JJ and Benko cover for CB's and 2/3 full back formations. God knows what BR's plan is.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Von?. 

Express action would be needed 

They avoid talking about the War here in Austria so I cannot comment in case FT is under surveillance from any right wing (or left back) extremists.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Look at his position history instead of making these assumptions.

He played LWB more times than he did RWB in the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.

He clearly is a player who is comfortable playing both sides, for one of the most underrated teams in European Football.

Sorry, we can't be having that kind of sense and informed discussion in the forum. This is solely a place for blind panicking. 

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

I'm certain it's been confirmed several times, he can play left back comfortably. Regardless of his primary position, you clearly don't know enough of the player's career and ability by all accounts. If he was unable to play that position we wouldn't be signing him, he's versatile.

We actually have two other players that can play left back..

Fair enough, just putting my thoughts out there. Just my initial reaction that's all. By all accounts by the points being made, I stand corrected and that it might be quite an astute signing. Hands up and move on!

• Like 1

People need to stop assuming that we are going to be going into the season playing our standard 433, Rodgers has shown that he likes playing 3 at the back with attacking wing backs and now it could be he is getting the personnel to help him facilitate that

It is a good possibility we go into the season playing 3 at the back, some variation of 3421

You have your forward players behind/alongside Vardy ( Barnes & Maddison ) drift wide creating a space for the wing back to run into between the opposition full back and centre back

Or they can stay wide to pull the full back out and allow the forward play to move into the space

Ricardo is already very capable at this as he often plays a 1-2 with Perez who stays wide and he runs into the space between the full back and centre back and then cuts it across goal, or as against Newcastle just take on the whole team and shoot

29 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

If this bloke was to sign, would he have to quarantine 2 weeks before joining the squad? 

I've lost track a bit of what countries are on the quarantine list, but of the main European countries are only Greece & Portugal not on the list. So if we sign anyone from the another European country they would have to Quarantine for 2 weeks, so wouldn't be available for the first match anyway. Either that or we have to sign someone from this country to be sure they can begin the season.