Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly. We were linked with Trincao so it seems we are after one but that’s a tough position to recruit for. As every season passes it just reminds us what an insane signing Mahrez was for his transfer fee. I could see that position being filled on deadline day, loaning someone from a big team that said team are desperate to shift. 

The right player would add 20+ goals through contributions per season which would be massive. 

Leon Bailey would be my choice if we are tight on funds. He’s available at a cut price, left footed.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally I believe there is something in the Fofana social media activity. It is so bizarre to randomly start following a club on multiple forms of social media, for no reason at all.

I reckon this will happen.

Absolutely. I think it is all but done. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I  clarify that kristoff didn’t say we aren’t  actually negotiating......  just considering ......

perhaps a few are getting ahead of themselves ......

But in a follow up tweet, we're confident of getting this over the line. 

With attacking full-backs being so important to the way we play this seems like sensible business. It's important to remember that Ricky will be coming back from quite a severe injury, so I don't expect him to hit his heights again until around December. Having someone who can offer a threat going forward, remain defensively solid and play on both sides will be a huge addition to our squad. 

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Peak FT this lol

There may be more natural productive ones but:

1) they may cost more 

2) they may not want to come here 

3) they may want to go to other clubs/stay at their current clubs 

We are not like a club in fifa or fm where you can edit budgets or take over other clubs and force a sale through. 

This guy is a RB

JJ is a RB

If the club cannot convince a LB to come into a Europa League side as fist choice, then it's a failure on the recruitment department.

No, this isn't FM or FIFA, because on those games you can't sell the club to a player, it's reputation alone.

If this guy comes in and is sub £15m, then fair enough, but anything more then I'd be questioning the scouting dept. 

• Like 1

Can see us moving permanently to the 3 at the back with this signing (although I do think we would need to sign another CB) and him playing at Left Wing Back

Jonny at Wolves is right footed and does very well in the left wing back position

If we do go for this system change then signing a winger probably becomes a lesser priority compared to an actual forward who can play with/off Vardy

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But in a follow up tweet, we're confident of getting this over the line. 

That’s interesting....we don’t talk about transfers so he must be getting his info from an intermediary or the players’ representatives .....

and when it comes to difficult clubs to deal with, we are masters of getting done over so adding. Atalanta to the list won’t be a problem .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

This is more like it, it’s like the Perez transfer last year. No one has a clue it’s happening until it’s imminent. Seems a very tidy player from a team that has great collective spirit. Plenty of good potential sell on value if we can get 2 or 3 good quality seasons out of him. Hopefully with more European football :fc:

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I have wondered for a while in an age of inverted wingers why do left backs still have to be left footed and right backs right footed? 

Obviously back in the day you wanted your stronger foot on the outside to stop wingers going past you on the outside but these days wingers are more likely to go past you on the inside and into the box. 

A question for one of our more tactically astute posters, @StriderHiryu  maybe? 

Personally I like my full backs to be the same footed as their position. in a 4-3-3 system of variant of it I want my full backs to provide the width with the front three being a central striker and two inside forwards. 

Not that I know much about Castagne but I'm not thrilled for him to come here and be our LB. I'd prefer a left footed full back with a great athletic qualities that could attack, Telles or Gosens ideally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

This is more like it, it’s like the Perez transfer last year. No one has a clue it’s happening until it’s imminent. Seems a very tidy player from a team that has great collective spirit. Plenty of good potential sell on value if we can get 2 or 3 good quality seasons out of him. Hopefully with more European football :fc:

We have literally been linked with him since about January.

I can’t help but think Rodgers wants to go with three at the back so this signing makes sense. I would love to see the following...

Kasper

JJ/Benkovic

Cags

Evans

Ricardo

Wilf

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Barnes/Perez

Vardy

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This guy is a RB

JJ is a RB

If the club cannot convince a LB to come into a Europa League side as fist choice, then it's a failure on the recruitment department.

No, this isn't FM or FIFA, because on those games you can't sell the club to a player, it's reputation alone.

If this guy comes in and is sub £15m, then fair enough, but anything more then I'd be questioning the scouting dept. 

He is a RB but can play left back...