Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

Last season it was the year of the overlapping Centre Backs... this year it's time for Inverted Wing Backs ;).... lets face it if anyones going to try and create a tactic it's Brendan! 

I think this is an excellent signing. excellent fee, and it means we've not completely blocked off the pathway for Thomas or Justin.

It also fits our remit of signing a replacement the season before... we all know Ricardo is off next year, and hopefully Thomas will be ready to be our LB by then with Timothy shifting to the right!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's called ambition. 

I would like to see us progress, to bring in players that can do more than fill in or do a job but actually improve us. 

I guess I am hard to please when it comes to transfers, but speaking personally, I was more than satisfied with Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Benkovic.  Players with huge potential and high ceilings.  Or Evans, cheap and instant short term improvements.  What happened to that brief?  With the exception of Justin (another signing that I like), we now seem to be bringing in mid-twenties players that don't fit that model anymore - Perez, Praet, Castagne...

I don't mind ambition at all but this guy comes with some quality and already it's not good enough, even though he can be versatile and is a signing we need in a position where we need to strengthen (some people are getting far too hung up on his position - he can play LB/LWB/RB/RWB). It's good to have that versatility and he comes with decent experience from a good side. 

Yes there have been some poor signings in recent times but this isn't one of them, I hope. Its the problem with people on this site (not you, just in general). People are far too quick to write a player off because they find one weakness or negative point and latch on to that for their whole time here). Give players a chance. Fans are far too cynical these days. I actually fear for any new signings first game. As soon as they make a mistake it'll be (told you so, not good enough blah blah blah). God forbid a player makes a mistake or one poor pass in a game. They're targeted by fans for the rest of the game and already confidence can be knocked. No matter how well they may go on to play - we make it very difficult as fans to be won over instead of just seeing a player try to enjoy themselves when they come here. 

FFS that's £18 million that could have gone towards Messi.

Ozil, Sanchez, Pogba, Morata, Luiz....

Other clubs sign much more expensive (and ultimately costly) players. This is a solid transfer that, in the current market, isn't bad. He's coming from a very respected Champions League / Serie A team - knows a couple of the players already and is versatile. Milner, Barry, Young, O'Shea, Kuty - all players that go slightly under the radar at top clubs but still do a job. Sometimes just knowing that you've got someone who can deputise is so important. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I love that the thread is filling up with about a hundred times more smug, self amused ***** pretending everyone's outraged than there is any actual outrage. 

Smug self amused? 

Not mentioned any outrage but just annoyed that people won't give players a chance. We're overly cynical. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Just checked FIFA stats... rated 76 with a potential of 81. So all in all a bit of a meh signing 

That how you think Congerton does his research? :appl:

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love that the thread is filling up with about a hundred times more smug, self amused ***** pretending everyone's outraged than there is any actual outrage. 

Not everyone, Finners. Just the usual fault-finders before the fact. No smugness, just weary deflection.

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

‘Sign someone, anyone, don’t care who it is, just sign a player ffs’
C4F83676-59F4-4963-8B6F-DB25478059E4.gif.c49f341babf9cfd0aa93b728cae8a856.gif

Versatile Belgian international full back 1yr older than Chilwell, adept on either flank leaving us with money to potentially strengthen other areas

8B040F95-5C3C-4EB7-8B12-6AA983767597.gif.96e4331b412c974fa588030c349ad884.gif

No! We shouldn't be smug, self amused *****!

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Oh god I hope there isnt another "smile with thailand" advert made for this guy's announcement.

i bloody hope not! i considered supporting another club after watching it. It was that bad #SWADDIIII

Edited by Simoken