Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Empty Stadium Disadvantage?

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think they'd be blasted for making any money out of that idea, It would have to be the box owners giving up  their boxes so they would get the plaudits. Of course they'd have to justify no social distancing.

There is that, yeah. I was thinking it could be done as a gesture of thanks rather than be seen as a money making scheme. Extra proceeds could go to the VS Foundation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

It will be really interesting to see who plays better than normal, I was listening to Gary Neville talking about how some players looked unbelievable in training but couldn't perform to the same level in front of a crowd.

I was thinking just that.

The top players can handle the pressure, and perform in front of 50,000 and TV millions.

I bet there are some players, of a more nervous disposition shall we say, who might be good in training under no pressure, but who can't hack it on the big stage.

As you say, it will be interesting to see if some players shine in the dead atmosphere of a training ground!

• Like 1

The damage to financial clout makes it impossible to predict if anyone will spend anything in the summer. But the likelihood of closed door games next season might be an advantage to our recruitment and also our possible CL campaign. As one of the smaller stadia at CL level, there’s an argument to say we benefit from not having to play away in front of larger, more partisan crowds. Similarly, on recruitment. If a player looks at the prospect of playing at an empty Old Trafford or KP, maybe other factors like playing time and training ground environment become more important than nostalgia and history? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Home atmosphere's aren't exactly great are they. The buzz is usually created by the away fans (I'm not just talking at our ground either, I mean when we're away too, like I've said before when people slate our home atmosphere most home grounds, if not all now, are the same). The media go on about "Home advantage" but this hasn't been a thing for years either as more and more away games are won nowadays.

I think players will feel the difference, that's only natural, but I think this will be because of no fans (including the away fans) not just the home fans. I can't see it being an advantage or disadvantage.

For me, home advantage isn’t necessarily about the fans and atmosphere. Most players would be comfortable playing at their home grounds as it offers some consistency. Even to the point of subconsciously using parts of the ground as reference points for positioning etc. Pitch sizes also vary across the league. Having your home changing room, not having to travel... you’d think it all adds up on match day’s. 

On 07/05/2020 at 09:39, bmt said:

There's definitely not space to keep to regulations. Average seat is about 50cm wide, so you would have to have one person with four/five seats gap before the next person, and then you'd have to have four seats infront too. If you staggered people you could probably have people every five seats on every second row, so if A has someone in and X has nobody in:

AXXXXXAXXXXXAXXXXXA

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXAXXXXXAXXXXXAXXX

That's one seat in 12 being used, so capacity would be about 2650. I think we have about 23000 season tickets.

Plus 20k curing 6ft apart then wanting a pee. Also 3pm KO the last person gets out of the ground about 9pm lol lol lol lol

On 07/05/2020 at 09:55, Houdini Logic said:

I don't know how Vardy will get inspired (possessed) without a few thousand people slagging off his wife. Noone for him to troll either if he scores. Sad times

Perhaps there can be some bad language and slagging off played over the PA? 😁

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2020 at 09:39, bmt said:

There's definitely not space to keep to regulations. Average seat is about 50cm wide, so you would have to have one person with four/five seats gap before the next person, and then you'd have to have four seats infront too. If you staggered people you could probably have people every five seats on every second row, so if A has someone in and X has nobody in:

AXXXXXAXXXXXAXXXXXA

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXAXXXXXAXXXXXAXXX

That's one seat in 12 being used, so capacity would be about 2650. I think we have about 23000 season tickets.

Completely understood on your point, and with all current restrictions this is very correct. Just relating to certain news that Airline seats especially in economy are apparently only keeping the middle seat unoccupied. If can use that theory then hopefully can get more people to attend football matches. Understood was definitely not the best idea though.. 

4 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Completely understood on your point, and with all current restrictions this is very correct. Just relating to certain news that Airline seats especially in economy are apparently only keeping the middle seat unoccupied. If can use that theory then hopefully can get more people to attend football matches. Understood was definitely not the best idea though.. 

What a completely pointless idea.

Don't fully understand the arguments against neutral venues.

Yes you lose the familiar dressing room etc, but from a safety position 10 grounds instead of 20 up and down the country is inherently safer, and can be regulated way more.

On 07/05/2020 at 09:26, Unique FC said:

Would it be fair to have just season ticket holders attend In all grounds. Of course they would have to keep to rules. I think we have roughly 20k season tickets sold so there is space to keep to regulations. 

I am not a season ticket holder that's not why I am suggesting this, just think at least with some fans in attendance there will be a better atmosphere, no clubs will have to give refunds for matches missed and players will have people to play in front of instead of feeling they are playing a training session.

Likely this is unfair to the home side, but then everyone has same allocations when playing at home. 

This definitely couldn't happen. Somebody else has pointed out the seating issues but then you have entry points, mass exodus at the end, toilets, food, travel etc. And why would anybody want to sit in a crowd of 20,000 unless they haven't seen the news for five months?

On 07/05/2020 at 10:23, Big Dave said:

I don’t really get the argument that some clubs are putting forward about the neutral venues being a disadvantage to some clubs.

Yes, some of the lower teams have slightly more home games than away, but every club would have to play at a neutral venue, so every club will be in the same position.

The bottom six effectively want relegation knocked on the head and are using it as an excuse to try to push for that. Needs only one club to join them to vote down the premier League proposals. On the other hand, it's a bit risky for the bottom three as if the premier League suggested alternatively finishing now using points per game, with relegation allowed, they might be able to pick off 15th to 17th leaving the bottom 3 in a right old mess.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 1

Its hard to say what the effects of playing in empty neutral stadiums will be team to team. However I will say that I can see that teams from the midlands will have a geographical advantage with neutral venues over a Newcastle or a Southampton. Less travelling, more nights at home etc. 

Will probably see alot of strange results and scorelines.

It just isnt the same without thousands of fans even if todays average match atmosphere is rather tame.

Lets just get this season over with although im not sure when the next season will start and whether it will be a "normal" one.

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Will probably see alot of strange results and scorelines.

It just isnt the same without thousands of fans even if todays average match atmosphere is rather tame.

Lets just get this season over with although im not sure when the next season will start and whether it will be a "normal" one.

They're already suggesting the early part of the season will likely be behind closed doors and neutral grounds.

We will see a lot of peculiar scorelines because you are taking a dead end part of the season where most players are already in their flip flops and placing it in an even less competitive environment. 

Every team in the race for European spots has no certainty what or even if they will play in those competitions next season 

57 minutes ago, nnickn said:

Absolute popplecock.

This season premier games 3 home wins for every 2 away wins

Fair play, you’re probably correct, but away wins seem more common now more than ever. There’s teams that seem more suited away.

I still think Sky/broadcaster could have a red button type option where you have CGI crowd and add realistic stadium sound. They could probably make it so we wouldn't be able to tell the difference, almost like a FIFA game but with the proper commentators still there who also have the crowd sound playing in their headphones so they could comment on the crowd getting excited/jeering if needed.

You'd need some one reacting with the right noise for what's happening in the game, for example, Maddison shoots from 30 yards and hits the post you would have to have someone quick on the draw to choose the correct sound file.

I know some people would be the dead against this but I'm pretty sure if it was done well you'd soon forget. 

Imagine you turn it on and all you hear is empty echos and the roof rattling, you press a button and then it's literally like a proper game.... 

With it being an option why would it matter anyway, have it there for the people who want it. 

Edited by Collymore

No such thing as a neutral venue. I can see why clubs dont want it.

Ground staff prepare pitches for the home side everyone does it.

We will prepare ours to suit teams playing our rivals. Just as norwich would to suit our rivals so not helping relegation rivals.

Can someone tell me how its neutral.

On 07/05/2020 at 09:17, The whole world smiles said:

I think it will negatively effect Sir Jamie Vardy. He's a player that thrives on the occasion and is fuled by opposition fans abuse. In fact in a recent podcast I heard Kasper say he's often terrible in training but clicks in for games. 

surely we could employ a new physio to shout abuse his wife during the game?