Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf mate, if people accept everything you say without critically challenging you, you need to look at the group you're preaching to. 

Hahaha most of it wasn’t critically challenging, I’ve not even really spoke in here. Just people telling me I was wrong without even contacting me. Some people just enjoy being rude don’t they. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmuelMartin said:

Hahaha most of it wasn’t critically challenging, I’ve not even really spoke in here. Just people telling me I was wrong without even contacting me. Some people just enjoy being rude don’t they. 

Indeed, and like being noisily confident without any basis whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

Yeah you're spot on there, people shit on anything they don't like. Always nice to have new posters anyway, I've enjoyed your podcasts for what it's worth. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

I got slated last week when I said the club has no money. The club has accepted 30 million less. Hope that tells the story of where we are as a football club currently. 

Watch and see how the club act over the coming weeks...undoubtedly the budget changed with Europa rather than CL but the club knew he was going and wanted to sort so they could raise the bar on new signings ......there will be investment over and above the money for BC.

Seriously be patient the club actually know what they are doing and the Chairman wants us to push on so money is available but assessing the amount for BC will enable the recruitment team to now manage it proactively - we could be in for an exciting few weeks!!

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hope they send us Tomori too

Would be happier if the £50 mill came with Tomori, would also help with our English quota having just lost 1. Plus Tagliafico and Thauvin and that would be a decent window and £10mill profit. Get it done. 

• Like 1

This is one thats a fair deal for both clubs imo

£50+ mill for us as a club is an absolutely incredible amount for a player that many of us are still unsure about. 

If he does go on to improve at Chelsea and with add on's it heads further towards 70mill then nobody has done bad out of it. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

37 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We cant become an established team without squad progression, it doesnt work that way and if we did it your way we'd never become an established top 6 team without signing more qaulity players and strengthening the first team.

We don’t have the money to do what you suggest. It’s as simple as that.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

We've been doing it "my way" and just had our second best finish in the EPL,I'm shocked you think we can just go out there and buy without losing a single first team player,only the big 6 have that luxury and you know it. Stop being stubborn

Try to forward think and open your eyes. That's what the club is doing.

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

This is one thats a fair deal for both clubs imo

£50+ mill for us as a club is an absolutely incredible amount for a player that many of us are still unsure about. 

If he does go on to improve at Chelsea and with add on's it heads further towards 70mill then nobody has done bad out of it. 

He’ll be playing with better players so he’ll look like he’s improving but realistically any quality winger will have him on toast as they did this season. Mahrez, Sarr, Traore etc etc

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Confirmed there are add ons after the initial £50m

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Chelsea close to signing Ben Chilwell from Leicester City in £50m deal

Frank Lampard had identified left-back as a position in need of strengthening and looks to have landed one of his key targets

Chelsea are moving closer to the £50 million signing of Leicester and England left-back Ben Chilwell.

Frank Lampard is on the brink of completing a deal for one of his priority targets of this summer, with a fee almost agreed with Leicester for the 23 year old defender.

Negotiations between the two clubs have been ongoing for weeks but it is understood that if talks continue to run smoothly a deal could be sorted over next week.

Leicester's hopes of keeping Chilwell were damaged by their failure to qualify for next season's Champions League, with the player also interested in pursuing a move to Stamford Bridge.

Lampard had identified Chilwell as his No. 1 target to play at left-back and Chelsea have stepped up negotiations to make another significant signing, after the arrivals of Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech.

Chelsea are paying an initial £50 million, with further money believed to be due on instalments. Chilwell is the third Leicester player to join Chelsea in recent years, following the sales of midfielders N'Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater.

Chelsea are also inching towards a deal for Bayer Leverkusen winger Kai Havertz but it is understood that, as it stands, Chilwell will be the latest new arrival.

Chilwell is facing a fight to be fit for the start of next season, however, after sustaining a heel injury towards the end of the last campaign.

He missed Leicester's last five league games after being diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and manager Brendan Rodgers admitted he may not begin training until September.

Chilwell's capture is further proof of Chelsea's determination to spend in this transfer window, after their ban was reduced in December last year following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. 

In his first season as manager, Lampard guided Chelsea to a fourth-placed finish in the Premier League and led the club to the round of 16 in the Champions League.

On reflection this could well be a good deal. £50m lump sum up front, rising to much more in add ons. Bring in a more experienced replacement with Thomas as his understudy. The pandemic has had an effect on that but also, missing out on the Champions League will also be a valuable lesson too. And if there's one thing we know about King Power is that they learn from their mistakes.

Our previous record for an academy product is £12.5m for Schlupp (and before him £3m for Piper - on that basis our next academy product will go for £200m :ph34r:).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We don’t have the money to do what you suggest. It’s as simple as that.

Well if we don't have the money then we shouldn't have aspirations for regular European football.