Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

With Under signing for us imminent we need to get this one over the line quick. If Puell is playing hard ball than it's his perogative to hold out for more cash but if he's doing it to be a mardy ass than I really do not like him at all now. Player wants to go to his previous club where he will prosper take the damn money and move on. Otherwise the club only have a short amount of time to move for someone else. Foffana def seems like a choice A.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Experience is overrated, I much prefer ability and a higher ceiling even if they're a bit raw.

I'd generally agree with that except we're talking about a centre back here where positioning and experience are more important than pace and raw attributes. This guy is 19 which makes him more than a bit raw and regardless of how high his ceiling is hel make mistakes a plenty for the next couple of years. We may well end up making a decent profit off him if we sign him but if that's the case we prob wont get close to seeing him in his prime. This move looks more like a gamble to make money than it does to improve the team in the short to medium term.

11 hours ago, murphy said:

Yet our side is about 8th youngest in the Prem.  The youngest average age side is Man Utd - the team the reeled us in at a canter.

I’m not arsed about Utd they have some top young players ours are good we’re not on the same level as them. Leicester lack experience in areas and it showed second half last season. 

12 hours ago, murphy said:

Yet our side is about 8th youngest in the Prem.  

The average age shot up when we had loads of injuries. Our standard starting 11 last season was 25.1, throughout the main of the season we were 2nd / 3rd in terms of age of team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I’m not arsed about Utd they have some top young players ours are good we’re not on the same level as them. Leicester lack experience in areas and it showed second half last season. 

You can't make an argument that we suffered with lack of experience and then when I point out that United's team were younger just say that you're not arsed about them as if your point still stands.  lol

By the way, Chelsea rank 2nd youngest.  The other team that overtook us.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The average age shot up when we had loads of injuries. Our standard starting 11 last season was 25.1, throughout the main of the season we were 2nd / 3rd in terms of age of team. 

Well that kind of reinforces my point.  So it wasn't inexperience that cost us during the run in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

You can't make an argument that we suffered with lack of experience and then when I point out that United's team were younger just say that you're not arsed about them as if your point still stands.  lol

Whilst I agree with you in general I think it was clear last season that we fell apart slightly and I do feel an older head would have helped. Not just any old player but one who has been there and done it at the sharp end. I love the fact we have a young squad and I think last year’s collapse will make them stronger but an old head to calm things down in the centre may have helped in some of those tighter games towards the end. X

Edited by RumbleFox

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well that kind of reinforces my point.  So it wasn't inexperience that cost us during the run in.

I was just adding a bit of context. 

What I’d say is the rot set in long before the injuries. It sort of reminded me of the Pearson season in the championship when we fell off a cliff, which I think he put down to inexperience.

Its a complete unknown though, lack of experience probably had an impact, but so did a lack of quality. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was just adding a bit of context. 

What I’d say is the rot set in long before the injuries. It sort of reminded me of the Pearson season in the championship when we fell off a cliff, which I think he put down to inexperience.

Its a complete unknown though, lack of experience probably had an impact, but so did a lack of quality. 

the simple fact was we didn't have enough quality to turn around games from the bench, and when we had some injuries those who came in were not up to it. The lockdown capitulated this when everyone came back without sharpness and not fully fit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

By the way, Chelsea rank 2nd youngest.  The other team that overtook us.

But there at a better standard than our young ones so that probably carried them through. As a club our young ones need experience in with them I’m not saying a younger team can’t do better when they can like you’ve pointed out I’m saying what we need at Leicester. Rodgers has even said this 🤷🏻‍♂️

29 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Whilst I agree with you in general I think it was clear last season that we fell apart slightly and I do feel an older head would have helped. Not just any old player but one who has been there and done it at the sharp end. I love the fact we have a young squad and I think last year’s collapse will make them stronger but an old head to calm things down in the centre may have helped in some of those tighter games towards the end. X

This 100%

8 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

the simple fact was we didn't have enough quality to turn around games from the bench, and when we had some injuries those who came in were not up to it. The lockdown capitulated this when everyone came back without sharpness and not fully fit.

Yup, and the five sub rule didn't really help us much compared to some other teams, as any shallow depth we did have were in the first 11 due to injuries.

A cocktail of misfortune, inexperience, and lack of quality of depth. Looks like we're trying to address that, and Fofana would help a lot.

Three quality centre backs consistently competing for two spaces in a back four? Can't remember the last time we had that!

(No disrespect to Morgan - I just prefer him as a back up and leader rather than him having to play every week)

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Most of our bench would get into teams we were struggling against. It wasn’t just a slight drop off, we went off a cliff and that’s not just down to quality. We’ve enough quality around for a comfortable midtable finish at a minimum, it’s proven. So there has to be more to it than that as to why we couldn’t turn the form around.

Whether that’s the manager, inexperience, potential transfers on peoples minds.

It’s likely to be a combination of factors. I don’t think you can just say it was x or y.

First half of the season when we were winning, we were not changing the team  much at all and we were pressing hard so i wonder if we burnt ourselves out. it would be strange if that was it in its entirety though.... then the lockdown? not sure what was up after that? unfit?