Jump to content

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yeh it’s good that we do that to make a few quid I’d just like someone to come in with experience. 

...we have got experience, just not in the right place!!!

Kasper, Evans and Vardy all bring experience, but where we really need it to control the game is in midfield and no one looks capable of taking upon the batton, as with age, comes maturity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Really?

 

We had five players over 30 in our last game against Man Utd and that was after dropping the 30yo Ryan Bennett from the previous game. i would suggest it was a lack of ability more than a lack of experience but each to their own.

The only regular starters over 30 are Kasper, Evans and Vards. The rest of our starting XI is 25 and under. Based on average age we are amongst the youngest teams in the PL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Under signing for us imminent we need to get this one over the line quick. If Puell is playing hard ball than it's his perogative to hold out for more cash but if he's doing it to be a mardy ass than I really do not like him at all now. Player wants to go to his previous club where he will prosper take the damn money and move on. Otherwise the club only have a short amount of time to move for someone else. Foffana def seems like a choice A.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gerard said:

 

Experience is overrated, I much prefer ability and a higher ceiling even if they're a bit raw.

I'd generally agree with that except we're talking about a centre back here where positioning and experience are more important than pace and raw attributes. This guy is 19 which makes him more than a bit raw and regardless of how high his ceiling is hel make mistakes a plenty for the next couple of years. We may well end up making a decent profit off him if we sign him but if that's the case we prob wont get close to seeing him in his prime. This move looks more like a gamble to make money than it does to improve the team in the short to medium term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, murphy said:

Yet our side is about 8th youngest in the Prem.  The youngest average age side is Man Utd - the team the reeled us in at a canter.

I’m not arsed about Utd they have some top young players ours are good we’re not on the same level as them. Leicester lack experience in areas and it showed second half last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, murphy said:

Yet our side is about 8th youngest in the Prem.  

The average age shot up when we had loads of injuries. Our standard starting 11 last season was 25.1, throughout the main of the season we were 2nd / 3rd in terms of age of team. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adster said:

He's stopped following us on Twitter again! Therefore, this DEFFO ain't happening. 

Can still see him following the club and Cags on Twitter 🤔

 

...oh god what is happening to me? Why do I care?! 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I’m not arsed about Utd they have some top young players ours are good we’re not on the same level as them. Leicester lack experience in areas and it showed second half last season. 

You can't make an argument that we suffered with lack of experience and then when I point out that United's team were younger just say that you're not arsed about them as if your point still stands.  lol

 

By the way, Chelsea rank 2nd youngest.  The other team that overtook us.

 

 

 

 

Edited by murphy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The average age shot up when we had loads of injuries. Our standard starting 11 last season was 25.1, throughout the main of the season we were 2nd / 3rd in terms of age of team. 

 

Well that kind of reinforces my point.  So it wasn't inexperience that cost us during the run in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, murphy said:

You can't make an argument that we suffered with lack of experience and then when I point out that United's team were younger just say that you're not arsed about them as if your point still stands.  lol

 

 

Whilst I agree with you in general I think it was clear last season that we fell apart slightly and I do feel an older head would have helped. Not just any old player but one who has been there and done it at the sharp end. I love the fact we have a young squad and I think last year’s collapse will make them stronger but an old head to calm things down in the centre may have helped in some of those tighter games towards the end. X

Edited by RumbleFox
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, murphy said:

 

Well that kind of reinforces my point.  So it wasn't inexperience that cost us during the run in.

I was just adding a bit of context. 
 

What I’d say is the rot set in long before the injuries. It sort of reminded me of the Pearson season in the championship when we fell off a cliff, which I think he put down to inexperience.

 

Its a complete unknown though, lack of experience probably had an impact, but so did a lack of quality. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was just adding a bit of context. 
 

What I’d say is the rot set in long before the injuries. It sort of reminded me of the Pearson season in the championship when we fell off a cliff, which I think he put down to inexperience.

 

Its a complete unknown though, lack of experience probably had an impact, but so did a lack of quality. 

the simple fact was we didn't have enough quality to turn around games from the bench, and when we had some injuries those who came in were not up to it. The lockdown capitulated this when everyone came back without sharpness and not fully fit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, murphy said:

You can't make an argument that we suffered with lack of experience and then when I point out that United's team were younger just say that you're not arsed about them as if your point still stands.  lol

 

By the way, Chelsea rank 2nd youngest.  The other team that overtook us.

 

 

 

 

But there at a better standard than our young ones so that probably carried them through. As a club our young ones need experience in with them I’m not saying a younger team can’t do better when they can like you’ve pointed out I’m saying what we need at Leicester. Rodgers has even said this 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...