Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

33 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I know SFE talks out his arse but a player exchange has been mentioned. I think Diabate is more likely though. 

Diabate is just a Ligue 2 standard player that Puel took a gamble on which didn’t pay off, I don’t think a team like St Étienne would want him, he scored 1 goal in 20 games on loan for a team relegated to Ligue 2 last season

Edited by OadbyBlue

25 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Diabate is just a Ligue 2 standard player that Puel took a gamble on which didn’t pay off, I don’t think a team like St Étienne would want him, he scored 1 goal in 20 games on loan for a team relegated to Ligue 2 last season

Puel didn't take a gamble, he was so besotted with him that he demanded the transfer went through.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We have Evans and Soyuncu who are highly competent and have nailed down the two CB spots.

What we really need is a young player who can put pressure or them not someone who is established with little room for growth. I also believe we need a CB who is great in the air to supplement Evans and Soyuncu as their strengths are game intelligence in Evans case and speed and athleticism in Soyuncu's. Fofana could come here as back up and he will still play 30+ games this season and is only getting better and will probably put pressure on Evan's place in the next 12 months.

If he’s any good in 2/3 seasons time he’ll be gone anyway because we can’t turn the money down if that’s what we’re doing it for fair enough, we do develop players and sell them on it’s a business. Tah would probably be he longer but we wouldn’t get the same sell on value. 

8 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

If he’s any good in 2/3 seasons time he’ll be gone anyway because we can’t turn the money down if that’s what we’re doing it for fair enough, we do develop players and sell them on it’s a business. Tah would probably be he longer but we wouldn’t get the same sell on value. 

I'm more than happy to keep buying to keep buying the best young talent we can get and sell them on two or three years for tens of millions of profit. I'm more than happy to be that club and it's a highly desirable and sustainable model.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

The club has model buy young talented players and sell one big player a season. And you want to get a player that made so many errors last season that they got a new CB and can't get into the first team of his current club

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm more than happy to keep buying to keep buying the best young talent we can get and sell them on two or three years for tens of millions of profit. I'm more than happy to be that club and it's a highly desirable and sustainable model.

Yeh it’s good that we do that to make a few quid I’d just like someone to come in with experience. 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Experience is overrated, I much prefer ability and a higher ceiling even if they're a bit raw.

Lack of experience cost us back end of last season because some of the young ones struggle to manage some games so I wouldn’t say it overrated 😂

8 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Lack of experience cost us back end of last season because some of the young ones struggle to manage some games so I wouldn’t say it overrated 😂

Really?

We had five players over 30 in our last game against Man Utd and that was after dropping the 30yo Ryan Bennett from the previous game. i would suggest it was a lack of ability more than a lack of experience but each to their own.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Really?

We had five players over 30 in our last game against Man Utd and that was after dropping the 30yo Ryan Bennett from the previous game. i would suggest it was a lack of ability more than a lack of experience but each to their own.

I agree with that but it was the games well before that which cost us, even Rodgers said lack of experience cost us in some games towards the back end so I’m not making it up.

23 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yet our side is about 8th youngest in the Prem.  The youngest average age side is Man Utd - the team the reeled us in at a canter.

35 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yeh it’s good that we do that to make a few quid I’d just like someone to come in with experience. 

...we have got experience, just not in the right place!!!

Kasper, Evans and Vardy all bring experience, but where we really need it to control the game is in midfield and no one looks capable of taking upon the batton, as with age, comes maturity.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Really?

The only regular starters over 30 are Kasper, Evans and Vards. The rest of our starting XI is 25 and under. Based on average age we are amongst the youngest teams in the PL.