Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The first two minutes were actually good, then he started going off on one about BLM, completely irrelevant. And then telling people to ignore restrictions is completely reckless considering his stature and the amount of older people who like him.

He’s echoing what many have said in this thread isn’t he? That focussing almost exclusively on Covid is overlooking the thousand and one other diseases that can kill people in this country. Like cancer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That focussing almost exclusively on Covid is overlooking the thousand and one other diseases that can kill people in this country. Like cancer 

It's almost how the health system works here, we see a spike in a certain condition/illness and get a high amount of information/'advertisement' about it to raise awareness. Take prostate cancer with men for an example. We saw a rise in cases and hence an influx of raising awareness. It's not the right way to do it, but I can see why. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Complete u turn 

In this case, correctly, but why on earth tell everyone to go back to work in the first place?

This government is becoming a parody of itself at the moment I fear

Completely agree, they never should've forced people back into offices full time when working from home was effective. Would've made sense, where possible, to have groups in or a few days a week. 

I'm sat on a train now and its the busiest I've seen one for a while.  

This move just feels very cynical to me. Not closing venues for long enough that they will provide financial support, keeping them open for long enough that they can continue trying to blame 'the public' if it doesn't work.

Also now look stupid for fuelling the right-wing press' awful tirade against teachers and office workers.

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Pretty pointless in my eyes. Will encourage more day drinking or finishing off a drinking session round someone’s house. It’s should be either pub or no pub. Not something in between. 

Shows Really how Low we have stooped....

Worrying about Drinking times....

The whole of the UK, should be Signing into a clinic..

In fact it would be a Great income,if the whole of the UK became a sabatical detox clinic....

Nearly Every post on past-Time lost,or Media stories,on the pandemic orientate themselves around lost Drinking time.

Having Fun with their friends,family,cant seem to be done without Alcohol....

UK is now itself become the Medium of the old Art of Rugby jokes....

Guest Harrydc

Why do people believe individuals want pubs to remain open simply because they want to drink? 

The hospitality industry is worth billions, and if they were to close again it would be a disaster. 

Millions of jobs lost, major depression all round. And may I add, more people in the last month have died of SUICIDE than COVID. 

The government really are struggling to manage the situation but then again, wouldn’t we all. There’s no answers and really no end to it simply because we live in a free society. You only have to look at the public response to pubs closing at 10. It’s only up until recently that pub opening times were 11.30-2 and 7-11 and there were far more pubs, is it really such an infringement on our civil libraries. Imagine living somewhere like Cuba with their rules, it’d be go out and we’ll shoot you. I’m am starting to think that the rule should be protect the old, and that doesn’t just mean lock them away and forget about them.

Edited by yorkie1999

16 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Agree with that. I find it concerning how comfortable people are to blame certain groups because the government has pointed the finger at them, yet for months have been encouraging them to get back out there. Nothing short of staggering actually.

Just to add to this, Boris tells us to be better prepared to fight Covid by losing weight. 

Whilst giving us half price p***ing burgers 😂😂😂

Just a few weeks ago the government was preparing an advertising campaign to get people back to work where safe; now the message is work from home if and where you can. Ministers have consistently argued that the shifting nature of an unpredictable pandemic means having to change guidance quickly, but this will only fuel claims that the public messaging has been confused.

They do realise there are people that study this and experts on it right? Also it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you start allowing things that allow more people to mingle that the virus will spread more. The government is made up of what I can only describe as very special people

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54246403

'Whitbread, which owns Premier Inn and Beefeater, has warned that 6,000 staff could lose their jobs.'

We'll see plenty of this in the next 3 months. I still see no long term plan or leadership and a government that seems to have no idea what it wants to do.

Nothing too groundbreaking I guess, but only the start. I think inevitably they will get more and more restricted until a lockdown occurs. Hopefully be able to continue with my mixture of homeworking and visits to the office every now and again but no doubt I am back to working full time from home.  Other restrictions not a massive hinderence, for now at least. No national ban on mixing households from what i saw, as long as its 6 or less. 

Aye this is just the beginning. These changes really aren't significant which means it won't have a significant effect on cases. So then him and that detestable weasel of a man, Hancock, will tighten it all up and say that the people of the country are at fault.