Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

How young are they going with the vaccinations? Pretty sure they aren't doing kids? Don't know if there are exceptions to that.

My ten year old had been hospitalised twice with pneumonia and always has chest infections. 

18+ currently but I expect there will be a point after more testing children may get considered.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Kids go back tomorrow don’t they?

Hold onto your hats. If the numbers stay low after the schools re-open we really could be getting somewhere

Not my local schools as the teachers are spending Monday (possibly Tuesday) doing Covid awareness training or something. Why they couldn't have done that last week, who knows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56312621

hmmm not sure winter flu restrictions will go down well.

It's interesting that within the same article the writer tells us that there has been almost no flu since coronavirus started, and that there is evidence that it is more dangerous to have flu and coronavirus at the same time.  

Apart from the aspect of stating the bleeding obvious that having two diseases is worse than having one, how can there be evidence that flu has disappeared AND that it affecting coronavirus sufferers?

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

It's interesting that within the same article the writer tells us that there has been almost no flu since coronavirus started, and that there is evidence that it is more dangerous to have flu and coronavirus at the same time.  

Apart from the aspect of stating the bleeding obvious that having two diseases is worse than having one, how can there be evidence that flu has disappeared AND that it affecting coronavirus sufferers?

All transmissible diseases should be down, considering we’ve largely been living in isolation. 

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

I'd ask. 

I'm in sheilding due to very bad Asthma. Died... twice from respiratory and cardiac arrest. 

Didn't help I had a quite big attack in mid December. Scared shitless going to hospital and getting wheeled into a airlock room to be met by someone wearing a hazmat suit and respirator. Luckily I didn't need to go into resus but went into majors instead. 

OMG. Was this in hospital or at home? Either way you've survived down to the correct intervention. I've been to many severe asthma attacks during my career and the individuals are obviously terrified when it's happening. It's a scary thing to go through both for the patient and for the paramedics if it happens in the community setting.

I have to ask, and I hope you don't mind but, did you have an out of body experience on those 2 occasions?

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Kids go back tomorrow don’t they?

Hold onto your hats. If the numbers stay low after the schools re-open we really could be getting somewhere

Schools never closed. Ours was nearly half full. 

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I wouldn't believe a word she says.  She also claims the FP rate on LF is below 0.1%.  Said so this morning on Marr without challenge of course.

I heard it was more like 1% not sure what the truth is?

On 06/03/2021 at 17:16, DennisNedry said:

I have fairly mild asthma too, I say mild because it doesn't affect me day to day. I've had instances where I've had a chest infection from a cold/flu and needed steroids to be able to breath, and I was hospitalised after an asthma attack as a young child. Who knows whether this makes me eligible now? Heard nothing but my Dr but don't want to bother them really as they're no doubt being swamped. I'm in my late 20s so back of the queue as it stands...

A friend of mine has similar asthma to you (by the sounds of it) and the doctors have contacted him for a jab. He's in his early thirties. There's no harm getting in touch with them. Also check out the online gov.uk COVID booking page - it may even say you're eligble and allow you to book. My mother was able to do this due to health conditions even when her age group wasn't yet being vaccinated

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Parafox said:

OMG. Was this in hospital or at home? Either way you've survived down to the correct intervention. I've been to many severe asthma attacks during my career and the individuals are obviously terrified when it's happening. It's a scary thing to go through both for the patient and for the paramedics if it happens in the community setting.

I have to ask, and I hope you don't mind but, did you have an out of body experience on those 2 occasions?

Respiratory arrest was at home. Cardiac was in the Ambulance en route to hospital, as for the out of body experiences I can't really remember. 

Remember waking up about 3 weeks later in ICU. 

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Absolutely devastated the kids are going back tomorrow. Both kids in floods of tears. My mental health really can't take the daily stress again.

They are both so much happier at home

I don’t know your personal circumstance but you do have the ability to home school full time if that’s a route you want to go down. You just have to inform the local authority.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t know your personal circumstance but you do have the ability to home school full time if that’s a route you want to go down. You just have to inform the local authority.

It's something I've considered but the only way they'll get used to life and making relationships is by going. 

I've hated most aspects of the last year obviously but from a selfish point of view I'd happily stay in lockdown.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Otis said:

I heard it was more like 1% not sure what the truth is?

The FP rate according to a recent study is between 1.5 and 3 in 1000, so around 0.15-0.3%.  This, and apparently it is not recommended for LF to be used to test asymptomatic people en mass.  

And the origin of these testing kits?  One guess!

49 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The FP rate according to a recent study is between 1.5 and 3 in 1000, so around 0.15-0.3%.  This, and apparently it is not recommended for LF to be used to test asymptomatic people en mass.  

And the origin of these testing kits?  One guess!

So when testing 100,000 + per day your going to see well over 1000 positive cases no matter.

Absolutly crazy idea testing healthy people.

What is the origin of these kits?

53 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I've hated most aspects of the last year obviously but from a selfish point of view I'd happily stay in lockdown.

why don't you then if it make you happy?

Just now, Otis said:

why don't you then if it make you happy?

It doesn't make me happy. I hate every aspect of it apart from the schools being off. Them being off and happy has massively lifted the cloud I struggle with usually, my last few months of work have been some of my most productive ever as I'm not always having my mind elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Absolutely devastated the kids are going back tomorrow. Both kids in floods of tears. My mental health really can't take the daily stress again.

Really sorry to hear this mate; all three of mine are very keen to go back, but we will see how long it lasts.

Personally I feel they adapted well to home-learning and they learnt a lot more academically; but the social aspect is obviously important.

Hang in there!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

13 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Really sorry to hear this mate; all three of mine are very keen to go back, but we will see how long it lasts.

Personally I feel they adapted well to home-learning and they learnt a lot more academically; but the social aspect is obviously important.

Hang in there!

Personally, I can't fvckin wait for my two to get back into the routine of school again. Although their school is supposedly OFSTAED 'outstanding', they've both learnt fvck all from home schooling. It's been a complete shambles IMHO.

They've both become recluses and isolation from their friends has effected them both negatively. They've both had their test and been told to wear masks in lessons so I'm comfortable that the correct measures are in place.

Back to normality please.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Personally, I can't fvckin wait for my two to get back into the routine of school again. Although their school is supposedly OFSTAED 'outstanding', they've both learnt fvck all from home schooling. It's been a complete shambles IMHO.

They've both become recluses and isolation from their friends has effected them both negatively. They've both had their test and been told to wear masks in lessons so I'm comfortable that the correct measures are in place.

Back to normality please.

Oh yeah; I agree; the wife and I have basically made it up as we go along. My son has learnt loads about maths, chess, astronomy and parts of history he's interested in; he's done very little from the actual curriculum.

My daughters' creative writing has really come on as we've allowed and encouraged her to indulge it.

I suppose I can go back to running my business now!

• Like 2