Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

"North West Leicestershire has the highest coronavirus rate in England according to the latest Public Health England figures.

The district has overtaken both Leicester and Corby and is now top of a list of 315 council areas in England based on infection levels.

Verified figures show, for the seven days up to February 28, North West Leicestershire’s rate was 197.9 cases per 100,000 people."

That escalated fairly quickly....

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Where do people stand on this ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/about-40-of-over-80s-in-england-broke-covid-rules-after-jab-study

Should they be allowed to meet up more having had the jab within the guidelines or is it unfair on others who still have to wait and cannot go out?

Every week another 5,000 people over 80 die.  You need a much better argument than "not fair" to determine that those 5,000 must die without seeing their family.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Where do people stand on this ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/about-40-of-over-80s-in-england-broke-covid-rules-after-jab-study

Should they be allowed to meet up more having had the jab within the guidelines or is it unfair on others who still have to wait and cannot go out?

I think the main issue to begin with was that they didn’t know whether the vaccine stopped transmission or not. They just knew it stopped people from getting ill. That has changed now however. From what I understand the govt did consider this but were advised that as vaccines were being handed out based on age that doing something like you suggested would break anti discrimination laws. So it appears to be a non-starter. 

I will say as someone who is of the age that won’t get a vaccine for sometime yet I wouldn’t have a problem with older people who have been vaccinated having more freedom. I don’t see the need to increase suffering just to be fair to people like me.

• Like 2

Well I tend to agree with you if it’s safe enough they should be able to meet up but seen some comments along the lines of “we have had to protect these people for a year” and “now they can do what they like whilst we still have to be at home”

47 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

In retrospect we were bloody tired for a couple of days after the jab.  Felt fine after a few days.

Same here, mega tired last night and up until i had a redbull today at dinner. Arm feels like when you used to get a dead arm at school.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Depending on your postcode, some people between 55-59 years of age can now book a vaccine slot (even though it says 60+ on the homepage).

Give it a go if you're of this age.

Thanks for the tip. Just booked my 2 doses, 14th of March & 30th of May. I'm 56 but let me book, only 2 centres available with LE postcodes, both in Belgrave area ( possibly an area with a low vaccine take-up). There was other centres available outside of the county.

Just took my mum for hers, very seamless process. Thought I might be lucky and could get one at the same time but that was a no go unfortunately.

Some absolute grebs around, walking out of the vaccine centre and some bloke coughs in my other half’s face and spits a massive greeny on the pavement. Disguisting.

Edited by Costock_Fox

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Depending on your postcode, some people between 55-59 years of age can now book a vaccine slot (even though it says 60+ on the homepage).

Give it a go if you're of this age.

44 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Thanks for the tip. Just booked my 2 doses, 14th of March & 30th of May. I'm 56 but let me book, only 2 centres available with LE postcodes, both in Belgrave area ( possibly an area with a low vaccine take-up). There was other centres available outside of the county.

Likewise - didn’t realise I could book so soon!  Cheers mate .....

When I had mine I walked into the Surgery. 

Some old boy pipes up "what? You? You're here for the covid vaccine?" And he gave me a dodgy look. 

Me: "yes mate, I am... I'm a sheilder." 

Old boy "come and take a seat then" 😂

Felt so strange being in there with all old people but I suppose with sheilding i had to have it. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, steve555 said:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Likewise - didn’t realise I could book so soon!  Cheers mate .....

*Disclaimer*

*Leicester Loyal cannot be held responsible for any side effects including death caused by the Covid vaccine*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Fktf

I don't wish this to come across weird, but thanks to all those that have taken the vaccine. The country will be open again before I'm ever offered a jab, and it'll be because enough people have had the vaccine that a) I'm allowed out, and b) there's ok protection for my under 1 year old in terms of her not being likely to meet someone infectious.

Had the AZ vaccine on Monday. Experienced all the usual side effects on Tuesday which subsided Tuesday evening. I've noticed since that by early evening I'm incredibly tired and just want to hit the hay. It's quite frustrating as I usually set aside time between 8pm and 10pm to do some exercise but I'm finding I just don't have the energy. It's not even moderate tiredness it's full on sleepy mode so I can't even push through it. Was speaking to a colleague who said she's experiencing the same. Anyone here experienced this and if so how long did it last?