Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Brighton Match Thread

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Shocking. Never winning with that line up. I’m sick to death of Brendan chopping and changing . He’s getting desperate , we will not win tonight now. Good job Brendan

Good evening. 

Up the city 👍😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Is that 4-4-2 or Nacho out wide? 

Only position Iheanacho does ok in is just off Vardy, if he's out wide we're in trouble. Saying that Maddison out wide is also a problem but I'd bet one of them is.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think rotating players already is a smart move. Need that energy to get into our stride.

I think this signals we are playing the diamond formation with Vardy and Nacho up front? Seems that way from that lineup.

I’m not so sure, unless we have Gray as the attacking midfielder, but I don’t think he’s played there for Rodgers? If Praet was in the XI I’d be certain it was a diamond.

Then again, maybe it is a diamond and Gray is in for the pace on the counter as Brighton play quite an open game.

Edited by Beechey

Guest Fktf
4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

We look to be playing Brighton man for man? 4-2-2-2?

Think this is what we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Shocking. Never winning with that line up. I’m sick to death of Brendan chopping and changing . He’s getting desperate , we will not win tonight now. Good job Brendan

Love an optimist. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That's the spirit...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

yeah they must be exhausted!

Some of them (Tielemans) look knackered after 60. Playing full on football without a proper pre-season in summer weather is tough going even for a professional athlete. Look how much damage Gray was doing when he came on, put a fast player against tiring legs and it causes havoc.

• Like 1

If Praet is fit... surely it should be him and not mendy? 

Brighton are a good posession side, so I sort of understand his logic in bringing in another calming player like mendy to balance someone like nacho. But cant help but think he's wasted out on the wing. 

Just now, Beechey said:

I’m not so sure, unless we have Gray as the attacking midfielder, but I don’t think he’s played there for Rodgers? If Praet was in the XI I’d be certain it was a diamond.

Yeah you are right it's not a diamond, the inclusion of Gray is the give away. Interesting he goes for Nacho over Perez but guess it comes down to fitness and form, and Perez got a niggle about 2 weeks ago.

Just now, Hollyfox said:

Give Gray 60 minutes of looking uninterested, then replace with Barnes who does well, then hardly shows up on Sunday 😄😄

Then repeat for the rest of the season. :D

Honestly though, Gray deserves his start. He looks sharp, which at this stage is the most important thing. 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some of them (Tielemans) look knackered after 60. Playing full on football without a proper pre-season in summer weather is tough going even for a professional athlete. Look how much damage Gray was doing when he came on, put a fast player against tiring legs and it causes havoc.

that’s probably more to do with lack of match sharpness/fitness...

Edited by MPH