Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Brighton Match Thread

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Then repeat for the rest of the season. :D

Honestly though, Gray deserves his start. He looks sharp, which at this stage is the most important thing. 

Yeah, he certainly does👍

Would love him to have a good run but we've all been disappointed with him before. 

I'll go a couple of quid on Gray 1st scorer 😄

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

That's the spirit...

Just being honest, that’s a shocking line up and vs an opposition we are having far too much respect for. I’m highly worried we won’t win tonight now that’s all.

edit: just seeing that nacho is wide just makes it even worse! I’m flabbergasted

Edited by deanolegend1989

Two defensive midfielders sounds negative but, paradoxically, it might just give us more attacking options. Madders licence to roam and Nacho to support Vardy plus real fire power off the bench. Bold move from Rodgers who'll be castigated if it doesn't work and lauded if it does. That's why he gets paid the big bucks! 

• Like 2

Two DMs looks negative but wonder if we could take some off the defensive burden off Justin, allow him to get forward a bit and have a threat on both flanks? He seemed reluctant to do so against Watford. Neither Nacho or Gray will offer a ton of width.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Shocking. Never winning with that line up. I’m sick to death of Brendan chopping and changing . He’s getting desperate , we will not win tonight now. Good job Brendan

Didn't think you'd be happy.

I'm looking forward to a 4-0 victory and a good game by Mendy - Didn't I tell you he was the Tielemans replacement.

11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Shocking. Never winning with that line up. I’m sick to death of Brendan chopping and changing . He’s getting desperate , we will not win tonight now. Good job Brendan

It's like he thinks we have 3 games a week.......... Oh wait 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Just being honest, that’s a shocking line up and vs an opposition we are having far too much respect for. I’m highly worried we won’t win tonight now that’s all.

edit: just seeing that nacho is wide just makes it even worse! I’m flabbergasted

Wait and see what happens but Brendan has probably made some changes with fitness in mind. As others have said, it can be tough for players to get back to full match fitness after not playing or even training properly for so long and then 2 games in 3 days is probably too much for some players. Praet and Perez must not be 100% fit or I would have thought they would have played. 

• Like 1

TwO dEfEnSiVe MiDfIeLdErS AgAiNsT BrIgThOn

... well yes probably a good idea given the four incredibly attacking players in front of them and two attacking wing backs behind them!!! 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 4

Just now, FIF said:

Didn't think you'd be happy.

I'm looking forward to a 4-0 victory and a good game by Mendy - Didn't I tell you he was the Tielemans replacement.

Lol after what we went on about yesterday 😂. It’s worse than dropping YT. I’d pick Praet over Mendy even though neither are as good.

i also hate the idea of Nacho wide. Really!?

gray is better off bench and Barnes has been great in 2020..it just doesn’t make sense to me.
I hope BR proves me wrong but I really cannot see us winning this now, Yes Brighton at home and I’m doubting a win now..🤦‍♂️

Good line up ..  Barnes and Youri had to go ..   Albrighton doesn’t fit the new line up ...  and Praet is obviously not quite ready so Mendy starts.  Nacho is our ace in the pack and was really impressive before the lockdown.  Gray defo deserves a start after the last match. 

But ..  whatever the team we have to get some points today and show a big improvement in performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M0901 said:

It's like he thinks we have 3 games a week.......... Oh wait 

Play it be Everton away then? Not the banker we must take 3 points from!!

If we fail to win tonight we are underdogs for CL spot IMO. Utd have the easiest run you could ask for. We are in trouble. Major pressure tonight if we want top 4 we really must win!