Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

8 weeks?!

They can get ****ed.

Why? If it takes 8 weeks to reduce the numbers than so be it! A life is more important than someone being bored or wanting to go to the pub for a pint... surely? (although I really can't see them having a full lockdown for 8 weeks) 

10 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

And this is the problem, and this is why Leicester is back in lockdown. Morons. 

The attitude stinks but I do sympathise with them also, being under lockdown for many is tough, and for this long it can have a mental effect on people.

Let's hope things.ger better and Leicester can catch-up with the rest of us

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Some people have been following the rules for 3 months straight. Now there's a slight return to normality we've been handed this because selfish people are still breaking the rules. These same people will still continue to break the rules becaues the chances of being caught are slim and the punishments aren't even worth it, £60 fine or something like that? How many people have actually received anything like this? Not many I'll wager. Until they start to get harsh on people breaking the rules, they'll continue to be broken and we'll stay in this position.

My parents have worked almost everyday throughout this, as have I, we're all key workers. They had a holiday booked for 5th July away in a caravan, they've booked and paid for it, been looking forward to it for a while now, they've followed social distancing rules, only gone out to go work and one of them to go shopping, now they're being told they might be locked up for another 8 weeks because campsites won't accept them as they're from Leicester?

Meh, I'm ranting now, the ones being punished are the good ones who follow the rules, it's bollocks.

I agree wholeheartedly that it's frustrating to say the least and I'm in a very similar position. But the comparison is that if some people go out and start looting, would you think "screw it, it's not fair people are getting stuff for free, so I'm gonna do the same?" 

Its actually about possibly "educating" and possibly even to an extent "policing" it ourselves. You see someone breaking the rules then have a word with them. If there's no luck then report them 

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The attitude stinks but I do sympathise with them also, being under lockdown for many is tough, and for this long it can have a mental effect on people.

Let's hope things.ger better and Leicester can catch-up with the rest of us

I personally have Zero sympathy with people if those are their attitudes. We’re all in the same boat, just have to deal with it. The longer people have this mentality the worse it’s going to be for everyone. 

I can’t see how people don’t understand this. 

Just now, Blue-fox said:

I personally have Zero sympathy with people if those are their attitudes. We’re all in the same boat, just have to deal with it. The longer people have this mentality the worse it’s going to be for everyone. 

I can’t see how people don’t understand this. 

Because for the last 3 month they have abided by the rules, have endured mental pressures of it.  Things started to get back to normal, they started to see family and loved ones,...and not because of there own doing they get locked down again 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Because for the last 3 month they have abided by the rules, have endured mental pressures of it.  Things started to get back to normal, they started to see family and loved ones,...and not because of there own doing they get locked down again 

Understand the sentiment but the meritocracy aspect is on hold at the minute. It's live and die by community and its not great but that's what we've got to understand. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

Understand the sentiment but the meritocracy aspect is on hold at the minute. It's live and die by community and its not great but that's what we've got to understand. 

For me the attitude stinks, they feel as though they have played by the rules and have done everything asked of them, for that reason I sympathize with them 

For me the attitude stinks, they feel as though they have played by the rules and have done everything asked of them, for that reason I sympathize with them 

Oh i have sympathy my man. Endless sympathy. 

It's just a different game for the time being. And one that our society is finding difficult because b selfishness has become the rewarded norm. 

I'm exhausted by it all. 

• Like 1

We’ve all been through the same thing though. They should be more annoyed by all the people who have protested/gone to the beaches/ went out en masse to Bradgate park and other such areas and increased the risk of spreading the disease. 

Let’s just hope people can learn from the mistakes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

We’ve all been through the same thing though. They should be more annoyed by all the people who have protested/gone to the beaches/ went out en masse to Bradgate park and other such areas and increased the risk of spreading the disease. 

Let’s just hope people can learn from the mistakes. 

I mean I'm unaffected by the recent re locking but I'll be ditching the idea of the boozer and shopping etc for the foreseeable. 

My town is likely to be flooded over the next few weeks and I have not got the energy. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You see and that’s where I am concerned. If this infection has spread over the city and continues to do so, it’s will be difficult to contain if we are picking and choosing areas because it just so happens that one area has been tested more so then the other. It could be that the increase in cases could’ve come from one of the many factory units and has spread across another community (I.e. two people on different areas catching it and going home) and we are none the wiser. 

the problem is that you have idiots who immediately jump on a bandwagon of the them and us profiling and for me the testing units at this time need to be spread right across the city. I think there’s one in Evington and Spinney Hill park but we need one in every other possible area. 

it would be different if the cases all or the vast majority came specifically from hospital admissions and not from the track and trace - it’s easier to narrow it down to one community. The track and trace system has a flaw in that a community could quite possibly be missed simply because there is not a lot of testing. 

with what has just been announced, the city and a lot of its sole traders, people and children will be very much down after this two week period. We need to ensure we lead the way going forward. We need to get the numbers down and keep them down for here. 

I think you're spot on. I had TV reporters trying to push me into stereotyping but I made it clear that the problem is everywhere and I've seen people everywhere being to too relaxed about social distancing and protective gear. I think you're right, they need to provide those mobile testing labs in every area so we can clamp down on it now across the whole City.

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Video doing the rounds of huge cricket game on Spinney hill today, trophy’s on the table ready, people watching. I don’t believe it’s real and it’s just people trying to stir up trouble! I went Asda for nappies earlier and was suprised the roads were so busy still, hopefully goes quiet again like it was 6 weeks ago soon! 

Lol 2 people have shared that on my Facebook absolutely fumming! How stupid do you have to be. There is zero chance that's real especially when there is a police station actually on the park.

@Mickyblueeyesmakes a really important point. Certain parts of Leicester are being tested more and so identifying more cases. Firstly, we need mobile testing units in all areas of the City and secondly, with all the crazy gatherings in London and seaside resorts, I am as certain as can be that if they started extensive testing in many parts of the UK, you'd start seeing more spikes. The death rate is down dramatically and unless people go and get tested at a mobile testing facility, the official stats only show those who ended up in Hospital.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Lol 2 people have shared that on my Facebook absolutely fumming! How stupid do you have to be. There is zero chance that's real especially when there is a police station actually on the park.

Exactly! Anything to fit an agenda! 

Edited by Lesta2014

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Exactly! Anything to fit an agenda! 

I also had someone sharing a video from the black lives matter protest at the clock tower saying something like "are you surprised?".

Don't get me wrong protesting in the middle of a pandemic is thick as fuch but there must have been at least 30 protests held in other cities with more people than that.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

No one is going to listen.  Everyone I have spoken to in Leicester are sticking 2 fingers to the lockdown

It’ll become a massive lock-in, and the figures will go down simply because everyone will stop going for tests, and then the government will tell us everything is ok again because of the measures they’ve imposed and let that be a lesson to all of us to be vigilant.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1