Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Chelsea FA Cup Match Thread

Guest An Sionnach

We are not scoring . Can anyone tell me what we have to lose by trying Hirst , if he was a central defender no, but ffs he can't be much of a risk can he?

Just now, trabuch said:

It scares the shit out of me, but this appears to be the case. Apart from in front of goal we have been pretty good today. But I can't see goals without an in form Vardy.

We may all be getting ahead of ourselves but I see parallels with Vardy at Leicester and Larsson at Celtic. Both players were so influential and legendary they elevated their respective sides a good bit beyond what they were actually capable of.

Vardy is absolutely knackered from chasing all game. 

Get Kelechi on. May not be as quick or agile but will hopefully be something for Chelsea defence to think about. 

We're very easy to defend against right now. 

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

It scares the shit out of me, but this appears to be the case. Apart from in front of goal we have been pretty good today. But I can't see goals without an in form Vardy.

The games which he missed we actually played really well. The problem is when he's fit he plays. When he plays our whole team is set up for him and when that happens we rely so much on him. When he doesn't play we give ourselves options. But which manager would ever drop a fit Vardy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think we have to be honest and say our drop in form has coincided with Vardys drop in form. Today let's not hide the fact that he's been poor and we can't say it's because he's had no service or anything like that. His touch, his speed, his shots all been pretty poor. Need him to find something quick 

I think we are very much in the post Vardy period . We need to recognise that and act accordingly 

Just now, Staff said:

This is it, in January we added nothing when 1 or 2 additions could have made a difference. 

Difficult window to shop in though.

We badly needed a winger and I do not know why we didn't sign one last summer.

Why not give nacho a go. Cant do any worse. His subs have been crap today. Bringing hamza on is never the answer unless your trying to hang on to something.  Barnes didnt have the best of games but at least he creates stuff.