Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Any thoughts as to why as a team we isolating Vardy so much now, Maddison deeper, wingers not getting forward etc?

I think its worth noting that even at our best, Vardy still spends a fair bit of time isolated and has limited touches, we were just better at bursting to life and creating something.  I don't know if its fatigue, confidence or instruction but Maddison spends far too much time playing side ways passes nearer the half way line, that needs to be Tielemans role, playing forward balls to Maddison. Teams have stopped us doing that with defensive shape I guess, and that has led Madders to search for the ball and highlighted how weak we are out wide. The front 4 need to interchange more, why not put Vardy out wide for 10 minutes and Perez through the middle. So easy to defend against.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danny2997 said:

Find it weird how it's seen as so blasphemous to say that he's in bad form?

There's only a very select minority of people who are saying any more than this, but in come all of those on high horses saying how dare we insult a champion? 

The fact of the matter is, if he's in good form we can be unbeatable and he wins us games but when he's not it's like playing every match with 10 men because he simply does not have the passing and dribbling ability to contribute to the team otherwise. We can't just keep persisting with more of the same when he's going through a bad spell because it's costing us points. 

Yes exactly. It is frustrating that he won't work to evolve his game / is not being told to do so. Especially as we are now seen as a big team rather than also rans and as such sides sit deep and defend in numbers against us so JV can't continue to play like he did in 15/16.

45 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes exactly. It is frustrating that he won't work to evolve his game / is not being told to do so. Especially as we are now seen as a big team rather than also rans and as such sides sit deep and defend in numbers against us so JV can't continue to play like he did in 15/16.

He isn't playing like he did in 2015/16, his game has evolved. Look at the types of goals he often scores now compared with 2015/16. The issues now are unless he becomes a striker that likes to come looking for the ball then he will continue to be anonymous in games where the team cannot create anything, that's when he looks isolated and out of sorts. Sadly Vardy will never be a get on the ball and dictate play, he's intelligent enough to receive the ball and move it on and has provided his share of assists over the year but he's not a linker and even if he tried to do this, what on earth is around him to link to? The one time he did link well yesterday Barnes didn't shoot first time with the goal opened up to him and another time he got the cross wrong with Perez neither delaying his run or busting a gut to get ahead of the defenders. We are out of form and confidence and the players around him aren't offering much movement.

We have seen runs like this of horrible form from Vardy before and sadly it tends to only be immediately eradicated by a change of manager, but that doesn't mean it is Vardy downing tools and deliberately not trying for a manager it's more a sign that the whole team is out of sorts and have we a manager who can turn this around? I really hope so.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He isn't playing like he did in 2015/16, his game has evolved. Look at the types of goals he often scores now compared with 2015/16. The issues now are unless he becomes a striker that likes to come looking for the ball then he will continue to be anonymous in games where the team cannot create anything, that's when he looks isolated and out of sorts. Sadly Vardy will never be a get on the ball and dictate play, he's intelligent enough to receive the ball and move it on and has provided his share of assists over the year but he's not a linker and even if he tried to do this, what on earth is around him to link to? The one time he did link well yesterday Barnes didn't shoot first time with the goal opened up to him and another time he got the cross wrong with Perez neither delaying his run or busting a gut to get ahead of the defenders. We are out of form and confidence and the players around him aren't offering much movement.

We have seen runs like this of horrible form from Vardy before and sadly it tends to only be immediately eradicated by a change of manager, but that doesn't mean it is Vardy downing tools and deliberately not trying for a manager it's more a sign that the whole team is out of sorts and have we a manager who can turn this around? I really hope so.

It's true, all true, and yet I think we need him to offer himself to link, the reason he has nobody to link with is that since he won't do it nobody bothers makes runs off and around him.

With Maddison, Perez, Tielemans and Barnes we absolutely have the personnel to play off Vardy. It will benefit JV since he then has space to run into which is his big asset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I don’t think Vardy is the issue he missed a tricky one yesterday but it’s not like he’s missing loads of chances. Needed more help if anything I’d play 3-5-2 for this about time Rodgers changed it.

He's not missing loads of chances because he's only getting one or two a game.

It's the supply to him. We have no creative players in my opinion.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:14, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Worth pointing out that service to him has be shite...

On 28/06/2020 at 18:15, Stadt said:

We don’t create any chances.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:15, goody2028 said:

One word. Service. 

On 28/06/2020 at 18:15, Tuna said:

He has no service and we have no plan b.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:16, Matt said:

Negative football.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:16, FoxesDeb said:

He's not getting any decent service, he's always been a player feeding off the balls played through to him and they're just not happening atm

On 28/06/2020 at 18:24, Dirkster the Fox said:

Absolutely ZERO service.

This one is not on Vardy.

I think we cracked this one  quite early on in the thread ...  

He needs some quality up there with him, 33 years old and on his own up front with the inconsistent wingers we have he has done well to score as many as he has. We need at least quality 3 forwards / wingers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tetly said:

He needs some quality up there with him, 33 years old and on his own up front with the inconsistent wingers we have he has done well to score as many as he has. We need at least quality 3 forwards / wingers. 

Ulloa helped ..  as did Shinji ..  Deeney would have been good ..  surely we can find someone !! 

It's not Vardy that's the problem, I'd say its more a striker problem. If your look to progress then we really should have strengthed up front in January, at the moment the guy is under pressure and been marked out of games cause of the lack of options. We probably getting to that stage now where it maybe difficult to expect Vardy to play a full ninety minutes need another to come on. Maybe we could have flashed the cash and go out and out try to get a Danny Ings or a Callum Wilson... would have cost a bit but when your trying to storm into the top four this needs to be done. 

22 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's not Vardy that's the problem, I'd say its more a striker problem. If your look to progress then we really should have strengthed up front in January, at the moment the guy is under pressure and been marked out of games cause of the lack of options. We probably getting to that stage now where it maybe difficult to expect Vardy to play a full ninety minutes need another to come on. Maybe we could have flashed the cash and go out and out try to get a Danny Ings or a Callum Wilson... would have cost a bit but when your trying to storm into the top four this needs to be done. 

easier said than done. quality strikers cost top dollar and they are not coming here to be second fiddle

JV is a Legend and always will be. 

But eventually he'll lose his biggest asset, his pace, and he'll no longer be the player he once was.

I can't help thinking that this has now started, a few times against Chelsea he did have a bit of space to run into but wasn't able to turn on the afterburners we are so used to seeing. He tried to lose his man and had to turn back as he didn't accelerate past him.

We look unadventurous and defensive, maybe that's because when JV was on form all we needed was him to change the game and be a one man attack. Without him on form we look toothless, let's hope it's temporary.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Whisper it quietly. But he could be done. It happens to strikers. He's 33. We've all been hanging on to this idea he's got years left in him, but maybe this was his last season at that pace. He's looking knackered. 

Been written off a number of times before, as recent as Jan - Feb 2019. He then proceeded in scoring 27 league goals under Rodgers up to December in about 30 games. He may be gradually on the decline but not done yet. Insulting that is, the man is a legend.

• Like 2

I feel we need two teams rotating at the moment. The 'first' 11 look devoid of form and confidence so we haven't got much to lose. 

The second 11 on paper might look like it would crack a mirror but I think if we stuck with the rotation, we could find the 'in form' players from both and then merge them. 

I fear for us if we have a similar setup against Everton on Wednesday. 

He scuffed one wide v Chelsea. Abrahams had same chance, same location in the second half, buried it...just offside though.

He also had one chance where had he gambled he'd ve made contact and probably scored. But he didn't gamble and didn't make contact.

He also had a 50/50 challenge where he needed to be braver than he was and put his head in, but he shirked it.

All of the above observations were magnified because of the lack of service he was getting, so his poorer moments are being highlighted that bit more. Exceptional strikers convert 40%+ of the chances they get. Vardy's probably getting 2 all game last few matches. Needs more opportunities to score and once he does he'll score more regularly. I don't think this recent drought is anything more than a temporary blip for him. More service = more goals.

could be any of three things

1. he is carrying a long term injury which means he cant run in full stride-maybe

2. something has happened system wise which he  isn't happy about and is affecting his performances.-small chance

3. the off field stuff  with his wife  and rooney  affecting his on field performances.-unlikely but who knows

I am going with a mix maybe of one or two being a option. you don't go from 19 goals unbelievable form to shit over night without their being a issue connected. in time im sure we will find out what it is.

Edited by twister