Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

Not necessarily what I think but going to put this out there anyway

We all know Jamie has a lot of influence around the club but maybe some of the other players are resenting his influence or all the attention he gets and they think he is too big for his boots, or he has upset them in some way? Perhaps this explains why they are not looking to play him in like they did before.

As I say I don't believe this myself but something is not right.

9 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not necessarily what I think but going to put this out there anyway

We all know Jamie has a lot of influence around the club but maybe some of the other players are resenting his influence or all the attention he gets and they think he is too big for his boots, or he has upset them in some way? Perhaps this explains why they are not looking to play him in like they did before.

As I say I don't believe this myself but something is not right.

Not sure thats an issue,

Maddison and Chilwell have been flavour of the month at some point in the season. Pereira, Cags and N'Didi have earned rave reviews for how they've played. Even Kelechi has put in a good return relatively speaking.

A player like Vardy on form also makes them look good. Can't imagine that there's too much to worry about.

Edited by Blue ROI

I would like to rewrite my post, basically Vardy is an absolute talisman, but his game is far from all rounded. He is world class at what he does but the other elements to his game can be lacking and at times it hurts us when we're not clicking and need him to drop to link up play, it's not in his locker. Games like today and Brighton, it shows

Vardy does have his limitations, but his strengths make him a deadly striker in the right side. It's become increasingly obvious that he's our only real consistent goal threat so therefore teams can mark him out the game without having to worry that any of the others are going to do any damage.

We're a flawed side who've been found out, quite simply.

For what it's worth, by the way, I wouldn't be totally against not playing him at Everton either. Something has got to change. I'm fed up of this nonsense. We cannot accept hardly getting our striker in the game as the norm.

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Amazing to me that Vardy still has to prove himself to our fanbase

Incredible isn’t it? He is the number 1 greatest player in our history and will hopefully get a statue , yet it feels whenever he has a bad few games , people are SO quick to say he’s finished.

It happened with Ranieri, it happened with Puel and now it’s started again!

I get the arguments when people say ‘he should come short , get the ball , rather than just staying on shoulder’ I get that, but I still think the service(and set up) is all wrong currently, and whilst he’s not looking great and his touches are a bit off, it’s incredibly difficult for a striker in these types of games.

Kane was absolutely shocking vs Utd, vs West Ham he missed a few sitters and then got put clean through and scored.

The point being , it’s hard to look anything other than ‘poor’ when your team is poor and living off scraps.

I think Vardy is a victim of his own success sometimes. He is so dangerous and teams know this, they mark him so tight and go so deep all to combat it knowing we have nothing else of any threat. I’ve been watching us play since 2002 and I’ve never seen teams sit so deep vs us since the last few years and it’s all down to the sheer threat of him.

I think it’s time we either got Nacho up top with him and play Maddison just behind in a narrow diamond or we stick to formation but play higher up and get bodies around Vards and not worry about being countered on.

I feel recently were setting up so negatively(even by personnel or not getting any of our midfields joining in attacks and being too reserved to worrying what the opposition will do).

We need to get back to what we were doing before, pressing high, maybe leaving spaces but getting bodies around Vardy and things will happen.

Our  tactics seem to be to sit deep pass it around, don’t run forward off the ball, keep in position and then finish by putting a long ball in a gap and hoping a winger or Vardy latches on to something(and the times they do , there’s now no one else forward supporting).

Think sometimes we’re trying to hard, to pass pass, make space, a perfect cross on a head etc when really we should be just drilling low crosses when getting to the byline etc. If we get people higher up things happen(Ings scored today from a Foster mistake , he wasn’t even the highest player up).

He drops deep a lot and you get midfielder runners and wingers running past etc..we arnt doing this, the whole team is negative and miles away from Vardy and that’s why he’s struggling and the teams struggling in general!

I honestly think we’re a bit of tactical changing and maybe confidence away from it all clicking but it needs to happen quick!

Guest ttfn
3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Amazing to me that Vardy still has to prove himself to our fanbase

He’s not got to prove anything.

But he is not exempt from criticism. Like any player he flits in and out of form, in fact I’d go so far as to say he’s one of our streakiest players.

He’s not playing well at the moment. That’s fair game for discussion, and opinions that it’s not all a lack of service are perfectly valid.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Less service than usual, but when he is part of the play he has for sure lost sharpness.

He has dropped off since January.

It could be age catching up with him, or it could just be a bad patch, too early to tell.

it's age.... time to replace properly, DEFINITELY before any kind of Euro campaign, and not with a Slimesque player

He's off form no doubt. But his attacking support are all off it as well. He's getting nothing from Gray, Barnes, Maddison, Perez etc etc. The malaise is much bigger than Jamie. But as he's our heartbeat it stands out a lot more. To be fair he's been poor since his return from injury. That December off did not help him or us at all.

Haven’t read whole thread but...

thrives off crowds...they are gone

needs quick service...we seem to have slowed down again

his wife about to go to court which is/will be all over the media

always a bit slow to get up to speed after a break 

a lot of factors at play here I think 

That Vardy attempt yesterday was classic out of form Vardy, snatches at it and drags it well wide. Peek Vardy takes it closer to goal and drives it hard, even on his weak foot.

I haven't seen it mentioned anyway but for me he is missing someone like Okazaki. Someone close to him even if its just for nuisance factor and giving defenders something else to think about. Maddison has dropped deeper and deeper as season has gone on and wide players are offering no support. We seen first half yesterday that Perez, Tielemans and Barnes were all closer to him and we got a little bit of joy but wasn't able to take advantage.

I'd be tempted to play with Iheanacho and Perez both alongside him as a narrow front 3 occasionally.

He has to be better when he isn't involved though, you can't keep making the same run in behind, yes if someone wins it in midfield but not when the balls in our own defensive third, come to the ball every now again and hold it up.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Been shit since took time off for new kid

maybe his missus is lazy and he is getting up all through the night looking after the new baby, whilst she scrolls insta looking for stories to sell

Meeeow! Hi Colleen and welcome to Foxestalk!

• Haha 2

Find it weird how it's seen as so blasphemous to say that he's in bad form?

There's only a very select minority of people who are saying any more than this, but in come all of those on high horses saying how dare we insult a champion? 

The fact of the matter is, if he's in good form we can be unbeatable and he wins us games but when he's not it's like playing every match with 10 men because he simply does not have the passing and dribbling ability to contribute to the team otherwise. We can't just keep persisting with more of the same when he's going through a bad spell because it's costing us points. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

That Vardy attempt yesterday was classic out of form Vardy, snatches at it and drags it well wide. Peek Vardy takes it closer to goal and drives it hard, even on his weak foot.

I haven't seen it mentioned anyway but for me he is missing someone like Okazaki. Someone close to him even if its just for nuisance factor and giving defenders something else to think about. Maddison has dropped deeper and deeper as season has gone on and wide players are offering no support. We seen first half yesterday that Perez, Tielemans and Barnes were all closer to him and we got a little bit of joy but wasn't able to take advantage.

I'd be tempted to play with Iheanacho and Perez both alongside him as a narrow front 3 occasionally.

He has to be better when he isn't involved though, you can't keep making the same run in behind, yes if someone wins it in midfield but not when the balls in our own defensive third, come to the ball every now again and hold it up.

Any thoughts as to why as a team we isolating Vardy so much now, Maddison deeper, wingers not getting forward etc?