Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

27 minutes ago, twister said:

could be any of three things

1. he is carrying a long term injury which means he cant run in full stride-maybe

2. something has happened system wise which he  isn't happy about and is affecting his performances.-small chance

3. the off field stuff  with his wife  and rooney  affecting his on field performances.-unlikely but who knows

I am going with a mix maybe of one or two being a option. you don't go from 19 goals unbelievable form to shit over night without their being a issue connected. in time im sure we will find out what it is.

Pretty sure if he was carrying an injury he would be rested nowadays. Before when Nacho was having his crisis of confidence he might have been kept in the side. That said he is desperate for the golden boot so may be declaring himself fit when not 100%.  For me it is more likely that after his injury he is lacking that bit of confidence in his body to put that little extra burst in, and maybe , even subconsciously, holding back a little in case it gives way and he does himself another damage . This is quite common amongst players and we see it often.

At the time we all thought it was his hamstring and it was season over, then it turns out it was just a glute muscle, but it maybe is playing on his mind that, as he gets older, something like a serious hamstring pull could the end for him.

Whatever the reason, he needs to get his head and body right

Talk about over analysing. First 10 minutes against Chelsea we were playing to his strengths (and so were Chelsea to be fair..) and he looked sharp and quick. After that he was just so isolated, doesn't matter who you are, the system just totally broke down and he didn't stand a chance. 

All this talk about him being finished, subconscious demons and off the field drama is just utter nonsense. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Talk about over analysing. First 10 minutes against Chelsea we were playing to his strengths (and so were Chelsea to be fair..) and he looked sharp and quick. After that he was just so isolated, doesn't matter who you are, the system just totally broke down and he didn't stand a chance. 

All this talk about him being finished, subconscious demons and off the field drama is just utter nonsense. 

Actually didn't see any evidence of him being sharp and quick at any point in the match against Chelsea to be fair. Perhaps it's just that he's run out of redbull and his local supermarket have put restrictions of only 2 cans per person? :ph34r:

I’m hoping he knocks a couple in against Everton Wednesday maybe that will kickstart his appetite for scoring again every season he seems to have the same problem during the later half of the season  but this time is it fitness as he hasn’t seemed to be able to push past the last defender a few times we’ve seen a cracking ball knocked through to him, or is it confidence seen some say he plays off the crowd and the empty stadium seems to have got to his confidence a bit ?

Get one he’ll get a few think he just needs to believe in his ability so do a few of the other lads, hope it’s soon because that gap is getting smaller for third place ?

Some intersting stats from a Times article-  JV's first 16 goals had shooting accuracy of 70%, converting 56%; subsequently this is 39 and 14%respectively.  This fall off is also a reflection in that from Villa game in December he has had 0.09 shots per 90 minutes from fast breaks, compared to 0.44 before. (These numbers also demonstrate that we are too ponderous when we have the ball; too often it seems to be about passing for the sake of it - particularly frustrating close to our penalty area - rather than moving the ball forward.)

On 30/06/2020 at 07:58, coolhandfox said:

Simple to solve, need quicker better ball, and more support. 

He's feeding off scraps!

Hoping he finally pops in number 💯 tonight against Everton then goes on a run of goals for the rest of the season and grabs this seasons golden boot and makes me a few quid on my bet😉

12 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Hoping he finally pops in number 💯 tonight against Everton then goes on a run of goals for the rest of the season and grabs this seasons golden boot and makes me a few quid on my bet😉

I wouldn't be surprised, if he get one, he will be fine. 

He is like the lead Violin in an orchestra. When the orchestra play well he excels .They give him the build up and right on cue he does what he is best at. Take away a descent orchestra  ( who have become for whatever reason a brass band ) and no matter how well he plays the performance is remembered as a collective bad night at the opera.

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Dogshit tonight. Touch of a rapist.  

He’s had a bad touch for several games... looks completely out of confidence when one on one with a defender... nacho came on and got well involved, Vardy just isn’t the type of player for Rodgers

Wtf is wrong with this forum. Always blaming Vardy because he’s not slamming in goals.

Every single ****ing game its the same thing yet the truth is we are clueless in ideas. We pass around back and forth through the cbs and have no off the ball movement.

We played more ambitious in the 2nd half and we dominated the game and again when we’re winning or losing we actually go for it, yet as usual at 0-0 we are awful and we never go out to win!! 😡.

We set up to grind and knick a goal and it never works, we’re 2-0 down then we know we have nothing to lose!! How about we have nothing to lose at 0-0?

BR is clueless! This was the perfect game to start Nacho and Vardy . We havnt got the quality in midfield to get up and support him so he’s always icolated with 3 Cbs and we somehow think he’s at fault!?

Hes not playing great but he did some good things when he got it but he’s living off scraps.

We havnt got the ability to open teams up, our midfield is static and limited and Vardy being so far above average fooled us earlier in the season that we had a talented. Watch Utd last night, pogba and especially Fernandes, absolutely bossed it, box to box, up and down. Incredible difference.

Vardy may not be near his best but again I’ll say the main problem is we are absolutely useless in midfield. Talentless , brainless idiots.

I'm wondering if the lack of crowd is effecting him the most.

We know he thrives off it, and Kaspar has said before that he can be rubbish in training but turns it on in games. Maybe that's the problem - it feels too much like a training game for him without the atmosphere, so psychologically he can't get his head in the right place.