Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

He has had countless poor spells like this in the past, although i always felt a lot of those were when his work rate noticeably dropped. 

Today he ran all day, but was just abject in general play. 

Worried me more that Rodgers saw fit to leave Nacho on the bench all game. 

Edited by martyn

oooh to add to my negative football comment.

i'd like to add 'possesion based football' which ensues sideways, backwards football and preferable not crossing the half way line.

you just can't beat the shit! it's a joy to behold.

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We need wingers that can actually get inside the box and attempt a chance or pass like how many times have our wingers just stopped on the edge of the 18 yard box and passed the ball backwards rather than cut inside

For them to do that the striker needs to move to create that space 

35 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Worth pointing out that service to him has be shite...

35 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We don’t create any chances.

34 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

One word. Service. 

34 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He has no service and we have no plan b.

25 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Absolutely ZERO service.

This one is not on Vardy.

Spends more time defending the first ball out from the opposition than using his energy to look for chances in Brendan's passing system. If Vardy doesn't look effective at the moment then not convinced any other striker would either. Needs a fortune spending in the summer to get anywhere near top four next season if we persist with this playing style and squad depth. 

Edited by l444ry

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

People were asking the same questions after we won the league.

Vards hasn't changed. The way we're playing has. Feel for him at the minute.

After mate .... he has spurts but he seems to have too much say in the dressing room and he doesn’t even look like he is trying at the moment , maybe the stats say something else ?

• Like 1

There must have been at least 5 similar threads started over the years, only for Vardy to prove all his doubters wrong again when the team started playing well again and creating chances for him.

Ronaldo would have a problem scoring in this team at the moment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There must have been at least 5 similar threads started over the years, only for Vardy to prove all his doubters wrong again when the team started playing well again and creating chances for him.

We will keep making these threads until he turns 62 and retires just so we can be right.

In fairness though, 'Service' is an easy argument. He's been pretty sh*t too - touched the ball about a dozen times in the last two games. If he's not going to show for it or come back every now and again to try and get it then he's not helping the situation.

Edited by SecretPro

To be fair even earlier in the season he wasn’t getting many changes, there were a number of articles that said his scoring / chance ratio was very high and hard to keep up. Now he gets even less service but seems to be struggling with the small amount he still gets 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Shhhhh I got laughed at for claiming Ronaldo would struggle with this service!

Is He still carrying an injury?  What I can see though is the service to him is crap, maybe teams have learnt to nullify him or nullify Rodgers system.  I keep going back to the Norwich match at the KP, but it seems other clubs have learnt from that match how to keep us quiet.  My only concern is that Rodgers hasn't found the remedy, perhaps he is a one trick pony!  Although I still think he's the best Leicester can get for our size of club. 

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

After mate .... he has spurts but he seems to have too much say in the dressing room and he doesn’t even look like he is trying at the moment , maybe the stats say something else ?

Don't know how anyone could say that about the guy after everything he's done. The bloke bleeds blue. He's being hamstrung by the shite that's going on behind him at the minute for me. He's still one of the best in the world.

He's not been his devastating clinical self since Christmas but he's had **** all to feed off since the return. 

He'll be back.