Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

We have seen this form before under Puel. Our midfield gets deeper and deeper. Our wingers arent an attacking threat. Hes constantly isolated. We bring on Iheanacho to play near him and we instantly look better albeit Vardy still didnt have a great game.

To me Vardy is very much a confidence player. Not so much regarding his ability but he lacks the confidence that the ball will actually come to him. When it does its like hes half a second behind the game. 

Give him more support and he will score. 

On 30/06/2020 at 07:58, coolhandfox said:

Simple to solve, need quicker better ball, and more support. 

He's feeding off scraps!

Haha always everyone else’s problem, how do you want them to get him the ball? If your stood on the last man for 90 mins? In a possession based team forwards have to drop off to move the defence. He doesn’t, and if he is dropped the manager will get sacked, again 

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'm wondering if the lack of crowd is effecting him the most.

We know he thrives off it, and Kaspar has said before that he can be rubbish in training but turns it on in games. Maybe that's the problem - it feels too much like a training game for him without the atmosphere, so psychologically he can't get his head in the right place.

If it had only been these last few games that would make sense, but he's been struggling since Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If it had only been these last few games that would make sense, but he's been struggling since Christmas.

Maybe, but I think his poor form then was more down to lack of service. 

He may not be getting much now, but when he does get it he just fluffs it every time. So unlike him.

Whatever the reason we definitely need our Talisman back because every game he goes without scoring must be affecting his confidence, is it this 100th goal being a bit of a weight around his neck ?

Im sure he’ll be back to his best soon he had to be otherwise kiss goodbye to Golden Boot and any Chances of CL Football, all we need is for others to show him the way we need to start being more clinical more aggressive a lot like 2nd half v Everton Brendan needs to crack on finding his best squad and sticking to it last few games hopefully we can salvage our 3rd place and CL Football next season.

We have seen this before when a player is at a milestone. Lineker for England when he needed one to equal charltons record, even fluffing a pen. It is noticeable that the few chances that have come vardy’s way recently he has snatched at. He needs to be handed a tap in on a plate or something, get the monkey off his back and he will probably be firing again.

we can pontificate all we like as to the reasons behind his lack of form, lack of service, loss in confidence after his injury, new baby etc etc but he just does not look like he is on it at the minute and sorely needs any sort of goal to get him going again. Let’s hope it comes today

• Like 1

As others were saying, he has been in a bit of a rut since Christmas, in the Villa 4-0 win, he was benched due to fitness concerns and when he came on at 1-0 within 15 minutes changed the game by scoring twice, I believe watching the game from the sidelines in the first half will allow him that same opportunity to see where he can exploit Palace's defense, i'd play Perez and Nacho from the start, with Barnes and Albrighton on the wings. We also have Arsenal Tuesday, so it's a wiser use of the squad.

3 hours ago, urban fox said:

We have seen this before when a player is at a milestone. Lineker for England when he needed one to equal charltons record, even fluffing a pen. It is noticeable that the few chances that have come vardy’s way recently he has snatched at. He needs to be handed a tap in on a plate or something, get the monkey off his back and he will probably be firing again.

we can pontificate all we like as to the reasons behind his lack of form, lack of service, loss in confidence after his injury, new baby etc etc but he just does not look like he is on it at the minute and sorely needs any sort of goal to get him going again. Let’s hope it comes today

What chances has he snatched at?

That’s such a nothing cliche phrase that gets trotted out when a striker hasn’t scored for a while.

Vardy has an unbelievable chance conversion rate. He’s scored a respectable tally in a turgid Claude Puel team. He’s literally got a record that requires taking chances when they arise for 11 consecutive games at the highest level. 

He’s proved consistently that if you give him chances he will take them. I would therefore not say this is a player that is likely to ‘snatch at chances’ just because he’s one goal away from a record that probably means more to Sky Sports than it does him.

The service is quite clearly the issue.

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

What chances has he snatched at?

That’s such a nothing cliche phrase that gets trotted out when a striker hasn’t scored for a while.

Vardy has an unbelievable chance conversion rate. He’s scored a respectable tally in a turgid Claude Puel team. He’s literally got a record that requires taking chances when they arise for 11 consecutive games at the highest level. 

He’s proved consistently that if you give him chances he will take them. I would therefore not say this is a player that is likely to ‘snatch at chances’ just because he’s one goal away from a record that probably means more to Sky Sports than it does him.

The service is quite clearly the issue.

It's a bit of both.

Just watched him showing the touch of a rapist yet again when played in 1 on 1 by Perez.

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Shadow of the player we knew

ever since the baby came and his missus started taking the rooneys to court he has fallen apart on the field 

looks a championship player at present 

so sad to watch 😢

😆

• Haha 1

All the calls for 'support' for Vardy, notice how he came into his own again once Iheanacho and Perez were subbed. I'm not convinced he needs support of other strikers, but players who can play that pass and work hard behind him. Barnes can, not convinced Maddison has the same idea or timing of passes. Vardy thrives when he's THE striker although admittedly he hasn't been for a while.

• Like 1

He also came into his own when given a tap-in due to Sakho falling over. I'm not sure how relevant the subs were in that happening, but I'm very glad it did. One could be absolutely certain he'd be a different man having got the monkey off his back. Looking forward to seeing what happens next...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He also came into his own when given a tap-in due to Sakho falling over. I'm not sure how relevant the subs were in that happening, but I'm very glad it did. One could be absolutely certain he'd be a different man having got the monkey off his back. Looking forward to seeing what happens next...

Do you think Perez, Maddison or Iheanacho would have been there to pounce on Sakho's mistake though, and made the pass for an open goal? It still takes good decision making to see the full picture and make use of the situation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

Do you think Perez, Maddison or Iheanacho would have been there to pounce on Sakho's mistake though, and made the pass for an open goal? It still takes good decision making to see the full picture and make use of the situation.

Sorry @Mark, I slightly misread your entry. That's impossible to answer, isn't it? Good for Barnes, though.

Edited by HighPeakFox

We can actually say that now NOTHING is up with Jamie Vardy The Man The Legend the talisman the goalscoring genius is Back, when he scored that 100th goal it was almost as if a big weight was take. Off his shoulders and he could relax again!

Really pleased for the lad let’s hope now he keeps scoring for fun grabs that golden Boot and keeps us up in the CL places, great also to see Barnes on form 2 great assists first not giving up the second a sublime pass through to Vardy.

VARDY IS BACK 💙🦊💙🦊

COME ON YOU GORGEOUS FOXES !

16 hours ago, Mark said:

All the calls for 'support' for Vardy, notice how he came into his own again once Iheanacho and Perez were subbed. I'm not convinced he needs support of other strikers, but players who can play that pass and work hard behind him. Barnes can, not convinced Maddison has the same idea or timing of passes. Vardy thrives when he's THE striker although admittedly he hasn't been for a while.

Disagree with this, he came into his own once we'd made the break through and Palace started to come out their shell.

We know how good he is when given space to exploit. He still needs to work on how he plays against deep defences. We would not have won this game if Vardy was up front alone.