Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

What the Fook has happened to our fans? Personally I think after everything he's done for this club he can be excused for not scoring for a couple of games after a long break. He is 33 years old and Premier League top goalscorer, he's going to take him a while to get up to the pace we are used to 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jace said:

He is 33 years old and Premier League top goalscorer, he's going to take him a while to get up to the pace we are used to 

...and a defence as shit as Palace. 

All of the hoo ha around the 100 goals clearly had an effect on him. It was the same with Ian Wright when he broke Arsenal's scoring record. Look at the trophy, the video the club made, etc. All worthwhile but I bet Vardy caught wind of all that and it just increased the pressure. It's no surprise that as soon as he got the 100th his natural game returned almost immediately. 

Hopefully that frees him up for the rest of the season now. The club record is something like 250+ goals so don't think that's going to be an issue!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

All of the hoo ha around the 100 goals clearly had an effect on him. It was the same with Ian Wright when he broke Arsenal's scoring record. Look at the trophy, the video the club made, etc. All worthwhile but I bet Vardy caught wind of all that and it just increased the pressure. It's no surprise that as soon as he got the 100th his natural game returned almost immediately. 

Hopefully that frees him up for the rest of the season now. The club record is something like 250+ goals so don't think that's going to be an issue!

The fact that he had three months to think about it after getting to 99 against Villa probably did not help either. He really needed that bit of luck and a tap in. There is no doubt that he was not at his best, his touch was letting him down and he seemed to be snatching at things as opposed to his normally cool head on the few occasions where he had sight of goal. There were definitely a couple of at least half chances that normally you would have expected him if not to put away, at least trouble the keeper with that he hit wide or tamely got blocked.

Once he got that 100th, he looked much more like the Vards we know and love. His second was vintage Vardy, even down to the awareness to step back into his own half to start the run, calling for the pass to be held up and avoid offside. Just think a couple of games ago he would not have done that and either not made the run or been caught offside. It was almost as if someone had flicked a switch and turned the real JV back on again. I also think that this will not have gone unnoticed by the rest of the team and they will be starting to look for the runs again and play him in knowing that he is back on song.

Lets hope now that he has the monkey off his back he will bag a few more before the end and get his hands on that golden boot.

• Like 2

Looking back now, that bad touch from Perez's through ball changed Vardy's performance. He looked very annoyed and came out in the second half fired up, going into tackles and closing defenders down with aggression but fair aggression.

The third goal was classic Vardy- awareness, sharpness, no messing about.

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Looking back now, that bad touch from Perez's through ball changed Vardy's performance. He looked very annoyed and came out in the second half fired up, going into tackles and closing defenders down with aggression but fair aggression.

The third goal was classic Vardy- awareness, sharpness, no messing about.

I loved that you saw him kick the post like that, shows you how much it got to him. He's a very "Heart on your sleeve" type of player, but I think that's great. The English game these days lacks characters in general... you don't get intense rivalries like Vieria vs Keane, Wenger vs Ferguson, etc. Vardy is a throwback I think not just because of his story, but the way he winds opposition fans up, the way he gets stuck in. Aguero at Man City is probably a better striker than Vardy, but I'd rather have Vardy in my team any day of the weak. In fact I wouldn't trade him for any other striker in the league. He IS Leicester City.

Something I love about our current team is that we have quite a few characters. Kasper is one, Evans to some extent, and Soyuncu is pure Hollywood with the haircut and cruyff turns. We probably need a few more attacking ones though, Mahrez might have been a right sulker at times, but on the pitch he also had a lot of character and it's what made him what he is today.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

All of the hoo ha around the 100 goals clearly had an effect on him.

10 hours ago, urban fox said:

The fact that he had three months to think about it after getting to 99 against Villa probably did not help either.

I genuinely don't think he gives two hoots about these things.

He just wants to go out and enjoy his football, score goals and win games and the other stuff takes care of itself.

Then he goes home and does normal family stuff.

I bloody love him.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I genuinely don't think he gives two hoots about these things.

He just wants to go out and enjoy his football, score goals and win games and the other stuff takes care of itself.

Then he goes home and does normal family stuff.

I bloody love him.

The only player I've really cared about since Ian Marshall. 

Give him a chance in front of goal and he'll probably score.

For however poorly he played for a while, he's had so few chances like that until the last two games.

That cross for Iheanacho was sublime, though. If only he could get on the end of his own work...

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

he's rustled a lot of Arsenal fans tonight lol

At least two petitions started by GoonerBoi04 and InvincibleArse on Twitter whenever someone scores against Arsenal to stop them playing in the next game.

• Haha 1

Tonight was him back to his best, the movement off the ball looked transformed from some games recently, it was like a completely different player from pre palace. even if he had not scored, so much better from him, thats the vardy we know well.

I wonder if they have found a treatment for any lingering long injury he has had, or a offield issue sorted, he was running at full pace tonight wand not holding back half stride.

Edited by twister

We have got the Vardy back we know and love. Just shows how one goal can really boost your confidence and get you back into your mojo. If he was like this going back to game one of the restart things would have be so different I think. Tonight he really looked like he was enjoying himself and thriving in it.

Edited by Leicesterpool

People writing him off never learn 🤦‍♂️. It’s almost like they want to eventually be right when it does happen!

He was back to his best today, bar a fluffed effort in 2nd half which was poor.

He ran the channels well, he put himself about a bit more, he set up JJ for a good chance that he should of done better with, that ball to nacho - wow 👌. Then to go and score a crucial goal with a decent finish, he’s just a top striker really simple as that.

Even Martin Tyler mentioned that Teams are actually setting up vs Leicester purely to combat JV, such as his threat and despite being harder for him in general than when he has space behind, he still has the ability to play that well, if we can work as a team and create some moments for him.

Fantastic today.

Edited by deanolegend1989