Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

What the Fook has happened to Jamie Vardy?

Don’t think you can deny the lack of service for vardy. What is worrying is that he is nearing the end of his career. I know no one wants to hear that and he’ll go on another run of scoring goals but it’s true. Who else scores regular for us? We have no plan b if the vardy effect isn’t working which is what’s happened since the restart. We need a different option up front. 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

According to whoscored we’ve played 1 through ball in the 3 games since we came back.

It’s clear this is the problem! I don’t think it even needs debating (again).

There are an incredible amount of posters on here who I’m convinced don’t watch the games.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

TBF, he isn't the only one, not one Leicester player looks like they can be bothered.

I'm not defending him, because today, despite being isolated by Rodgers' terrible tactics once again, he was inexcusably bad.

But there is something rotten in the squad as not one of them can say they are putting in 100%. And it's sad how many times I have had to admit that as a Leicester fan in the past few seasons. Maybe it's just standard for professional footballers these days? It's probably me expecting too much to think they should try hard every game.

You don't think Kasper is putting in 100%? Or Marc? Or Caglar? Or James Justin? Or Harvey? Really? 

For four years now we have not signed anyone decent to help him out/partner him/challenge him/replace him 

He will be 34 in January. To me, he looks exhausted and it’s no surprise with how much we rely on him all the time. Another issue is how he doesn’t run the channels AT ALL anymore. If it’s an instruction then you can’t blame him but it just makes him very easy to mark for defenders. 

Iheanacho is not the man to replace him. I’d love us to go for Danny Ings and play him with and even instead of Jamie Vardy. Vardy is by no means finished but he can’t go on forever.  It’s time we finally looked at a long term replacement 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

It’s clear this is the problem! I don’t think it even needs debating (again).

There are an incredible amount of posters on here who I’m convinced don’t watch the games.

But when your not getting through balls, what is basically impossible in the 2 prem games as the opposition defend the penalty box, your forward needs to drop in to space and not stay on the shoulder? Surely you can see that? Normally against teams that defend high he is a threat, but he struggles against deep defences, he needs to drop deep and create the space for others. The problem is it isn’t his game and we need that to be able to let midfielders run in or wide men get in the box more, watch Aguero, or Jesus or firminho, it’s the forward that moves the defence for the others to attack the space 

• Like 1

We do not have another way of providing a real threat apart from the ball in behind. Our wingers consistently get into great positions but are really ineffective. I think we need more of a goal scoring threat from those positions to really improve. When perez and Barnes were really firing earlier in the season we looked imperious at times. That's where the difference can be made. 

The service from wide areas is dreadful, look at the cross for Chelsea goal from William. 

Unfortunately Albrighton, Gray, Nacho aren't good enough no matter how people defend them, Perez are jury is still out for me! Only wide player I would keep is Barnes. 

The service from Fullback is ok when Riccy P is fit. 

Vardy can't produce magic on his own at 33, he's a predator in and around the box.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

For four years now we have not signed anyone decent to help him out/partner him/challenge him/replace him 

He will be 34 in January. To me, he looks exhausted and it’s no surprise with how much we rely on him all the time. Another issue is how he doesn’t run the channels AT ALL anymore. If it’s an instruction then you can’t blame him but it just makes him very easy to mark for defenders. 

Iheanacho is not the man to replace him. I’d love us to go for Danny Ings and play him with and even instead of Jamie Vardy. Vardy is by no means finished but he can’t go on forever.  It’s time we finally looked at a long term replacement 

Good call always rated Inga and would have been a good buy after LFC sold him, likewise was Charlie Austin but his time has gone

There have been probably a dozen games this year where I've thought he was absolultely non existent but then he's popped up with one chance and one goal, another dozen where he's been like he has this last 3 games, similar output but never had a chance and another dozen where he's played well and contributed. For a long time we heard the line we want him to stay more central we want him to play a different role. Whatever way you look at it, whether he's nicked a goal with his 1 chance or he hasn't, and obviously he is the top scorer so maybe this is just being exaggerated in my mind by our dismal restart, but he's just not been involved in the vast majority of games this season, and that's no bad word against James you just feel he's being utilised and advised terribly, he needs to be allowed to drop deep sometimes or out wide, get his foot and his head in the game but it seems like his direction is to just... Exist between two defenders and hope one of our non existent creative entities can perform some creativity. He needs to be allowed more freedom or we're doomed for top 4.

• Like 1

We don’t have anybody that’s particularly good at beating players with the ball besides Pereira and maybe Barnes. When the ball goes wide (because we invariably create nothing centrally) our play is really predictable. 

Anyone saying Vardy doesn't try hard enough, or hasn't tried, clearly doesn't watch what he does off the ball. He's being asked to do the job of 2 differrent strikers in a side that creates very little. He's been asked to put pressure on defence & chase the ball down, run the channels and also be in the right positions to receive aimless balls up, as well as try and win balls in the air against 2 giant centre-backs and even if he does win them, there's barely anyone picking up the pieces or getting the 2nd and 3rd balls. 

Today in the first half we capitalised well on Chelsea's sloppy play but didn't really get the ball quick enough to create those clinical and clear-cut chances we usually would. A bright start to do but it was never going to be a long-term plan in terms of the game as Chelsea changed their ways.

For all Vardy does badly, there's not a chance much of the blame can be pinned his way for how we are playing or lacking goals. It's facetious and amateurish to do it. 

The problem is just behind him with our midfielders being cancelled out or just not performing to the standard they and we know they can. 

Maybe it's the optimist in me but I can feel that once we click, it'll be fvcking devastating for opposition. Someone above said it'll take Vardy a few games to get in to rhythm so let's just hope that's the case for the rest of the players, especially the creative ones too. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone saying Vardy doesn't try hard enough, or hasn't tried, clearly doesn't watch what he does off the ball. He's being asked to do the job of 2 differrent strikers in a side that creates very little. He's been asked to put pressure on defence & chase the ball down, run the channels and also be in the right positions to receive aimless balls up, as well as try and win balls in the air against 2 giant centre-backs and even if he does win them, there's barely anyone picking up the pieces or getting the 2nd and 3rd balls. 

Today in the first half we capitalised well on Chelsea's sloppy play but didn't really get the ball quick enough to create those clinical and clear-cut chances we usually would. A bright start to do but it was never going to be a long-term plan in terms of the game as Chelsea changed their ways.

For all Vardy does badly, there's not a chance much of the blame can be pinned his way for how we are playing or lacking goals. It's facetious and amateurish to do it. 

The problem is just behind him with our midfielders being cancelled out or just not performing to the standard they and we know they can. 

Maybe it's the optimist in me but I can feel that once we click, it'll be fvcking devastating for opposition. Someone above said it'll take Vardy a few games to get in to rhythm so let's just hope that's the case for the rest of the players, especially the creative ones too. 

:appl:

Up until December, look how many goals he scored from crosses/ passes to him in front of goal. Bournemouth, Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton, Palace, Arsenal, Everton- all laid on a plate for him to slot/ head home. Of course he still scored from through balls and going away from the defence but he was involved in the middle of the area so much more.

How many chances has he had like that since? Norwich with the own goal in December. Chelsea at home when he should've scored in February.

We need to create far more for whoever is playing up front. Iheanacho would struggle with the service in the past three games too.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I do have sympathy for the lack of decent service, And I’d never accuse him of lack of effort. But today virtually every time Jamie had the ball his touch or decision-making was dreadful. And it wasn’t much different v Brighton.

That opening he butchered at the start of the second half today was symptomatic of his whole performance. He is our talisman and needs to up his game pronto.

I’ve been thinking. The best we’ve seen of Vardy, where he is most consistent is when he has a partner. Nugent, Ulloa, Okazaki. Why can’t we play Perez up top with him, because Perez certainly isn’t a winger. Or why not Nacho? Just don’t quite understand the modern obsession of playing one striker. 

Vardy thrives on service like any striker but it does seem he is not running the channels with his usual energy. He has said himself that he is having to curb his enthusiasm chasing around and closing down to conserve energy but he has just not looked sharp of late. This is realistically his last chance at the golden boot and I am sure he is frustrated but there are only a few games left so he does not need to be thinking about a long stretch of games. 

He needs to get involved more and his touch will come back and when he is chasing down and pressing he worries defences into making mistakes.

We have seen this before with him where he has long barren runs then scores several on the bounce. He is a confidence player and I am certain that once he breaks this current run he will get more.

When teams play a deep block we need to get the ball out wide and whip in low crosses for him to run onto not float high crosses in.

18 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve been thinking. The best we’ve seen of Vardy, where he is most consistent is when he has a partner. Nugent, Ulloa, Okazaki. Why can’t we play Perez up top with him, because Perez certainly isn’t a winger. Or why not Nacho? Just don’t quite understand the modern obsession of playing one striker. 

It wasn’t when he had a partner as such, it was having someone behind in the gap between midfield and attack. Nugent and Okazaki may be seen as strikers but they played an attacking midfield supporting role. In Ulloa‘a first season he took Vardys place and Vardy was left to partner him or play out wide, but this didn’t work.

The following season Vardy was moved back up top after Okazaki came in, and then when he went off after 60 minutes, Ulloa took over that supporting role which was never what he was brought in for but it got the best out of Vardy.

I believe Iheanacho was brought in to play the supporting role that Okazaki and Nugent did successfully but he just doesn’t cut it and we have to cut our losses and sort something out, whether to help Vardy or a different option up front. Preferably both. What we’re doing now isn’t working. I think Maddison tries to get up there but his role is completely different, he isn’t tenacious like Nugent and Okazaki were and is often too deep anyway to have a positive effect on Vardy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Well to be fair this is exactly what needs to be happening, I think we need to get a foxestalk mole in to the stadium, dressed up in the other teams kit, holding a sex doll with Rebecca’s face on it giving it a good go just to enrage him. 

Any volunteers?

Midfield needs to push much higher I guess. We will be at risk of the counter, but I think we need to trust that we have the ability to score more than the opposition. The midfielders are often drop as deep as the full backs during attacking phases if we are struggling. In fact, they often drop into full back positions, meaning we become outnumbered in midfield. I’d love to know the reason for that. The gap between Vardy and the midfield is so large, we have absolutely no chance on building anything through the middle and are forced to go down the wings to our less than dynamic wingers.