Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

15 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

FYI the McLaren Construction video which was removed is back online for those that were interested 

This is absolutely mental. There will be players that are flown in for discussions that will see this and want to sign immediately. The size and scale of the academy is truly staggering. Hard to believe this will belong to Leicester City!

• Like 2

Just now, Zear0 said:

Not to nerd the place out too much, but it looks like a reclaimed Jawa Sandcrawler. 

I think it has a "we mean business" and a "wow factor" when world class players come for their medicals.

17 hours ago, SO1 said:

Airplane hanger looks nice.

The other buildings remind me of USSR State Architecture. Authoritarian. Enough brown already.

I reckon it'll be tarted up in a few years with a white/blue cladding.

Just now, Danizen said:

I reckon it'll be tarted up in a few years with a white/blue cladding.

I'm sure it will look fine once they do the landscaping and a few hundred trees get planted and grow in.

Don't know what the facade is made of but hope it is something that ages and has a more inconsistent character.

Anything to take some of the stark quality away. Its just my preference for contrast and balance. I'm an artist go figure.

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

is there actually people complaining? Considering our current training ground looks like this....

Leicester - Belvoir Drive Training Ground Photos - Premier League ...

Has a kind of Alpine character doesn't it? Looks like it belongs in the Alps. Just need some mountains.

13 hours ago, TWUKO said:

Yes far too much bronze/gold/brown panelling. I understand it's probably got to be in keeping with the landscape, same reason the indoor pitch has a part grass roof but you'd hardly know what our club colours were from these images. Obviously going for the subtle look. Hopefully the interior will be more blue, looks incredible either way.

Meh, looks the same as Southampton's. They would have never got permission to build a bright blue building in the middle of the Leicestershire countryside.

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Not to nerd the place out too much, but it looks like a reclaimed Jawa Sandcrawler. 

Time to claim the power of Utinni when it comes to signing players...  (Yes, I'm a nerd - I used to collect SWCCG cards, too, so I know what Utinni means :P)

1 hour ago, psychonaut said:

Since when does a bit of grass and 'landscaping' physically change the structure and appearance of a building? Moron.

I think you'll find it will change the look of the building significantly. Moron

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I mean it's not a million miles away is it when we're talking about the colour.

It looks fine to me.

IMG-20200819-WA0009.thumb.jpg.1428303b304d799caa9c2e7c800ec0e6.jpg

499486.jpg

Now we're talking. The beauty of inconsistency. :appl:

PS not trying to besmirch the club. Just trying to turn this into a discussion of aesthetics. :ph34r: