Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I'm getting a bit confused - is there one moron or two ?  can anyone join ???

The collective noun is a 'thicket of morons' but I think a 'forest of morons' is more appropriate. 

Edited by Spudulike
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think the bars on the windows of theirs makes it look like a low security correctional facility lol

Easy to escape because its made of timber.:whistle:

22 hours ago, SO1 said:

Airplane hanger looks nice.

The other buildings remind me of USSR State Architecture. Authoritarian. Enough brown already.

..always thought the choice of brown was a strange concept!!!

From the ground view it appears rather imposing and grand.Perhaps a predominantly glass facade may not have been the best choice for sleeping quarters.It seems no room for club colours perhaps to blend with the landscape instead of contrasting with the surrounding countryside. Looks like a lot of work still to be done internally and I would love to see the quality of the finish.

31 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

people complaining about the colour. it looks ****ing awesome and it will no doubt affect the caliber of players we can attract. It should go down as one of Top's finest achievements.

Should have had tiles on the face of it.

Then he could have legit named it....

Wait for it.....

TOP'S TILES.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

Will that dangerous section of the A46 remain as it is, where drivers dangerously cross over to get to Seagrave from Leicester/from Seagrave towards Leicester, or is there still some consultation about trying to improve it - once this training ground opens officially?

Edited by Wymsey

11 minutes ago, Saigon Fox said:

It's quite Brutalist and I like it!

I knew there was a word for it! So much for my art education.

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Will that dangerous section of the A46 remain as it is, where drivers dangerously cross over to get to Seagrave from Leicester/from Seagrave towards Leicester, or is there still some consultation about trying to improve it - once this training ground opens officially?

There was a condition in the planning permission for an amendment of the junction. However, it's in relation to access for coaches and increased traffic. The dangerous element, crossing the carriage isn't amended. A ridiculous situation. 

The training ground can't open until the works are complete but due to COVID it's not even started. An amendment to that condition has been submitted by the club. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LCFC247 said:

****ing beautiful video and whoever decided to put the audio from the 15/16 montage over it nearly made me shed a tear!

Just seeing this amazing structure up and (almost) ready to go... it’s like a lasting monument to not just Vichai but Claudio’s achievements too. Without that season we wouldn’t be pissing off the Seagrave locals for eternity.

This is his legacy as much as Vichai’s. Etched into the local countryside. Our future!

• Like 2

On 19/08/2020 at 22:47, TWUKO said:

Yes far too much bronze/gold/brown panelling. I understand it's probably got to be in keeping with the landscape, same reason the indoor pitch has a part grass roof but you'd hardly know what our club colours were from these images. Obviously going for the subtle look. Hopefully the interior will be more blue, looks incredible either way.

I’d that you Martin Allen?

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

It’s this and the last 10 years memories that for me bring a lump in my throat - this is our football club a City in the Midlands that most of us were born in that was a yo-yo club flattering to deceive. Like many on here supporting this club for over 45 years and the four generations that have watched us I have to pinch myself to believe that KP and the family have truly transformed but also are building a legacy for future generations.

Take it in we have become an established premier league club and this new training ground is the next step in establishing us even more in the upper end of football in England and also across Europe......so when we have defeats or maybe disappointing performances seeing clips like this and the fabulous memories being created by our owners makes me appreciate what we have.

This is the football club I love and the place I was born and bred which I am so proud to say is at last punching with the big boys......great video!!!

apologies for the sentimental ramble ....it happens when you get old!

I've run out of rep points, so I'll reply, instead.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's far, far too easy for most of us, if not all, to adjust our level of expectation based on our current standing in the sport and take things for granted. I think it's important to remember to take a step back and look at the big picture every once in a while. It's too easy to forget where we were as a club only a decade ago. Just imagine going back to 2009 to tell your past self what the future holds. It would sound like the ramblings of a fantasist.

We could just as easily have been bought by different owners and be yo-yoing between League 1 and the Championship right now.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've run out of rep points, so I'll reply, instead.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's far, far too easy for most of us, if not all, to adjust our level of expectation based on our current standing in the sport and take things for granted. I think it's important to remember to take a step back and look at the big picture every once in a while. It's too easy to forget where we were as a club only a decade ago. Just imagine going back to 2009 to tell your past self what the future holds. It would sound like the ramblings of a fantasist.

We could just as easily have been bought by different owners and be yo-yoing between League 1 and the Championship right now.

If you'd stood around in 2009 telling people we'd win the PL, CL QF etc etc I strongly suspect you'd have been taken to a nice 'soft' room in a special coat by some very nice Dr's.

Regardless of your opinion on the colour, that facility is immense. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

If you'd stood around in 2009 telling people we'd win the PL, CL QF etc etc I strongly suspect you'd have been taken to a nice 'soft' room in a special coat by some very nice Dr's.

Regardless of your opinion on the colour, that facility is immense. 

Exactly.

I think the colour is great, by the way.