Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

Arsenal fans: iT wAs OfFsIdE

20200707_234155.jpg

20200707_234200.jpg

Just was not clear and obvious. This line is drawn by the VaR ref at an angle that is difficult to tell. Plus, given we were robbed of the first half goal from Nachos, they could not possibly disallow another goal for that.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Ref blew his whistle before the goal was scored so VAR can’t review 

The linesman was at fault here. She raised the flag not having a clear vision and the Ref got influenced by her and blew his whistle without going to VaR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Just was not clear and obvious. This line is drawn by the VaR ref at an angle that is difficult to tell. Plus, given we were robbed of the first half goal from Nachos, they could not possibly disallow another goal for that.

Nothing about it was offside. Then tried their best to find something though 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Looks quite clear to me in the second pic. Defender’s foot was AHEAD of Vardy’s shoulder (or any other part of Vardy that could score a legal goal).

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

All I know is, that's stopped another aspect of our rot - namely, failing to come from behind to get something from matches.

Seriously, when was the last time we got anything in a game we conceded first in? Struggling to think of one in 2020. I just expect us to lose when it happens nowadays.

4 from 6, Vardy back scoring and (regardless of them being down to 10 men) showing a bit of bottle to drag ourselves back into a game we were second best in for long periods.

It 'aint perfect, but it's better. This Bournemouth game is gonna be massive, and I'm certainly seeing green shoots from the lads.

If we don't beat the cherries, that's it for top 4 i'm afraid, but I think we'll do it. If you'd asked me two weeks ago i'd have said we were going to lose every remaining game and end up 7th, so I'm reasonably happy with how this week has panned out. UTF, keep the faith.

PS - eff off Aubameyang, the golden boot is our Jamie's. :whistle:

Arteta has clearly picked up Pep's cry baby attitude when he doesn't get his own way.

I get that saying that all good managers are bad losers, but i don't think they realise how poor it comes across in comparison to managers who just show a bit of professionalism and composure when being interviewed. 

Now that I have gotten over the disappointment of the last 10 mins which I felt we should and could have tried harder, I think the performance overall (together with the Palace game) is more encouraging considering where we have been since December - we have been very poor.

I am also happy that BR seems to agree with FT :) with the selection and formation in the last game - which apart from Bennett starting instead of Fuchs - he had taken our advice on board (just kidding obviously he does what he does).

In the next game, I like to see us start Fuchs as he offers more defensively and going forward.

I also like to see Praet in for Ndidi - that guy needs a rest anyway and also I like to see us attack a bit more with movements in the middle which Praet can offer more than Ndidi. Mind you - he was immense, but if we stick with 3 at the back, we don’t need Ndidi as much.

Edited by Tom12345

1593550925605.png

Not a great performance but the post-game Arsenal media stuff has cheered me up.

Our defence looked incredibly vulnerable early on, simple balls between the CB into the half-space were muellering us first half, Cags all over the place, midfield overrun, Albrighton & James caught too high defensively and too low offensively, but we started the game quite well it was just as soon as the defense started crumbing we lost confidence.

Red was a red, all day; leg stretched straight with running studs down into the knee. JJ was lucky he instinctively turned away otherwise it could've been a leg breaker.

Kavanagh is up there with Pawson for worst ref in the Premier League. Lacazette should've been yellowed second half. Just not a bloke who commands respect or has any real balance with his decisions, just consistently crap from what I've seen.

Here's Aftv's in game view of the red lol

• Haha 1

Should have won, but a draw was bearable. Bennet was a liability I think, Aubameyang was his man for their goal, and he is a truly awful passer of the ball, not the answer for next season, can't see such a poor technical player making it under Rodgers. Other than his passing and their goal he was ok. Perez was good, Ndidi was good. Justin got some really nice crosses in! I think if he can adjust defensively to the PL, he will be a useful player for us in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Should have won, but a draw was bearable. Bennet was a liability I think, Aubameyang was his man for their goal, and he is a truly awful passer of the ball, not the answer for next season, can't see such a poor technical player making it under Rodgers. Other than his passing and their goal he was ok. Perez was good, Ndidi was good. Justin got some really nice crosses in! I think if he can adjust defensively to the PL, he will be a useful player for us in the future.

Agree. He should have been able to prevent their goal. I was shouting for Fuchs to sub in for him and let Soy play on the right of back 3.

• Like 1

Because of our start to season if we fail to reach the CL it will quite rightly be seen as a wasted season and I do understand those people who often see the negatives.  But on the whole we’re still having a great season and that was a good point. Unfortunately teams like arsenal, Chelsea and Utd just have far more resources than us and sometimes I think we forget that things are very, very good for us right now. That’s not to say I’ll not be disappointed if we drop lower than 4th, I will and I think it would be a terrible drop off but bigger picture wise we’re still heading in the right direction and mixing it with teams far far bigger than ourselves.

Also, Vardy is just the fvcking GOAT. I didn’t think I so hope he gets the golden boot, totally deserves it. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree. He should have been able to prevent their goal. I was shouting for Fuchs to sub in for him and let Soy play on the right of back 3.

The issue being that Fuchs has never looked happy as a left sided CB - the one thing Bennett seemed to bring was some defensive solidity from corners (the lacazette offside apart). 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Because of our start to season if we fail to reach the CL it will quite rightly be seen as a wasted season and I do understand those people who often see the negatives.  But on the whole we’re still having a great season and that was a good point. Unfortunately teams like arsenal, Chelsea and Utd just have far more resources than us and sometimes I think we forget that things are very, very good for us right now. That’s not to say I’ll not be disappointed if we drop lower than 4th, I will and I think it would be a terrible drop off but bigger picture wise we’re still heading in the right direction and mixing it with teams far far bigger than ourselves.

Also, Vardy is just the fvcking GOAT. I didn’t think I so hope he gets the golden boot, totally deserves it. X 

But the only chance we have to consistently mix it with those better resources clubs is to get CL money every few years ....

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Was out earlier so recorded the game and managed to avoid the score.

All I can say is thank god I did and was able to use the fast forward button.

Every time the ball went out for a throw, 30 seconds.

Every time the ball went out for a corner to them, 45 seconds.

Every time we fouled them, which was a fvcking lot, 30 seconds.

Then there's the multiple subs and drinks breaks on top of that as well. Barely any football was played.

I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the officials not clamping down on it or at us for playing in to their hands and not having the urgency to make a point of it. It just felt like we were allowing it to happen and sleepwalking into a defeat.

Credit where it's due, Arsenal defended and pressed us well. But we're up against David Luiz and Mustafi on a massive pitch. Turn. Them. 

Look, it's a good result all said and I don't want to whinge too much. But it just felt like we were missing a trick. Still, we continue to perform better than at the start of the restart and we were playing well before their goal.

Oh and if I have to see Ceballos' fvcking tooth retainer one more time I'll snap something.

There was a period of 10 minutes either side of the drinks break where the ball was in play for less than 90 seconds. I’d be surprised if it was in play for more than 50 minutes total

If it’s a point in it at the end of the season then that’s a cracking result. We just need to keep united at arms length, preferably on an odd number of points so they need more than a single win to overtake us. Potentially we go into the spurs game and can get a result that will leave us let’s say, 4 clear of United then it is ideal. Our goal difference is as good as a point too, so there’s plenty to be optimistic about. Win the next two, and then go hell for leather against spurs, and it could be over by the time we play united. The spurs game needs to be a cup final, we’ve got a four point gap, let’s maintain it. I expect Chelsea to slip up again too. 

• Like 1

Arteta hasn’t come across well with his interview after the game. The Vardy and Nketiah incidents aren’t comparable Vardy was in the air with no control over his legs, Nketiah went into the tackle high with his studs up. I’m sure he didn’t mean to hurt JJ as everyone at sky were keen to point out but it’s still a red card.

seems like he’s trying to get Vardy into trouble.

cant understand why sky didn’t even mention iheanachos disallowed goal either. Need to win the next 2 and see where we are then.

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Was out earlier so recorded the game and managed to avoid the score.

All I can say is thank god I did and was able to use the fast forward button.

Every time the ball went out for a throw, 30 seconds.

Every time the ball went out for a corner to them, 45 seconds.

Every time we fouled them, which was a fvcking lot, 30 seconds.

Then there's the multiple subs and drinks breaks on top of that as well. Barely any football was played.

I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the officials not clamping down on it or at us for playing in to their hands and not having the urgency to make a point of it. It just felt like we were allowing it to happen and sleepwalking into a defeat.

Credit where it's due, Arsenal defended and pressed us well. But we're up against David Luiz and Mustafi on a massive pitch. Turn. Them. 

Look, it's a good result all said and I don't want to whinge too much. But it just felt like we were missing a trick. Still, we continue to perform better than at the start of the restart and we were playing well before their goal.

Oh and if I have to see Ceballos' fvcking tooth retainer one more time I'll snap something.

Good to see I’m not the only one!

I’m getting ****ing fed up of it. Literally not just this game but most Prem games I watch. So many fouls, any close contact between players, it’s a waiting game to see which one will drop to floor first to claim a free kick.

The games gone IMO. I watched a Few retro 90s games recently and it really is chalk and cheese from today’s product.

The rules are to ‘soft’. It will turn into a non contact game soon, water breaks every half, time wasting not punished and probably a 1 minute massage each half wedged in somewhere in the future! 

Yes the game has got a lot quicker, fitter players and better training methods and fitness,  it’s also a lot better technically , but for sure the games no longer physical and I’m

cringing with embarrassment the amount of times a player just falls down and rolls around. Tierney was holding his face when it was a shoulder to shoulder, it’s just painful.

They won’t do it , but it would make a better game if they changed the rules and make it so you don’t get a foul unless ‘it’s clear and obvious force to cause a foul’. It would stop people falling over to ‘buy’ a foul every time they get themselves into a scared situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Arteta hasn’t come across well with his interview after the game. The Vardy and Nketiah incidents aren’t comparable Vardy was in the air with no control over his legs, Nketiah went into the tackle high with his studs up. I’m sure he didn’t mean to hurt JJ as everyone at sky were keen to point out but it’s still a red card.

seems like he’s trying to get Vardy into trouble.

cant understand why sky didn’t even mention iheanachos disallowed goal either. Need to win the next 2 and see where we are then.

Literally nothing in Vardy’s it’s just a collision of anything. Nketiah was reckless and rightly dismissed. Arteta is a winey lil bitch!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I can bet my nuts that Man City will be excluded from next season’s CL, so Top 5 should still make a great season (albeit I fully expect 3d or 4th place).

If however we somehow miss out on CL qualification, then Covid screwed us. I realize that our dip in form and slide preceded Covid, but everyone else around us were similarly not on great form (sans Liverpool of course, and to a lesser extent Man City). The Covid break and lockdown however enabled the traditional Big 6 to get all their big guns fit again and firing on all cylinders (perhaps sans Spurs) as if starting off a brand new season.

Talksport talking about Leicester's VAR enhanced point!!!!! 😡 they clearly dudnt watch the match. The big 6 bias is absolutely ridiculous. All over Twitter last night Sky and talksport were questioning the red card! Fuming!