Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Watched the last 20 and in that time they went down to 10 and we scored and grabbed a point, so you can all thank me whenever you want. 

In all seriousness, given our record there it's a point worth taking! 

Nketiah can have no complaints. It's endangering an opponent when studs connect with the knee. Wasn't even that close to the ball either. May not have been malicious but it's a red all day. 

Not sure why VAR took so long about our goal. Perez doesn't touch it and Vardy is onside. Dare I say they were looking for a reason to disallow it?! 

On we go to Bournemouth. We should be taking all the points there if we really want top 4. Can't be relying on Man City's UEFA ban decision because no doubt we will finish 5th and they'll find in favour of the Man City... 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think the Chelsea fans will be looking at their side today and having doubts, they were lucky today against a side we dominated. Man utd, Liverpool and wolves in their last 3 games, we just have to make sure that pressure is on them and I think they'll crumble, they're very wobbly at the back imo

yanited is a cup game .....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Watched the last 20 and in that time they went down to 10 and we scored and grabbed a point, so you can all thank me whenever you want. 

Nketiah can have no complaints. It's endangering an opponent when studs connect with the knee. Wasn't even that close to the ball either. May not have been malicious but it's a red all day. 

Not sure why VAR took so long about our goal. Perez doesn't touch it and Vardy is onside. Dare I say they were looking for a reason to disallow it?! 

On we go to Bournemouth. We should be taking all the points there if we really want top 4. Can't be relying on Man City's UEFA ban decision because no doubt we will finish 5th and they'll find in favour of the Man City... 

I hate conspiracy theories but you have my attention ......

• Like 1

Just now, escape2victory said:

Good battling point. Will be an interesting team selection on Sunday. I’d be inclined to stick with a back 3 but not Bennett.

On a side note, how poor was Ndidi tonight ?! Really bad from Wilf

You won’t see a back three again this season .....

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

What is the point of 4 CM’s on the bench & 6/7 defensive substitutes... 

One of the spots should have been given to George Hirst. Really think he could have made an impact tonight in the last 10 mins.

Fair point but I think it's too risky to give someone their first chance in the current situation. It's probably a little unfair on him too. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's only reason why VAR was brought in too look after the big clubs. I mean I'm not sure where they should send the premier league trophy this season Anfield or Stockley Park. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Would’ve taken a point before kick off.

how ****ing shit were Sky tonight? Absolute wankfest over shitty Arsenal. After Rodgers interview mentioning the improved second half, they go back and say “is this because Arsenal let them off the hook first half Jamie?” 

That’s after 90 minutes of Tyler and Smith fingering themselves over Saka’s square pass to Aubameyang and Cole Ashley talking out his arse.

Reminds me of Newcastle away in the championship when they went on about Nile Ranger as if he was Ibrahimovic.

We could be on course for the treble against 10th placed Man United and they’d be on about their chances of the top 4.

Usually fancy listening to the analysis after the game to get a neutral view on what had happened in the game. But honestly the TV went off straight after the whistle. 

I expect commentators to be neutral, to actually talk about both teams and I expect analysis to be on both sides not one sole focus. Sky have described this game as a whitewash for Arsenal with plucky leicester stealing a point

13 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Good battling point. Will be an interesting team selection on Sunday. I’d be inclined to stick with a back 3 but not Bennett.

On a side note, how poor was Ndidi tonight ?! Really bad from Wilf

Yes, I wonder if he was ill or carrying an injury? 

Edited by onekeithweller

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

how ****ing shit were Sky tonight? Absolute wankfest over shitty Arsenal. After Rodgers interview mentioning the improved second half, they go back and say “is this because Arsenal let them off the hook first half Jamie?” 

That’s after 90 minutes of Tyler and Smith fingering themselves over Saka’s square pass to Aubameyang and Cole Ashley talking out his arse.

Reminds me of Newcastle away in the championship when they went on about Nile Ranger as if he was Ibrahimovic.

We could be on course for the treble against 10th placed Man United and they’d be on about their chances of the top 4.

Sky brought their C team for the game. Alan Smith, Jamie Redknapp and Martin Tyler shouldn't even be on the bench for them. 

Was out earlier so recorded the game and managed to avoid the score.

All I can say is thank god I did and was able to use the fast forward button.

Every time the ball went out for a throw, 30 seconds.

Every time the ball went out for a corner to them, 45 seconds.

Every time we fouled them, which was a fvcking lot, 30 seconds.

Then there's the multiple subs and drinks breaks on top of that as well. Barely any football was played.

I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the officials not clamping down on it or at us for playing in to their hands and not having the urgency to make a point of it. It just felt like we were allowing it to happen and sleepwalking into a defeat.

Credit where it's due, Arsenal defended and pressed us well. But we're up against David Luiz and Mustafi on a massive pitch. Turn. Them. 

Look, it's a good result all said and I don't want to whinge too much. But it just felt like we were missing a trick. Still, we continue to perform better than at the start of the restart and we were playing well before their goal.

Oh and if I have to see Ceballos' fvcking tooth retainer one more time I'll snap something.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why are Sky saying Arsenal battered us first half? Did I watch a different game.

Well, they did. They had at least twice as many efforts on goal and were it not for Kasper they would have been at least 2 goals up. 

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Please don't, it gives me chills to this day. "Nile Ranger, very much the lone ranger tonight." ****ing hell that was torture.

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can anyone set me up a go fund me page so I can keep betting on our opponents to beat us? 2/2 so far I've lost. Wanna keep this up 

I've lumped my spare cash on United to finish top 4. So that should see them **** it up lol My betting is very unlucky. 

Also did an acca with us to lose/draw and Chelsea/united to win. Should see us good.

Ultimate is Chelsea drop out, win win.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

cole ashley hahaha