Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Usually fancy listening to the analysis after the game to get a neutral view on what had happened in the game. But honestly the TV went off straight after the whistle. 

I expect commentators to be neutral, to actually talk about both teams and I expect analysis to be on both sides not one sole focus. Sky have described this game as a whitewash for Arsenal with plucky leicester stealing a point

Unfortunately they don't see shitty little Leicester or any other team outside 'big 6' as a subscription seller. They have a narrative and are sticking to it. It's embarrassing for them.

• Like 3

I normally hate to feed the "conspiracy theory" narrative but bugger me...they really gave people reasons to believe it tonight.

Disallowed goal, an age spent on the clear red and clear goals. I was half bracing for them to not give them our way. Just seeing Vardy stood around waiting for his goal to be chalked off, the way they tried to find every angle, despite the fact that you could see with your eyes it was onside.

It really did feel like they were looking for excuses. 

18 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Concerned the Man C ban will be overturned. They are bankrolled by a entire country and I am genuinely concerned that if it came down to either us or Man C in the champions league  we all know who the footballing authorities will prefer.

I really don’t think they will Fifa will need to show that they have to uphold the decisions they deliver they can’t be seen to cave in u less they are do corrupt that the sight of a huge big Brown envelope will sway there decision and overturn the ban which would be a huge travesty to the footballing community, if you break the rules you deserve to get punished you should not be able and should not be allowed to buy your way out of a ban ?

if Man City do get the ban overturned then it would be a real insult and travesty to the whole football community, trouble is tho money is king in bossiness !! 

A deserved point. Could’ve easily won the game too, but overall a point is a fair reflection on the game. One I would’ve took before hand. 

Kasper made some great saves and kept us in it. Tielemans was brilliant again. He play so much better without Maddison, sadly. Great determination to keep going and get the goal. We historically struggle to break teams down/score against teams with ten men (especially when losing) but tonight, along with two other games this season we’ve found a way which is great. 

The formation played into their hands but as you’ll all have seen it was a lot better in the second half. 

Barnes was tragic when he came on, Gray much better again and a lovely assist. But Gray will take the bashing. Granted at times he tried a bit too much. Justin looks good In flashes, but there are times when you think he’s still in league one. Some sloppy passes etc. 

Overall, it’s a good point against a team in form who hadn’t conceded in 3. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I really don’t think they will Fifa will need to show that they have to uphold the decisions they deliver they can’t be seen to cave in u less they are do corrupt that the sight of a huge big Brown envelope will sway there decision and overturn the ban which would be a huge travesty to the footballing community, if you break the rules you deserve to get punished you should not be able and should not be allowed to buy your way out of a ban ?

if Man City do get the ban overturned then it would be a real insult and travesty to the whole football community, trouble is tho money is king in bossiness !! 

I reckon they handed them a 2 year ban expecting to reduce it to 1 year on appeal. Hopefully!

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

This season is so weird! As much as I can't stand Villa but we all need to get behind them now and hope they can muster a draw. Park the brummy bus and unleash a counter with greasylish the goal scorer. :thumbup:

Villa have not beaten Man U at home since 1995, the year of our last point at Arsenal. An omen?

• Like 1

I hate games like this in the evening. It takes ****ing ages for the adrenaline to leave the system and I can’t get to sleep. Feel a lot better after that result. We grounded out a point and that is a positive step for this young team missing three key players. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah. We had an additional man and we should have kept pumping it up.  

Particularly disappointed with Tielemans - he is meant to be our most creative midfielder out there but he just kept passing sideways or backwards with no urgency to Evans or Soy in the last 10 mins!

At least Gray and Justin did try to go forward while Praet was trying to make runs (though often ignored).

Tielemans was playing in the pivot, perez was supposed to be our creative outlet that game.

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Well first of all it's a miracle that somehow, we have actually avoided defeat at Arsenal. That's a good starting point.

So many things to cover on that game though, although the overriding feeling is that the bias that both the officials and Sky give towards the 'big six' is just so obvious it's unprofessional. It's childish, inane pandering to the small minded glory hunters that pollute the footballing world nowadays. A good reminder of why I rarely bother with the analysis.

The Iheanacho non-goal - I am absolutely not convinced that it was a foul, and they still never gave us any proper replays of it. Could you imagine if it was the other way round? Sky made more of Arteta's ridiculous claim that Vardy should've been sent off (for literally falling over) than that bizarre decision. It was like they wanted to forget it ever happened.

Leicester's first half performance was pathetic. After a quite bright start it really was just awful and it was only because of yet another Schmeichel masterclass we've not gone in at least three behind. Defence looked all over the place. It seemed like we had no numbers when we either attacked or defended. It was woeful.

But you always do wonder if a team doesn't punish you when on top that you'll get a chance and we did. I'm really glad we actually got something out of that. I was dreading us drawing it 0-0. Very tight on the offside but they got the right decision in the end, although I still think it's a crying shame that moments like that are just spoilt now by the dirge of VAR.

I still think we lack that ruthlessness though. Why have we not gone all out for the win, and if we have (in Rodgers' eyes) then that is simply nowhere near good enough. It became there for the taking and we just played passively in injury time, again.

Gray is definitely an impact sub. Great ball for the goal.

As ever, Dan, you see it pretty much exactly as I do. Great post.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Concerned the Man C ban will be overturned. They are bankrolled by a entire country and I am genuinely concerned that if it came down to either us or Man C in the champions league  we all know who the footballing authorities will prefer.

You never know they might be a bit romantic and think the better options might be the underdogs? 

imo today was almost the best Foxes game of 2020. If we had played like that against Watford and Brighton, we would have 4 points more.

Today was the turning point and we will win the last 4 games. Then there will be no more corrupt VAR decisions helping ManU.

I am really looking forward to the CL with Jamie and his wild Foxes...:yahoo:

Such a weird game.

In the hour and a half since it finished I’ve been flooded with mixed emotions.

On one hand we were getting torn apart in the first half for large parts of it. They were cutting through our midfield like it wasn’t there and then the defence couldn’t cope with Saka. This showed how massive Ndidi is - he wasn’t at the races at all during that spell and it showed how bad we are when he’s bad. Soyuncu was the worst of a bad defensive line first half but no heroes emerged.

Second half we pretty much dominated. Created a few chances. Arsenal were sitting extremely deep after the red and invited pressure desperate to cling on and waste time.

We could have been 4 down at one point it was that bad but at the same time we’ve had a decent bit of time against a leggy and desperate 10 man team aswell. Dunno whether to be delighted with a battling point from behind or sad at two dropped points and a missed opportunity.

Kasper made one absolutely brilliant save from Lacazette which saved our bacon.

The disallowed goal a puzzler for me. Looks like Kolasinac runs into Nacho then pretends to die in order to get the bail out foul. Sky didn’t show a single replay at HT or FT and zero discussion on it. I wonder why??

I’m told Andy Townsend on Optus Sport in Australia said it was a goal. Weird to not even air any possibility or debate over here.

Alan Smith went almost silent for the rest of the game when we scored and he embarrassingly tried to defend the red card challenge saying it’s not a red. Given the way he basically celebrated Welbeck throwing a spanner into our title chances back in 2016, you’d be forgiven for thinking he might actually hate us despite his history here.

Bizarre Arsenal love in toss fest all night for what was a pretty even game.

Filled with irrational anger despite the fact I’d have taken a point pre game. 

Onwards to Bournemouth.

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

You never know they might be a bit romantic and think the better options might be the underdogs? 

lol

These people think about money more often than Sean Dyche does.

Edited by Mark_w

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

Missing our first choice left back, right back and the creative midfield spark so a point at Arsenal is not so bad. We have a very young side who will learn from this, at the start of the season a top 6 finish and cup semi and QF would have been seen as a very good season.

...it's relinquishing them, that's the problem!!!

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Thought Dimi was a great impact di. Yo igyy hi t thought he gave us a bit more upfront I’d say keep the lad for his enthusiastic performances as a sub later in the game 

Well!

Thought he was pants as per, save the cross for the goal. 
Fuchs the best of the subs, Barnes ok, Praet less so.

Good from Perez, JJ & Tielemans, plus, of course POTY Evans. 
Kasper great shot-stopping, poor (very) distribution. 

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

Would have taken a point before the game and definitely after the first half. Just disappointing not to get a winner with 8 mins stoppage time. Barnes skying everything, Gray crossing to no one and Justin passing it off the field, nice.

Gray hit two crosses, one resulted in a goal the other didn’t work out. Some of our fans really do just have it out for players don’t they? 

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I hate games like this in the evening. It takes ****ing ages for the adrenaline to leave the system and I can’t get to sleep. Feel a lot better after that result. We grounded out a point and that is a positive step for this young team missing three key players. 

haha I've got an interview the day after tomorrow. I chose the slot a day later because there's no way I could mentally prepare the night of a City game lol Messes with your mood

• Like 2
  • Haha 1