Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Well!

Thought he was pants as per, save the cross for the goal. 
Fuchs the best of the subs, Barnes ok, Praet less so.

Good from Perez, JJ & Tielemans, plus, of course POTY Evans. 
Kasper great shot-stopping, poor (very) distribution. 

Barnes ok but Gray pants? Youre on one mate. Gray created more chances in 10 mins than perez did in 90. Not sure what people see in perez as a CAM he's best getting on the end of chances as a second striker not creating them as he doesnt have the vision.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Good point. Wtf was that last 8 minutes though. Any other team would of been hammering the opposition. 

Too scared of losing possession which is definitely a brendan thing. We got more possession with intent whenever we wellied it at them as they hit it straight back to us, and then passed it around aimlessly outside the box. It's as though we were trying to do arsenal's job for them and vice verse. 

A point doesn't feel enough but Chelsea still to play man u and Liverpool. 

Considering the fact that we're missing Ricardo, Chilwell, and Maddison, not to mention the disallowed goal chalked off because that bumbling twat Kolasinac went down as though he'd been mugged, it's a deserved point that could have been more. In hindsight, my only major gripe is Iheanacho being taken off for Barnes, who was ineffective.

Right, I've just come on here after a glass of wine or 4 and watching the match. Happy with a point. But...

How the hell did VAR get the ref to view that challenge to make it a red card?

I saw in real time that it was studs up, knee high.

Why hasn't someone in Stockley Park said its a straight red?

Bloody disgrace. 

Well fought though boys. I'll take that.

10 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Such a weird game.

In the hour and a half since it finished I’ve been flooded with mixed emotions.

On one hand we were getting torn apart in the first half for large parts of it. They were cutting through our midfield like it wasn’t there and then the defence couldn’t cope with Saka. This showed how massive Ndidi is - he wasn’t at the races at all during that spell and it showed how bad we are when he’s bad. Soyuncu was the worst of a bad defensive line first half but no heroes emerged.

Second half we pretty much dominated. Created a few chances. Arsenal were sitting extremely deep after the red and invited pressure desperate to cling on and waste time.

We could have been 4 down at one point it was that bad but at the same time we’ve had a decent bit of time against a leggy and desperate 10 man team aswell. Dunno whether to be delighted with a battling point from behind or sad at two dropped points and a missed opportunity.

Kasper made one absolutely brilliant save from Lacazette which saved our bacon.

The disallowed goal a puzzler for me. Looks like Kolasinac runs into Nacho then pretends to die in order to get the bail out foul. Sky didn’t show a single replay at HT or FT and zero discussion on it. I wonder why??

I’m told Andy Townsend on Optus Sport in Australia said it was a goal. Weird to not even air any possibility or debate over here.

Alan Smith went almost silent for the rest of the game when we scored and he embarrassingly tried to defend the red card challenge saying it’s not a red. Given the way he basically celebrated Welbeck throwing a spanner into our title chances back in 2016, you’d be forgiven for thinking he might actually hate us despite his history here.

Bizarre Arsenal love in toss fest all night for what was a pretty even game.

Filled with irrational anger despite the fact I’d have taken a point pre game. 

Onwards to Bournemouth.

You have perfectly put my thoughts on the game into words. 

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Right, I've just come on here after a glass of wine or 4 and watching the match. Happy with a point. But...

How the hell did VAR get the ref to view that challenge to make it a red card?

I saw in real time that it was studs up, knee high.

Why hasn't someone in Stockley Park said its a straight red?

Bloody disgrace. 

Well fought though boys. I'll take that.

That wasnt even the most controversial part of the game...

• Like 1

Just listening to Arteta’s interview again. He mentions something that puts a smile on my face. “When you play against this opposition, when you have them, you have to kill them.”

As a Leicester fan, we should take immense pride from that. He classes us in that level of opposition that you don’t always dominate but if you do, you need to capitalise or they will hurt you. After our title win, results against the traditional big clubs would usually lead to players/managers saying “with all do respect...” meaning its Leicester, we should have these. Get top 4 lads, keep this pride. 

• Like 1

Guest SO1

Justin was incredible tonight. What a player. To go from League One to tonight. Playing as well as he did under the pressure of that match is amazing.

Congerton must surely know something :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

How fcking slow is VAR? 

Only our second point there in the prem, so can't really complain.

What I find. strange

Their goal..No VAR,no One looked if the crosser was offside,no Time wasted. I Don t know,but it should

Nachos goal,no Time wasted..VAR didnt seem to bother...

Red card...Straight Leg up red,Why did it Take so long

Our Goal, again so much Time wasted...

Now trying to compare the high foot red card, With Vardy Falling Naturally clipping an opponent could of been a Red card....??

Why this pundits Bullshit...Always pro Big clubs,but Never questions the disallowed Goal....They would of been all over it,if it was Arsenal

Now Post match,all discussion over Arsenal,and their players....

In my View we are the weaker squad,Arsenal should always win this game,so Why are Leicester getting no Plaudits...!!

Plus half of this forum spend their Time just demeaning their own Team & players...From The Top present 6 clubs,we have some Top players,but we really do have the weakest squad,we do have Good players and our best Team for years,playing the best they can..We are still  competing for Top 3-5 With the worst rescources...

Our fans should be more supportive, and Stop playing the spoilt,entitled brats...

I Love the fact that we have like Wolves our Good but far Low weight rescources,have still got into the phsyc of the & big Boys pundits,und could still spoil their considered Status quo...

Our performances have dropped off..but We Dont have that Cache of Quality players that we can use to create hardened  competition like the Big boys withinside our squads.

Look at the Arsenal players that are on the sideline...Its what we are,and where we are as a club,lets Not make us out ,more than we are....

We have come up in Leaps und bounds,but no matter how far we have come there is still a large Chasm to Cross to Mix it

consistently  a whole season and over more seasons..Because of Finance und Mis-fired ,Player investment...Rodgers Really doesn't have much to call on, Of high Organe Quality players,to Drive that forward consistency..!!! 

Forget present injuries We should be able to rotate,Evans,Chilwell, Vardy ( hes unique),Soyuncu,Ndidi,Scmeichel,Ricardo,Maddison if we want that consistent Top 6 placings...

But ffs  People..!!  Even with that truth of top but Not Deep spread of high Quality recources,we are still Shaking and rattling that Top 6 big club tree...

Since our Great escape..we have put ourselves into higher Rankings for the modern even Harder PL in recent times,that we arent just competing top 14, Top 12, Not even Top 8, but Think about this !!!!...We are strutting our Stuff at TOP 6-4...level...

We played well tonight,  despite the decenters & disclaimers..!!!  And Yes against a fast Front 6 of a Top quality Arsenal, we had our stumbling moments,but we held! even with our normal reliant CBs slipping & Losing their positions,but they still rebalanced it out with Good Saving  moments.

Arsenal could have scored 2-3,but so could have we..

We were the Away Team against a resurgent Top club....!!

Un!ike some I Don t overrate our all round Position when competing with the traditional big 6,

but I also Dont then rush into screaming fits of cynicism against my own team,when it doesn't quite run our way..

Other Teams are also  allowed to ruin our day....

We have still 4 Top games in Front of us..Like some I aint a frit moaning mnnie who runs every time behind the sofa,and shouts out my total Lack of belief...

You see thats the difference between Top 6 fans forums...

This forum seems to have gathered up all the UK Fishers & Farmers wives.....

mind you its still witty & funny,and it takes all sorts...innit  :scarf:

I prefer the positive,Never say die approach the season aint yet finished we still stand proud.Something this forum use to have in Barrel fulls...

When we were crap, the forum was never this bad...Has this last season...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

Lost a lot of respect for Arteta saying Vardy should've got a red for accidentally catching Kolasinac. Salty so-and-so.

Edited by ALC Fox
Got "pr!ck" starred out which made it look like I called Arteta a salty CU next Tuesday, which wouldn't have been on

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You can tell how much they care by the fact they're missing 2 of our subs and haven't rated any of them Screenshot_20200707-234527_Score Centre.jpg

The ratings make me laugh as well. So Ceballos was better than Kasper? And the 3 jokes at the back for Arsenal were better than Martinez who made some really good saves. Utter nonsense