Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Mixed emotions tonight.

Was very surprised we went with Bennett in that right channel against the pace of Aubameyang, they targeted that area massively and got lots of success from it early on. I like Fuchs in a back 3, he’s so good in position, he can easily bypass Ndidi and find Perez in between the lines. 

Disappointed with the way we handled that final 8 minutes of stoppage time, we barely threatened or strung 2 passes together, even with an extra man and all the momentum. 

Under normal circumstances that would be a good point, but with the results going against us, it feels like an another 2 points dropped. Come on a Villa! 

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Tbf even Gary Lineker seems to be saying it wasn't a red card in his view..

But one thing we can be sure of is if that had been one of your guys on an Arsenal player they would have been screaming for blood and blue murder.

Arteta is probably trying to protect his young playe and deflect the blame.

it was 50/50, for sure not a cert red, it could have gone either way so we did get lucky on that.

But once I seen the ref walk to the monitor, I knew he would give it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So I'm the only one who thinks Vardy absolutely knew what he was doing then? 

He was probably happy to let his leg swing in that direction, fairly standard process when you get clattered, if you're momentum is taking you into the defender why would you pull out. He clearly didn't mean to scrape his studs on his face.

Every commentator is spaffing about Arsenal making a couple of half chances, they exceeded our expected goals by 0.29 goals. A draw is probably the right result. Not even taking into account our disallowed goal that didn’t get checked by VAR.

They keep saying how well Arsenal played while showing the same 2 clips over and over... lol

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Albrighton as an inverted LWB trying to play fast and direct football actually works. Its the most appreciative I've been of him in 3 years.

Are you joking? You must be? He was out of position all game, wasn’t getting forward wasn’t tracking back, left Cags vulnerable for the 1st half.  Shocking shocking performance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

it was 50/50, for sure not a cert red, it could have gone either way so we did get lucky on that.

But once I seen the ref walk to the monitor, I knew he would give it.

Please explain to me how it wasn't a certain red? Genuinely I feel like I'm living in another universe