Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that's a strange rationale!!!

Why should we be rewarding a team who have broken the rules to profit from their impropriety?

Irrespective of a teams ability to progress to any great extent with the CL it should not be a factor who they are.

It is as if you were sitting on the CAS board and selecting a team based on their financial wealth than upholding the ethos of the sport.

Yes, yes I get that . My point is that whilst the game itself is irredeemably mired in corruption and graft the players aren’t directly responsible . I would rather watch the top players playing at the higher levels  than have their careers stunted 

7 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Hope this helps open the floodgates for us to spend more money. 

It does if the club can manage to refuse eufa to to look over the books for long enough and considering Leicester has managed to keep modern slavery hidden for the last 50 years, there's a good chance we could get away with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Good, I'm glad because we are going to bottle 5th anyway, might as well stop Wolves or Sheff Utd getting a CL place that should have been ours.

Rather them join Man Utd in the CL than it being made out of just big 6 teams again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Rather them join Man Utd in the CL than it being made out of just big 6 teams again. 

No, because it gives them a big chance to grow and attract top players and also takes the shine off us as 'best of the rest'. Got to think long term here. **** Wolves and Sheff U.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No way, how painful will it be to see everyone saying how great Wolves are when it should’ve been us there. 

Exactly this. People rim Wolves enough as it is and they are wank (although they have a winners mentality, unlike us).

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

No way, how painful will it be to see everyone saying how great Wolves are when it should’ve been us there. 

If we're not in it, we don't deserve a place. 

If us and Wolves were both in CL, they'd likely do better. I have no faith in us not bottling big games, how often have we done that this season?

7 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Not fussed about this. If we don't finish in the top 4 then we shouldn't be in the CL.

Still in our own hands

We're not getting much from Sheff U, Spurs and United. 

Happy to be proven wrong of course, but a clutch turn around at the death from the biggest bottle jobs I've ever known would be a turn up for the books, to put it mildly.

24 minutes ago, Beechey said:

"If you break the rules but can conceal it, then you're okay" is basically the ruling here.

Not really, CAS accept that Man City broke the rules, but the evidence for the breaking of them rules were from 5 or more years ago, and uefas rules basically say that you can`t be punished for anything from 5 or more years ago.

That in itself makes this whole thing baffling, because surely uefa must have known before hand, that their own rules meant that they had no chance of winning this case!

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't understand the hate Wolves get on here, they've played 13 games more than us too, and are still only 7 points behind us. Imagine next season if we've both got to play the same amount of games, they'll be miles ahead of us come the end of the season.

Its a sort of rivalry these days, we are both aspirational clubs of a similar size threatening to disrupt the established elite.

More than that though, their fans are neanderthal morons, and they play horrible defensive percentage football while bizarrely being lauded as some sort of second coming of Brazil 1970. And their manager has a shit beard.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Not really, CAS accept that Man City broke the rules, but the evidence for the breaking of them rules were from 5 or more years ago, and uefas rules basically say that you can`t be punished for anything from 5 or more years ago.

That in itself makes this whole thing baffling, because surely uefa must have known before hand, that their own rules meant that they had no chance of winning this case!

Exactly. So if you can conceal it for 5 years, there's effectively no repercussions.

Honestly, what is the point of FFP if you can't look back at old accounts and punish teams for breaking the rules where they have done? It's incredibly stupid.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, brucey said:

Come on Europe ! Looking forward to broadening my experience of European clubs and their players by watching some unknown Estonian winger leaving Maguire on his fat arse 

What we've learned then is that Manchester City have now been allowed into the group of elites. We knew it was all a rig anyway but I suppose it's been borderline for a while whether Man City were allowed in on it all and today we discovered they were.

The delays were simply to see how the rest of the season panned out. Now that it's pretty clear that the current top 4 were making the CL it was safe to overturn this.

It's yet another kick in the balls for us - this season is rapidly becomine a nightmare for us. It's hard to believe it could go THIS wrong.

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because they're another example of a club that has just bought their way to being where they are with mercenary owners. 

I admire the character and determination of their players but everything else about them is dislikable. 

Much like we did under Sven? We were fined for breaking FFP rules ourselves. If there owners want to spend money, then goodluck to them, I'd rather have them in the top 4/6 than the standard Liverpool, Man City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Its a sort of rivalry these days, we are both aspirational clubs of a similar size threatening to disrupt the established elite.

More than that though, their fans are neanderthal morons, and they play horrible defensive percentage football while bizarrely being lauded as some sort of second coming of Brazil 1970. And their manager has a shit beard.

I do see where you're coming from, but I hope either us or them manage to break into the CL in the next couple of seasons, just so it's someone different. I don't think we should hate them because they're a good team and we're bottlers.

• Like 2