Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

FFP is a joke anyway, it's there just to protect the big clubs.

7th is a Europa League spot isn't it? I can't see Spurs winning all three games, hopefully we'll get a draw against them and that'll be enough.

I don't even want Europe, rather we didn't have it next season if we can't go, just worried a couple of players will want to go if we don't get any form of European football.

I think 7th is only a Europa League place IF Arsenal don't win the FA Cup and IF Wolves don't win the Europa League (assuming neither finish top 4).

As it stands, Europa League:

- 5th place (automatic)

- 6th place (in lieu of Carabao/League Cup, as Man City will now be in CL)

- FA Cup winners.....but would go to 7th place if winners finish in top 6 (certain for Man City, almost certain for Man Utd & Chelsea, not at all certain for Arsenal)

....but, if Wolves win Europa League, then we have 5 teams in CL (inc. Wolves) & only 2 in Europa League (so conceivably even 6th might not be enough IF Arsenal win FA Cup & Wolves win EL?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, you experts! :D

Just now, Super_horns said:

Means it can be a free for all regarding spending?

FFP is a waste of time then. 

Nah only applies to the smaller clubs or those not owned by the state of Qatar, who dare spend more to try and compete.

• Like 1

There are two separate issues here.

Man City should have rightly brought to 'justice' over FFP and the whole issue stinks. 

However, we don't deserve to be in the CL if we are not in the top 4, which seems unlikely now. Blowing it big time on the field is what is disgusting from our point of view really. 

Aim for 5th places now- I wasn’t expecting CAS to do us any favours and to be frank we don’t deserve it on current form. This team lacks steel, in the summer we need to buy players with strong mentality- you need players stand up when the going get tough. Maybe this experience may have a positive effect, use this pain in a positive way for the rest of the season. We mustn’t feel sorry for ourselves 

6 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Quite the opposite. It makes last nights result all the more meaningful. 5th would have seen us in Champions League, something we could have clung onto.

Now, it's just Europa League.

Gonna be a hard summer. 

Yesterday we had the hope of clinging onto CL, bit with this ruling we would have lost that even if we had won yesterday

Edited by Beechey

On 10/07/2020 at 15:41, Matt said:

If we can't qualify by making top 4 then we only have ourselves to blame anyway given where we were and the gap we had.

We're quick to call other clubs bottlers, have a laugh and giggle but if we don't make top 4 we've bottled it and not been good enough simple.

Money talks and Man City were always going to have it overturned but let's not beat around the bush our form since Christmas has been nothing short of undeserving European football anyway but if it softens the blow or people wanna bury their heads in the sand and look for something to blame other than ourselves for not getting that then knock yourselves out.

It's in our hands however, the objective should have been to finish atleast 4th anyway, take the thought of a 'comfort blanket' of 5th out the equation, but hopefully confirmation of taking 5th of the table focuses some minds.

Regardless of this being true or not these opinions remain the same, anything other than a top 4 place is a failure (Even if 5th place qualifies for CL) on our part is how I assess this season given where we were and the gap we had, certainly given our form and performances since Christmas.

image.jpeg.598528b16ff7953cde74207718f20e44.jpeg

I stand by my original post even more so after last night.

It’s for the best we don’t make European football anyway. We’d be humiliated.

The real down side to all this is that twat Pep who everyone wants to emulate his shity style of boring football will be hanging around for abit longer.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Why would UEFA bother banning them in the first place? 

I’m guessing that the boys with spreadsheets do the analysis and make recommendations where guidelines are breached - once the evidence is presented to the decision makers and interpretations are placed on intent to commit offences or deception . All the rules appear to be honoured more in the breach than the observance . Chelsea were the subject of a transfer ban but spent a fortune pre signing players in the last few weeks 

21 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Right decision was made. Two year ban was excessive. 

It wasn’t though.

The rich clubs like Man City can afford a fine so it’s nothing. What’s the point in having FFP? Every rich clubs minds well break it and then just accept the fine. It’s a joke.

I’m not bothered about the influence on us, we’ve messed it up for ourselves, but it just highlights that rich clubs can do anything they want.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Bit of a kick in the teeth for FFP as a whole concept to be honest. Looks like big club bias and when you view it in that light it's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Having said that at the start of the season if you wanted Champions League then top 4 is the aim, so if we do finish 5th, I don't think we can grumble about that being Europa.

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

It gets worse - I've just seen on another forum, someone who supports another PL club saying we're just as guilty of abusing FFP as Man City.

I could be completely wrong but I remember something being made of our finances the season we were promoted. There was definitely a fine we had to pay, from memory.

It isn't just the mega-rich that get away with all sorts.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie