Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

FFP is a joke anyway, it's there just to protect the big clubs.

7th is a Europa League spot isn't it? I can't see Spurs winning all three games, hopefully we'll get a draw against them and that'll be enough.

I don't even want Europe, rather we didn't have it next season if we can't go, just worried a couple of players will want to go if we don't get any form of European football.

No, think only top 6 is Europe but I may be wrong. 

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

13 hours that have drastically changed the direction we are going in. 

This basically just makes yesterday's result meaningless.

Manchester United are winning every remaining game they have, the top 4 will be Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea.

So boring.

12 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Realistically, is it fair to ban Man City and give it us ? Seriously, take the blue tinted glasses off and just think if that is “fair”. If they’ve breached FFP, fine them but don’t harm the competition by letting a fifth place team grace the games most elite club competition. The right result, is the fair one. If they’ve done wrong, fine them. If not, let them off.

..how much do you think we should fine them!!!

£5m £20m, ....the revenue from CL is circa £70m, any fine will be a slap on the wrist.

The irony of it all is staggering.  Break the rules around injecting too much money into the club.  Get punished for breaking the rules. Then pay more stupid money for top lawyers and god knows what else to get away with it.

Tbh, if we got 5th and had squeaked the charity Champions League spot, we'd always have that asterisk. The outright disgusting form since Christmas and Rogers are to blame for us not getting CL

Not that I'm for Man City effectively going unpunished. No reason for FFP at all, and I'd be astounded if the right people hadn't paid off the right people for this verdict to be achieved

It’s quite touching that people actually cleave to the idea that football has a series of bodies ensuring propriety and governance ( FA, EUFA, CAS, FFP etc)

the whole structure is corrupt and run by self interest and brown envelopes as is demonstrated over and again

That said, Man City’s players are superior to those in the sides who would displace them and probably deserve to play on the international scene . 

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

The irony of it all is staggering.  Break the rules around injecting too much money into the club.  Get punished for breaking the rules. Then pay more stupid money for top lawyers and god knows what else to get away with it.

10 million euros won’t even cover the money they’d make in a year of qualifying. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

FA Cup winners get Europe, so we need Man City, United or Chelsea to win it. If Arsenal win the FA Cup and finish outside the top 6, they'll be in Europa League. That's probably the best result all round for us.

That would just be the icing on the cake if Arsenal go and win the fa cup. But to be fair, with our form since xmas, we dont deserve Europe. 

Just now, surrifox said:

It’s quite touching that people actually cleave to the idea that football has a series of bodies ensuring propriety and governance ( FA, EUFA, CAS, FFP etc)

the whole structure is corrupt and run by self interest and brown envelopes as is demonstrated over and again

That said, Man City’s players are superior to those in the sides who would displace them and probably deserve to play on the international scene . 

Why would UEFA bother banning them in the first place? 

I’m really starting to dislike football, it’s  changed beyond recognition since I first started watching. I know you have to move with the times but this is not for the better at all. It’s corrupt as **** and only the ‘big boys’ can do as they wish and get away with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This basically just makes yesterday's result meaningless.

Manchester United are winning every remaining game they have, the top 4 will be Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea.

So boring.

Quite the opposite. It makes last nights result all the more meaningful. 5th would have seen us in Champions League, something we could have clung onto.

Now, it's just Europa League.

Gonna be a hard summer. 

Truth is we just aint good enough for Champions League anyway, it wouldn't have been like last time where we got a good seeding from winning the league it would have been an embarrassment. We are a Europa League team I think right now and that's probably where we will end up