Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

Well since I know nothing about club rugby and who has the best players or anything else I cannot comment . 

However, would I prefer to watch some of Man City’s players in competition rather than some clogger from Sheffield United ?

Yes . Sorry 

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..just to be sure!!!

You would rather see Saracens, a club that has flouted the "Cap" and was warned, continued to pay their players by setting up businesses in the individuals name, who were fined again and had points deducted, and continued to flout the rules leaving the only avenue to reign them in by deducting sufficient points to trigger relegation, playing in the Heineken Cup Final having been assembled by illegal means as against an Exeter team playing by the rules governing the sport, taking their rightful place in the competition.

The only reason Saracens could get in the Heineken was to finish in the top 4 of their domestic league, and if by the means of cheating, by the club, you are happy, to endorse this ethos, then you really need to reevaluate your ethics.

Well since I know little or nothing about club rugby , who has the best players or indeed anything else, I cannot comment. My point related to the actual players and performers of a different sport rather than the arcane workings of rugby.

As to whether I would prefer to watch some of Man City’s players in competition rather than some clogger from Sheffield United sadly the answer is yes -sorry . ( but thanks for the advice on ethics - always welcome :thumbup:)

It's very hypocritical of Leicester fans to be criticising Man City for their FFP breaches when we have disregarded FFP in the past when it suited us. Every club would do it. UEFA are to blame here for their stupid 5 year rule, just idiotic to put a limit that low on it.

Is it a bit of a con? Of course, but the reality is we should not have been relying on a judgement like this given where we were a few weeks ago. In fact if we were still a clear 3rd with CL guaranteed I imagine a few on here would have been laughing as it would mean either Chelsea or Man Utd missing out. The performance last night was so bad last night it merited us being dumped in the Checkatrade cup , or whatever it’s called now, rather than the champions league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Hasn't 5m been quoted for him? 

Wonder what the number of games to trigger the buy clause is, as he'll probably have to play all 3 games left due to Cags hotheadedness. 

5 appearances is what we've heard on our end. 

If we're really that desperate to not buy Bennett, we could ditch the 3 atb experiment and play Morgan - Evans instead. Keep him on the bench to save his 4th appearance in case of injury. 

Edited by brucey

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

It's very hypocritical of Leicester fans to be criticising Man City for their FFP breaches when we have disregarded FFP in the past when it suited us. Every club would do it. UEFA are to blame here for their stupid 5 year rule, just idiotic to put a limit that low on it.

You can be a supporter of a club and note that you disagree with your clubs actions and those of others. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You can be a supporter of a club and note that you disagree with your clubs actions and those of others. 

Yes but at the time not one person was critical of Leicester but everyone was critical of the league. Now it’s a different club it’s flipped.

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Football is dead. There is no point even watching anymore.
There is nothing to fight for, the whole footballing powers want the same sh*t each year so there’s no point of really watching when it’s all capped to what any club can really achieve.

The games a farce. You can’t tackle any more, you can’t be physical. Diving is rewarded, time wasting is rewarded, breaking financial rules is rewarded.

Its not football anymore, it’s a very bad business product and that’s ruined a once great game.

I honestly believe soon, at the start of each season, you could pick every position between 1 and 20 and know already due to finances.

In fact in 20-30 years I believe football will be dead completely and it will be a different game.

Couldn’t agree more. I know he’s marmite but I’ll be interested to hear what Simon Jordan thinks about this on Talk Sport tomorrow.

10 mil fine is laughable. Don't you get something like 4 mil by not even qualifying to the group stages? 15mil for qualifying for the group stages with bonus of 2.7mil per group stage win. The fine pays for itself before you're out of the group stages. 

Apparently one of the three man CAS committee who ruled on this works for a law firm that gets the majority of their business from the Abu Dhabi United Group. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1