Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Katy said:

That’s the problem though isn’t it, we have no clue how to 😕

We do, Bournemouth tonight looked like Newcastle twice, Villa at home, West Ham at home, Palace last week, Southampton away. Demoralised and there for the taking. 

Why didn't we go for it like we've done before?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Stringer treading a tight rope of getting banned from interviewing the manager here. Trying to take him on talking tactics re. Perez’s role.

Fair enough for stepping up to ask some tough questions but not sure he’s really nailed what his role is in asking those.

Hope there is a link to replay the interview somewhere?

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

We do, Bournemouth tonight looked like Newcastle twice, Villa at home, West Ham at home, Palace last week, Southampton away. Demoralised and there for the taking. 

Literally the only times this side has looked up

to the hype are when bartering demoralised opponents. Can’t even do that properly any more. In fact managed to do the exact opposite.

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

it ain't gonna be fourth after 38 man.

You're right, we might only finish 6th which is nowhere near good enough for a club our size. Sack him and then sack the next guy if he doesn't deliver Champions league either

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

That was his fault and all - we played that daft lop-sided 4-2-3-1 which gave TAA all the time and space he needed to run that game.

I’ve said throughout that I don’t want to sack him but the more I think about it the more I think of his absolutely mental tactics in our biggest games and wonder if he’s cut out for this.

Tactically he manages like a fan. 

Villa in December plays a diamond to shoehorn Praet in the team. Works well we win. Then does the same to Norwich, draw. 

Newcastle January - 3-5-2. Win. Villa cup tries similar fails. 

He has these ideas and when they work he then tries to implement them again. But they worked for specific opposition. Trying to teach a squad new formation/shape over course of two weeks fails. 

Palace home won. Tries to implement the same against Arsenal’s front three and we get nailed for thirty minutes. 

Our best performances have came post lockdown with Perez at 10 in the hole. Decided to completely pull that apart at half time tonight 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

There’s been many other occasions where we’ve just not been arsed to turn the screw too though. You can see them, tippy tapping it about with zero end product. There’s been plenty of sides we could’ve turned over but didn’t. 

28 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t see who’s better that we could attract. 

A bit of perspective maybe, this season we have progressed, but fell short. If we kick on next season then all will be forgotten, it will take a strong window of signings though, and a mentality shift. 

Disagree, if we started like shite, and then ended well, I would agree on progress.

But instead what's happened is we carried on our good form from end of last season, but after December its all fell apart, so momentum wise we in a very bad place, which means its not progress.  In other words the league placing is masking problems.

I feel without managerial changes, we will be bottom 1/4 of league next season.

18 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

image.png.f8f0f341aa65ef41c4d17d2c06feb4e4.png

Formation changes this season.

Whilst that’s very interesting. We’ve clearly played 3-4-1-2 in the last three games so those last two should say same. 

He's defo doing his job as the team are playing like his personality. However, that also seems to be the problem. He's clearly talented but after tonight I ain't sure he's got the balls or ability to take us where our Owners want to go. When he needed to prove himself early on he was a breath of fresh air. Then came the Arsenal distraction. He got his massive pay rise but he's minted anyway and will now walk away even more minted. He got distracted and his ego got stroked. He'll have proved himself to himself and potential future employers. This Leicester City cave in won't hurt him because being top 4 with *little* Leicester still looks good on his CV. Bottom line is that I doubt losing a Champions League place hurts him anywhere near the level it does us. 

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

You're right, we might only finish 6th which is nowhere near good enough for a club our size. Sack him and then sack the next guy if he doesn't deliver Champions league either

Come on Paddy, we've totally collapsed. This is the sort of thing people were saying when Claudio had us 17th 'Yeah let's sack the man who won us the league because he doesn't deliver it twice in a row'.

I've said this before. He's a manager that is a good man manager and that is why he is good at keeping morale high. But if we hit a low, Liverpool at home or Villa in the cup, then it appears that he finds it hard to motivate the players. He needs to find a way of motivating the players when we have a tough result like today. I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle in our remaining games. 

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Could be 7th if Sheff United beat us.

It's the momentum which concerns me- he's not shown much to suggest he can turn things around.

• Like 1

Last two managers clearly brought in by top for the passing, pressing style of football, but with clearly the wrong players  with the wrong abilities to do so, to reliant on the same players every week, and a very poor squad in reserve.

This goes far beyond Rodgers, this is years of poor recruitment, and over spending on wages and fees for mediocre players.

For example James given a new contract after not kicking a ball for years, Silva and slimani brought on big fees and wages, loaned out pretty much all of their contracts, with us paying most of their wages, Andy king 50 grand a week?, never played, the list is endless.

So pretty much we have one of the highest wage bill in Europe, whilst having a squad of James, albrighton, kasper, Wes, Gray, Perez etc who are on massive contracts and in fairness are average prem players and a squad of young inexperienced players, who are not ready to compete at the highest level consistently.

Time for a clean slate of over paid, or over rated players, clear the wage bill, and give Rodgers a wages budget and transfer budget, and let him do what he has a history of, bringing in young, hungry talented players through.

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We weren’t doing very good otherwise Puel wouldn’t have been sacked for Rodgers to come in. 

The first half of his tenure was brilliant and the second half has been underwhelming, it’s not a lost cause though, there’s been more positives than negatives this season. 

Puels additions are there to be seen. He inherited a right dogs dinner of problems and a disfunctional mismatching squad which he addressed. However, his man management skills etc appeared poor. Rodgers clear people skills had a very positive effect initially and I think the players performed despite him. However,  once his seemingly egotistical flawed 'philosophy' starts to kick in combined with selection changes and tactics, or lack of them, kicked in,  things started to go tits up. Now, I really feel that the players have started to see through the utter bullshit. 

• Like 1