Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Those defending him, why shouldn’t fans be angry?

We were comfortably in 3rd place, now we are on the brink of bottling the chance of Champions League football.

It’s the manner of this downfall that unsurprisingly pisses many fans off, our form since Christmas has been disgusting.

If Claude Puel for example did what Rodgers did tonight, he would have been lambasted. 

Of course it’s still not over, but if we’re left with Europa League football next season, then Rodgers has a lot to answer for.

Absolutely agree

Puel was a lucky manager. He'd pull the odd win out of no where, and although the football was at times shite, you didn't always know which Leicester would turn up. Wins Vs Chelsea away, City at home and a point at Anfield point to that.

Honestly can't say that now, I go into games expecting not much at all. Surely our form in last 10 games can't be much worse than when we had Puel's last ten. That Palace 1-4 was similar to tonight too

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

We’ve been woeful since Liverpool dicked us on Boxing Day and he’s shown no sign of having a clue of how to fix it.

This. We thought we were title contenders but schooled pretty much back to back by Man City and Liverpool over the Christmas period and never recovered our mojo.

Pretty much every team since then has worked us out and we’ve plodded on, the odd lucky result, but basically assuming the points cushion we built up in the first half of the season would see us through.

however when Brendan finally does change the line-up by playing two upfront, things pick-up as teams have to react to us again. 

it all starts working again and the Rodgers sh1ts the bed terrified at being 1-0 up and dominating against the team in 19th that are pretty much relegated, takes of nacho and reverts back to the style that hasn’t worked for months.

kaspers post match interview was also terrible, it was like he didn’t really care - ‘Yeah I made a mistake but these things happen in football and we’ll learn from this’ :frusty:

Let's see how good his man management skills are in keeping some of the players wanted by other clubs. Not sure I would want to stay right now.....I just cannot get my head round what has been going on? Interesting coach ride home! At least Kasper owned up and apologised, I am sick of Brendan's monotone media answers. I wish he would come out and say it's not good enough and everyone needs to buck their ideas up, him included! Show some passion and fight man!

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

We were comfortably in 3rd place, now we are on the brink of bottling the chance of Champions League football.

It’s the manner of this downfall that unsurprisingly pisses many fans off, our form since Christmas has been disgusting.

If Claude Puel for example did what Rodgers did tonight, he would have been lambasted. 

Of course it’s still not over, but if we’re left with Europa League football next season, then Rodgers has a lot to answer for.

We're only in with a chance of CL because of Rodgers, nobody was predicting it before the season started.

Fans have got a right to be angry though, I won't criticise people for wanting him out, even if I think you're wrong.

20 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Whilst I agree it should be pointed out that Albrighton was injured

Agreed,  but in a game we need to win, why essentially play a right back and centre half? What about Gray, Praet, Barnes or even move Perez over for Albrighton? Conservative, cowardly unambitious nonsense. 

Rodgers out.  Plain and simple .  Stop the rot .  Do not give him a war chest , get the Southampton Manager in .  Someone with some intellect and backbone .  This is not a overreaction .  We fans need to come together to get rid, before him and his goons do deep damage to Vichai’s legacy . 

• Haha 1

I’d like a list of nailed on alternatives before sacking him tbh.

im not his biggest fan. I’ve plenty of complaints and I genuinely feel that due to the form since Watford/Everton at home sort of time he deserves the sack, but in the past we have sacked managers at bad times with nobody really suitable and interested, and a better option than what we currently had available. I’d really like to avoid going down that route again. Sacking managers costs a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere, so if we are going to sack this one then let’s make sure the next one is right. None of this puel ball bullsht.

Guest ttfn
5 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Absolutely agree

Puel was a lucky manager. He'd pull the odd win out of no where, and although the football was at times shite, you didn't always know which Leicester would turn up. Wins Vs Chelsea away, City at home and a point at Anfield point to that.

Honestly can't say that now, I go into games expecting not much at all. Surely our form in last 10 games can't be much worse than when we had Puel's last ten. That Palace 1-4 was similar to tonight too

Puel was literally the opposite of a lucky manager. Our xG under Puel was not far off this team yet we found ourselves in the bottom half under Puel but in the top 4 under Rodgers.

The main difference-maker in our performances since we’ve been promoted has been Vardy’s form in front of goal. Obviously under Ranieri we hit the sweet spot of having Vardy on fire and Mahrez having a standout season (not to

mention Kante and the rest) but every other season- or even half-season -  has been defined by how ruthless Vardy has been.

Edited by ttfn

12 minutes ago, shailen said:

I've said this before. He's a manager that is a good man manager and that is why he is good at keeping morale high. But if we hit a low, Liverpool at home or Villa in the cup, then it appears that he finds it hard to motivate the players. He needs to find a way of motivating the players when we have a tough result like today. I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle in our remaining games. 

Saying nacho was having a bad game rather than admitting he made an error is not good man management. Especially when everyone accept him seems to think kel was playing well 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Puel did do this! But worse....He was sacked because of it. We were chasing top 6 then capitulated and ended up 9th.

To which we did exactly the same the following season under Rodgers. Missing out on 7th place for Europe.

This season we've been in the top 4 all season. And until our best 3 players got wiped out, 2 of which I'm convinced wouldn't be injured if it wasn't for this radiculous scheduling of fixtures, we looked set for a solid finish.

You have to remember our team is full of players with young families, playing under the current circumstances is stressful, you risk taking the virus home. The schedule is radiculous, you're spending most of your time travelling and staying away.

Tonight was ashambles and we need a leader out there on a night like tonight. But my god under the circumstances of this mental season, I think it's important to keep football in perspective.

Would you even want to be traveling around Europe next year? Risking bringing the virus back home? Fans or players?

It'll be the crappiest European tour ever, most of the games will be behind closed doors.

This thread is embarrassing.

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Saying nacho was having a bad game rather than admitting he made an error is not good man management. Especially when everyone accept him seems to think kel was playing well 

There were quite a few calls at half time suggesting Barnes on for Iheanacho because we hadn't put the game to bed..

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We're only in with a chance of CL because of Rodgers, nobody was predicting it before the season started.

Fans have got a right to be angry though, I won't criticise people for wanting him out, even if I think you're wrong.

Course not, but to be in such a healthy position in 3rd, to then potentially bottle it and throw it all away is sickening.

If the league had been tight throughout I along with others probably wouldn’t be as angry, it’s the fact that we had like a 15 point gap on 5th at one point, now we’re on the brink of dropping to 5th ourselves.

That is garbage.

• Like 1

This team just does not have any bottle. I don’t see any fight or pride in playing for our club. There is no way the players will pick themselves up from this, they’re not strong enough mentally. Even though he was poor today, Kasper is one of the only ones who looks like he gives a shit. Even if it is not his style, Rodgers should lay in to the players. Okay he made a bad sub but come on. The players in that second half were pathetic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Last two managers clearly brought in by top for the passing, pressing style of football, but with clearly the wrong players  with the wrong abilities to do so, to reliant on the same players every week, and a very poor squad in reserve.

This goes far beyond Rodgers, this is years of poor recruitment, and over spending on wages and fees for mediocre players.

For example James given a new contract after not kicking a ball for years, Silva and slimani brought on big fees and wages, loaned out pretty much all of their contracts, with us paying most of their wages, Andy king 50 grand a week?, never played, the list is endless.

So pretty much we have one of the highest wage bill in Europe, whilst having a squad of James, albrighton, kasper, Wes, Gray, Perez etc who are on massive contracts and in fairness are average prem players and a squad of young inexperienced players, who are not ready to compete at the highest level consistently.

Time for a clean slate of over paid, or over rated players, clear the wage bill, and give Rodgers a wages budget and transfer budget, and let him do what he has a history of, bringing in young, hungry talented players through.

We have a problem but I would not put down that to ‘poor recruitment.’ Clearly, in 2017 we made some poor purchases in Silva, Slimani and Musa but the recruitment has been very good on the whole. 

Players like Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Evans have all turned out to be excellent purchases. All of which being under the 20 million mark too. Look at United, they’ve spent around four times that on players like Fred, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, that’s an example of poor recruitment. 

Whilst, we might feel an element of resentment towards the players tonight, recruitment has not been the issue whatsoever.

I have never said get rid before but his monotone media answers, his stupid little note book and silly little claps are really beginning to irritate me! Show some passion, fire the team up and stop humiliating yourselves! 

6 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Rodgers out.  Plain and simple .  Stop the rot .  Do not give him a war chest , get the Southampton Manager in .  Someone with some intellect and backbone .  This is not a overreaction .  We fans need to come together to get rid, before him and his goons do deep damage to Vichai’s legacy . 

The same Southampton we put 9 past 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mark said:

There were quite a few calls at half time suggesting Barnes on for Iheanacho because we hadn't put the game to bed..

He wasn’t having the best of games at all, however how many times at half time has there been an obvious sub be needed to make and he doesn’t make one. Then when we’re winning and there isn’t much of a sub needed, he changed it! Madness. 

Now is the time to really assess what we're about. With no fans in the ground there's no pressure from moaning, entitled fans, no barracking, no hostile, intimidating atmospheres at away grounds- they can get on and play football. We can rant away on here and on phone-ins but it's outside white noise- the club can ignore it.

Rodgers has been widely praised for his man-management, the training ground and atmosphere around it completely different to before. So have the players started to turn? Has Rodgers changed his ways and the players can't respond to it?

I don't want him sacked because another change brings upheaval, uncertainty, concern and I'm fed up of having a new bloke every 18 months. Our ability to spend will no doubt be restricted by the pandemic, we may lose a couple of big players and hopefully a lot of fringe players/ outcasts. Rodgers has a huge job for next season- if we end this season badly in the final four (including tonight) he needs to start well in September because recency bias will always work against you.

He's done some really good things in his time with us but goodwill doesn't, and shouldn't, last forever. Come on Brendan, drag yourself out of this and prove your qualities.

• Like 2

Just now, Hales said:

I have never said get rid before but his monotone media answers, his stupid little note book and silly little claps are really beginning to irritate me! Show some passion, fire the team up and stop humiliating yourselves! 

on the fence 50/50 kinda thing?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

is it possible rodgers has an issue with nacho? he was taken off in other recent game's as well when playing well.

only just realizing this? The bloke could have a cure for cancer and he'd still be hauled off for Barnes at half time/ 60mins.