Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It not about the sub for me but the mentally, we back of, play backwards at every opportunity, let them get into the game.

When we should have gone for the kill.

Soyuncu virtually ran into the back of the net for the second goal, instead of going to the player. 

I haven’t seen worse defending since Colin Hill, who used to regularly go backwards rather than risk the opposition player going passed him.

His defending today and sending off in the same few seconds ripped the game apart for us.

why he defended like that I really don’t know, it was shameful.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Many of us on here were questioning the mentality of the team in January after those Villa games, we were laughed at. The only positive I can think of, is that this will be like a Watford play off moment for the boys, and we'll come back next season determined, but it could easily go the other way.

Be a Wycombe or Watford. Players decide 

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't buy the 'players aren't good enough' argument. Look what Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche are doing with their respective squads

You get the best out of what you've got.

Whether it comes from someone (above the manager) within in the club  that we must play in this new passive style I don't know but it seems we're trying to play in a style that doesn't suit and never will suit the players we have here and we're going about it the wrong way, now I keep seeing this word 'transition', 'we're transitioning into a possession based team', well lets get the best out of what we have and transition whilst getting players in that can play that style effectively huh?

I coming up with the idea it must be coming from someone (above the manager) within the club because this has happened twice in a row now.

It seems we're signing players that suit our 'old' style but asking them to play in this 'new' style. Mixed messages.

Its not gonna work.

Many of us on here were questioning the mentality of the team in January after those Villa games, we were laughed at. The only positive I can think of, is that this will be like a Watford play off moment for the boys, and we'll come back next season determined, but it could easily go the other way.

that squad seemed genuinely invested in the club, we've got a lot of big time charlies who are already looking at the next destination and probably couldn't give a toss about us progressing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

That philosophy depends on where we finish. If we don't finish with CL football then we will lose out best players, not gain new ones. 

I’m not sure we do lose players. 

Top clubs watch games like today and realise certain players don’t have the mentality. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

As ruthless as I think Top is going to be as Chairman, I don't see him sacking Rodgers unless we fail to qualify for Europa League (which is highly unlikely). If I were Rodgers I'd start worrying around October, if this form remains.

It's worth remembering that Maddison, Chilwell and Pereira are all out and they were key for us in our good period earlier in the season. It's not really a valid excuse because obviously our squad depth should have been addressed in January, but is Rodgers solely to blame for that? 

Rodgers seems to me like the kind of manager that can't do anything wrong when we're in good form but can't do anything right when we're in poor form. I remember earlier in the season, his tactical tweaks and substitutions were exceptional. Now he looks inept.

I'm hoping the break at the end of the season gives him a chance to reflect and learn from his mistakes during our poor period, because there is a great manager in there I'm sure of it. With a few improvements to the squad and a summer of hard work, there is every chance we could come back stronger next season.

It's not like we've been 5th/6th all season, trying to get Europa League before collapsing back to 9th again, because I would get the "Rodgers Out" calls completely if that were the case. We've been 2nd/3rd all season and worst case scenario is looking like 5th or 6th. 

Perspective is always good. Yes, we may have blew a chance at Champions League but we have also broken the "Big 6" after finishing 12th, 9th & 9th consecutively. We have still made progress, and I think that is the way Top will see it.

He is matching Alan Pardew for being a streaky manager.

I thought coming back from the long break, with a comfortable lead despite our poor form, would see us kick on and look to go back to the attacking style that got us into 2nd before New Year. A point at Watford wasn't too bad given their home record under Pearson but the Brighton game was dreadful and tonight's last 30 minutes almost criminal.

Are they too comfortable? Too nervous? Not bothered? For all the comparisons with Puel, the big difference that has been spoken about endlessly is Rodgers man-management yet they've hardly looked like running through brick walls for him.

• Like 1

We were told when Puel was here that if we sacked him we'd end up with Sam Alladyce or Pardew. Getting a new manager won't be a problem, that's a weak argument against sacking. Not that I'm calling for Brendan's head.

• Like 2

To be honest he's got us in to the top 4/5 of the league and first half of the season we were immense so we need to give him credit and recognition for that. I hate the "x manager" out thing but today he's really p'ed me off by taking zero responsibility in his post match interview. Arrogant and delusional. Really has ticked me off more so than the match 

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

I just think he's up against good managers who outthink him in every game. 

If they don't outthink him he'll do the job for them like today and countless other occasions in 2020. 

No need to take Nacho off while the game is still in the balance. 

Its OK he's only up against Chris Wilder next 

We were lucky to have Pearson after the Watford game (and lets face it very lucky to even be in the playoffs). A cruel loss but was nothing like tonight's embarassment. It made us more determined. A game like that was 50/50. No offence to Bournemouth but even some of their fans might say they had no business winning that after 45 minutes.

Rodgers never recovered with Liverpool after the Palace disaster. Would love to be proved wrong but I've lost all confidence after tonight.

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm absolutely gutted by today's result and our recent form but I really think a sense of perspective is needed here.

He has done and is doing a good job. Rome wasn't built in a day and mentality is something that takes time to foster in a club, sometimes it takes a few years. Would be madness to bin him now when he's built something good.

Actually,  we were fairly well built until this twat arrived. He's built absolutely bugger all. He's added Perez, whoopeedo.