Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheff Utd (H) - Match Thread - 16/07/2020

Just now, honeybradger said:

Thought Thomas was quite sloppy every time ive seen him for the U21s as he is obviously very young. Could work out as a wingback but im very worried that he's not ready for the step up yet.

I'm glad hes using a youngster tbf. he could've chosen fuchs and look how defensive that side would've looked. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Don't see what Barnes has done to deseve a start but let's hope he delivers today, it's important he does.

Not sure why one of our most in form players (Iheanacho) isn't starting.

rodgers trying to justify his substitution - now way is perez in front of ian!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing he's only in because of Fuchs being out?

I'm all for it but given Chilwell's injury issue he should have been included in previous matches as a sub given we're allowed 9 now, but anyway 🤞

• Like 1

Rodgers making himself a hostage to fortune with this XI (and bench).

Let’s hope he knows what he’s doing because the selection doesn’t fill me with any confidence.

Guest ttfn
Just now, Hammo said:

Rodgers making himself a hostage to fortune with this XI (and bench).

Let’s hope he knows what he’s doing because the selection doesn’t fill me with any confidence.

I’ve been happy to give him a good kicking recently because he’s deserved it.

But what else is he supposed to do here apart from the blindingly obvious in picking Iheanacho. Other than that he’s not got many options. 

Just now, Stadt said:

Feel sorry for Thomas, we've been toss and under pressure for ages and now he's making his debut at wingback against a team that have brilliant at playing with wingbacks for about 4 years now. Even if he has a poor game it'll hardly be his fault 

This is why I don't understand why we are playing wingbacks. We don't have the team to be able to play this system well. Poor lad is gonna make his debut in such a high stakes game in such an important role in our system. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Feel sorry for Thomas, we've been toss and under pressure for ages and now he's making his debut at wingback against a team that have brilliant at playing with wingbacks for about 4 years now. Even if he has a poor game it'll hardly be his fault 

At the same time, what an opportunity for the lad. We've been poor lately, but this is a brilliant chance for the lad to show what he can do.

I mean at least Brendan is showing some steel. I’m fairly pleased he’s changed things up and excited to see Thomas start as don’t know much about him. Feel a bit sorry for Nacho but he can be a great sub. X