Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheff Utd (H) - Match Thread - 16/07/2020

That was a really decent half. I don't know if I'm just overcompensating because I was expecting so little but this really has been a good watch. Thomas has had a really decent first half I think - has used the ball very well.

Tielemans has also had another very good first half. I thought he did well at Bournemouth though.

Just keep it up. He needs shooting if he tries to shuffle this.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I like how he wears his shorts

African Man in High Pants | Know Your Meme

Obviously going to regret saying this, but despite the 'throwback' looks, Bennett's passing has been pretty crisp and accurate. 

Oh god, oh god

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

All this stuff about HT sub jokes - can we remember that Nacho was rubbish in the first half when BR subbed him off against B’mouth. He should have replaced him directly I agree with another fwd but it’s not as desperately stupid a decision as peeps are making out. The players simply didn’t react and press which made Vards look like a Skittle amongst Maltesers.

Rarely does one even win/lose a game, but that substitution (together with the system switch) principally changed the game. So, let’s please move on and quit making excuses for that momentous blunder.

Btw, even a “rubbish” Nacho contributed to our only goal and our stellar performance in the first half by doing enough to keep the pressure/focus off Vardy (and frankly keep the game ticking by dropping deep to pick up balls).

Edited by NaijaFox

Just now, NaijaFox said:

It (together with the system switch) changed the game. Please let’s move on and quit making excuses for that momentous blunder.

Btw, even a “rubbish” Nacho contributed to our only game and did enough to keep the pressure/focus off Vardy (and frankly keep the game ticking by dropping deep to pick up balls).

Yeah like I said, should have been replaced with a like for like fwd.

But - the players didn’t respond to the change of formation which exacerbated how the decision looked.