Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Harsh to assume but I will anyway.

I think he'll be happy to sacrifice a year of football for a big pay day in 9 months time

I tend to agree. its not like he is getting regular gametime anyway. Seeing out his contract earns him probably double what a championship side would pay him for the next year plus he can then go on a free with a decent signing on bonus. Even if he ends up taking a lower salary afterwards he is still going to bank something like an extra £2M than he would by moving to the championship now.  He doesn't even have to move in January, even if someone comes in for him. he will be free to sign a pre-agreement for the summer. The only chance that we get anything for him is if, in January a PL struggler or championship challenger is looking to strengthen and is prepared to offer him a decent wedge.

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

I tend to agree. its not like he is getting regular gametime anyway. Seeing out his contract earns him probably double what a championship side would pay him for the next year plus he can then go on a free with a decent signing on bonus. Even if he ends up taking a lower salary afterwards he is still going to bank something like an extra £2M than he would by moving to the championship now.  He doesn't even have to move in January, even if someone comes in for him. he will be free to sign a pre-agreement for the summer. The only chance that we get anything for him is if, in January a PL struggler or championship challenger is looking to strengthen and is prepared to offer him a decent wedge.

Yeah. His reputation will get him a prem move anyway. He's a PL winner with a few wonder goals to make a nice 'welcome to XXXX' video. He will do fine  financially and he and his agent will know that. Just wish we'd moved him on a few years ago.

If he is out of Europa League squad presume he is leaving. If he is staying then he is unlucky perhaps to be left out - apart from Barnes this year I'm not sure we have a clear choice of wingers. It would be better for the player and club if he gets a move rather than ending up with an unhappy player frozen out.

Last thing I'll say since my input is rarely appreciated ( ! ) but Gray and his team were not co-operative and simply did not want a move unless it was to a short list of clubs who frankly were never going to move for him.

Bit of a shame how his career here has ended, but you'd like to think he'll have a good look at himself and grasp his next opportunity with both hands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe he loans somewhere for a year, he gets to play and the loan club pay a little of his wages? (Championship or lower, but beggars can't be choosers)

DM and his advisers would have to take a huge climb down to do that; believe me.

I personally hope it happens as I think it would be good for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

DM and his advisers would have to take a huge climb down to do that; believe me.

Sounds quite a stand off, his stock must be plummeting whilst he misses out EL let alone EPL squads.

Does not sound like he has the best advisers, but obvious I am not in a position to comment  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

wonder how much is DG and how much his advisors.  he doesn't strike me as being the sharpest tool in the box ….. has he had a pay since since he got here ??  if not he wont be on much more than 30k/week.  his agent (and dimi)  will be on a big payday in comparison when he goes on a free next summer

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

wonder how much is DG and how much his advisors.  he doesn't strike me as being the sharpest tool in the box ….. has he had a pay since since he got here ??  if not he wont be on much more than 30k/week.  his agent (and dimi)  will be on a big payday in comparison when he goes on a free next summer

Yes signed a new deal towards the end of Shakespeares reign and the start of Puel's. He's on about 50k a week.

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If no one wants him now, why would they want him next season if he hasn’t played this season? Not as if he’s on high wages that no one else can afford, and doesn’t seem as if we want much for him.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If no one wants him now, why would they want him next season if he hasn’t played this season? Not as if he’s on high wages that no one else can afford, and doesn’t seem as if we want much for him.

He’s free, has prem experience and in his prime. A prem team would definitely take a punt on him. 

Really think his contract will run down and he'll get himself a nice signing on fee. My worry is we get injuries and he thinks to himself 'I'll put myself in the shop window' play out of his bloody skin for a month (for the first time in 4 and a half years), talk of Man United and Spurs being interested, so we offer him a new contract.

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Really think his contract will run down and he'll get himself a nice signing on fee. My worry is we get injuries and he thinks to himself 'I'll put myself in the shop window' play out of his bloody skin for a month (for the first time in 4 and a half years), talk of Man United and Spurs being interested, so we offer him a new contract.

he will get fa, he is craap

15 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Last thing I'll say since my input is rarely appreciated ( ! ) but Gray and his team were not co-operative and simply did not want a move unless it was to a short list of clubs who frankly were never going to move for him.

Bit of a shame how his career here has ended, but you'd like to think he'll have a good look at himself and grasp his next opportunity with both hands.

Hmmm, last thing.....

15 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Not doubting your input BTW.

• Haha 1

Sad that from how it appears, Gray's advisors have bigged him up to the point he believes all the hype. There's a decent player in there, it's a shame numerous coaches have been unable to get the best from him. We've had 2 coaches known for developing younger players, both have failed to get any consistency from Gray. Really thought he'd kick on from his showings last season. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I for one appreciate your input . 👍🥰

• Like 2