Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

12 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Anything around or above £6-10m would be a no brainer with one year left on his contract.

If Cantwell is available at £15m then he would be an obvious replacement - right footed but left sided (direct competition for Barnes) with Ünder and Pérez on the right, Albrighton as emergency cover either side or even wing-back. Cantwell could also at a push do Maddison's role in a 4-3-3 or similar, which would be ideal for depth in attacking midfield.

I think after Fofana, Gray moving on will be the only way we will make another move. Personally I'd be glad if it happens for the sake of both us and his career.

100% with regards to Cantwell being the replacement. I think Cantwell would be a great addition should we sell Dimi. It offers us great balance on both wings.

On the left wing you’ve got the option of being direct in Barnes, or the option to play the wide man more inside with Cantwell. The same applies on the right wing with Under being direct & Perez the inside option. 

Like you’ve stated too, signing Cantwell also offers competition to Madders for that No.10 spot. 

For £15m I think we would be silly not to go for the lad, as I honestly feel he would excel with us.

• Like 1

I think we should ask for £15-20 million but would not expect much more than £10-12 million and with 15% sell on clause I believe it will not leave a lot of money £10 million at best. We all know he can look like a much better player than these values suggest so if a coach  could unlock the consistency and final delivery they will get a bargain. Agree Cantwell would be an interesting addition or of course a forward but things would need to move quickly.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've always thought that if Gray couldn't develop after working under two of the best coaches in Europe for developing youngsters in Puel and Rodgers that he would never succeed anywhere. So surprising that another coach who is great at doing that in Bielsa is interested in him. Bielsa has even made Patrick Bamford look good so who knows, maybe he can get a tune out of Gray?

I can't see it myself though, look at players like Chilwell, Barnes, Soyuncu and Ndidi for how young players should be developing under a good coach. Gray's end product just isn't there.

It's his footballing brain for me. Just get the impression he is thick as shit, and the nearly getting his head cut off by the helicopter blades says it all for me (disclaimer: not fact checked it but it fits my narrative so I'm having it!) 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone come up with an impact sub we can get for less than £10m to play wide left or right? I've got a few names coming but you can't just rely on me for the good stuff.

Thing is, it's simply not our choice now. Can't begrudge him Tbf. If we'd have offered him a new contract it would have felt like a Matty james/Andy King scenario at the time. He hit form at the time it suited him financially (not suggesting a conspiracy theory but there's plenty about with covid so I'm sure some numpty will run with it.) 

It is what it is! Time for all parties to move on imo. 

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

100% with regards to Cantwell being the replacement. I think Cantwell would be a great addition should we sell Dimi. It offers us great balance on both wings.

On the left wing you’ve got the option of being direct in Barnes, or the option to play the wide man more inside with Cantwell. The same applies on the right wing with Under being direct & Perez the inside option. 

Like you’ve stated too, signing Cantwell also offers competition to Madders for that No.10 spot. 

For £15m I think we would be silly not to go for the lad, as I honestly feel he would excel with us.

I'm pretty sure I read that under is more the inside version. Perez just falling down the pecking order from what I can see, but hopefully moving more central in that backup role (although money back would be a masterstroke imo if we can replace with the sort of excitement we've seen this transfer window) 

The problem I see with Gray is he doesn’t seem to look up and if he does he dwells on his decision making too long. If he’s off form he doesn’t seem to put the extra running in that’s needed to Get in positions and regain his form. He is decent coming off the bench running at tired defenders because he gets the extra seconds to make those decisions but he’s had plenty of starts and I don’t think he’s ever going to improve. This is just my perception and like every Leicester fan I wanted the player that he could be, but at present if he wants starts I’m happy to see him go. Maybe a new team, new coach will give him the motivation to work on the things that’s lacking in his game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

If Brewster has gone to Sheff United for £23m we want a fair bit more than £10m for Gray!

Exactly . Hopefully the club have slightly more nous than posters on here who would pay someone to take him off our hands 

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Brewster is only 20 years old and had 3 years left on his contract, Gray has 8 months and he'll be a free agent.

Yes I get that . Does anyone know if Brewster is any good, though , or is he as shite as the other Liverpool fringe players like Solanke and Ibe who have been sold for bundles