Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Leeds did actually try for Gray but have moved on after the deal got complicated (no indication as to whether it was our asking price or Grays demands which made it complicated)

he holds all the cards- still on the payroll whilst he runs his contract down and gets a big sign on fee at his next club- he's not going to make it easy . 

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

B'ham would want him sold for a decent fee as I believe they have a sell on clause? 

Not too sure if they do as we paid a release clause to sign him didn’t we? Unless they somehow managed to make a sell on fee as part of the clause

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Not too sure if they do as we paid a release clause to sign him didn’t we? Unless they somehow managed to make a sell on fee as part of the clause

The release clause for Gray was a bit strange if I remember rightly. There was some conflicting reports on it in the months leading up to the January window so it might have been that there was a mandatory sell on clause in there, even 5 years ago £3.75m release clause for a highly sought after young English player was very low.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The release clause for Gray was a bit strange if I remember rightly. There was some conflicting reports on it in the months leading up to the January window so it might have been that there was a mandatory sell on clause in there, even 5 years ago £3.75m release clause for a highly sought after young English player was very low.

With a release that low and possibility of a sell on fee it makes me think that it will be a % of the whole fee, rather than from the profit, could be a couple million in it for Birmingham 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Leeds did actually try for Gray but have moved on after the deal got complicated (no indication as to whether it was our asking price or Grays demands which made it complicated)

Or Gray was used as a smokescreen to get the deal foe Raphinha over the line :dunno:

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

rodgers said we had had no interest in him

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Complications? 

He got in his car, joined the M1, cruising in the fast lane until he hit traffic. Switched lanes a few time, turned into a dead-end, and ended up in Hull.

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Demi - I remember the goal at Man U in 2016 and the goal against Derby in Extra time in the FA Cup that season. A few diamonds in his time. 

One against Cardiff after Vichai died with stay will me forever.

A real shame it's come to this, but he's had too many chances.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Failing to get another striker in will come and bite us this season should Vardy get injured. It’s been plain for over a year now. 

I disagree. Who could we get who is better than Nacho who wants to sit on our bench? And would it be worth paying whatever they'd cost? I think we have/have had bigger priorities.

• Like 2