Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

Just seen that.

Mixed feelings. He'll purely be backup and isn't there to improve the squad. He's had a good chunk of opportunities here and hasn't really filled his potential, for me.

Depends how much they offer because we'll need him for European games. 

37 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Ha, Spurs think that will rattle us in the next game then.

It's literally this. How many key/big games have we had where we have one of our players 'linked' and then they either play poorly or come off the boil. Whilst Gray isn't a key player he has made an impact here or there, and we will be reliant on him to either come on as a power sub, or possibly play ahead of Barnes for this game.

Very Mourinho this.

• Like 2

His role here, unless he makes a massive leap out of nowhere in terms of game intelligence and consistency, is that of an impact sub against tiring legs.

If someone were to offer £15m+ it'd have to be seriously considered.

Having said that, he should be ahead of Albrighton in the pecking order, so unless we're going to sign 2 wide players in the summer, i'd keep him around.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Surprise surprise Leicester player gets linked to next opponent (again). 

If Chilwell or Madison were fit it would've been about them. 

Spot on. Found one of the only other people on here that understands how it works.

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly want ‘wonderful talent’ who ‘can do everything’

By

Francis Johnston

-

July 17, 2020

Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Demarai Gray from Leicester City in the summer transfer window, according to The Times.

Gray is in the final year of his contract at Leicester, and that has attracted the interest of Spurs, who will have limited funds to spend this summer, according to the report.

Stats

Gray has been on the books of Leicester since January 2016 when he joined from Birmingham City for a transfer fee reported by The Guardian to be worth £3.75 million.

Much was expected of the 24-year-old when he arrived at the King Power Stadium, but the winger has failed to live up to expectations and is not guaranteed a place in the starting lineup.

According to WhoScored, the former England Under-21 international winger has made three starts and 16 substitute appearances in the Premier League for the Foxes this season, scoring two goals and providing three assists in the process.

During the 2018-19 campaign, the 24-year-old made 23 starts and 11 substitute appearances in the league for the Foxes, scoring four goals and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers described Gray as a player who has “got wonderful talent” and who “can dribble, he can do everything”, as quoted in The Leicester Mercury in June 2020.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/tottenham-hotspur-reportedly-want-wonderful-talent-who-can-do-everything/

Grays done great the past few games he’s come on for us... I think 2 assists and a goal. As a player would I be happy in that role, I think I would but only if I knew I was using the appearances to break into the starting 11.

i wonder where his head is at, wonder if he’s just waiting for another club to come along or has that belief he’ll break in... interesting that Madders said in his tweet he’s been working really hard. Fingers crossed for the lad 🤞🏻

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Feels like a plant of a story that by his agent to strengthen his client's bargaining power with respect a new contract.Gray would struggle to make the Spurs bench imo.

Shows how stupid his Agent is...!!

Choice & chance of playing in CL or EUL..!!! Only Leicester have a Crack at CL...

But I suppose it was a North London immature & Bias Times reporter...

Dimmi is such a weird one. Anytime I speak to fans of other clubs, hes always a name that comes up as one of our better players. He massively flatters to deceive anyone outside of Leicester always just doing enough to look like a real gem to anyone not paying close enough attention. 

• Like 1

Amazing what a goal can do for you!

I'd be in favour of keeping him, he is a useful squad player and our squad is relatively small as it is, it's going to be stretched to the max next season too with European football.

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Surprise surprise Leicester player gets linked to next opponent (again). 

If Chilwell or Madison were fit it would've been about them. 

Chilwell or Maddison to Spurs? Even Mourinho isn’t deluded enough to think that would rattle anyone. Spurs are pony.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure how I'd feel if it was a Spurs fan seeing a link like this.

He's done well since the restart but a reasonable fee and i'd cash in.

Im not sure anymore. I know I have a bit of hope when he comes on. If we are replacing him as a squad player, the alrernatives could be more on the Ghezzal level

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Dimmi is such a weird one. Anytime I speak to fans of other clubs, hes always a name that comes up as one of our better players. He massively flatters to deceive anyone outside of Leicester always just doing enough to look like a real gem to anyone not paying close enough attention. 

Not sure it's 'close' attention as much as 'prolonged' attention that exposes his weaknesses.

Highlights generally flatter attacking players anyway, but even if you watched 15-20 minutes of one of our games you'd be likely to come away thinking he's some player. Let's face it, everything 'looks' right (plus, suitably 'showy') when he's near a football. If you didn't see him in a position to make a killer pass, you wouldn't know that more often than not he take the wrong option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...