Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not sure why everyone is so keen to cut a rival a deal. 

contract or not we want to avoid helping improve competitors 

He's leaving to whoever in a year for free. Given what we've seen of him we'd be sensible to get what we can for him

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I see your point, but we have to help ourselves first and foremost.

We can get a decent fee and save the rest of the wages of a fringe player now, or see him walk away for nothing next summer.

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

How are we cutting them a deal? I assume we will push for as much as possible but with players who's contracts are expiring the power lies with the player and buyer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

As much as we don't want to get big headed about Leicester, we are dining at different tables currently. Selling them Gray won't have any impact on our season. 

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 3

I would hope that Gray is good enough to command a 13-15 million fee.  If he had 3 years left on his contract,  I would be happy to keep him.  He is talented.  Synthesis with the right coach would see him be an asset.  Unfortunately for him, as we have seen, the right coach is a tough find for him.  

51 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

As much as we don't want to get big headed about Leicester, we are dining at different tables currently. Selling them Gray won't have any impact on our season. 

You’ve got it wrong there mate, selling them Gray would very much improve our season!

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

The problem I see with Gray is he doesn’t seem to look up and if he does he dwells on his decision making too long. If he’s off form he doesn’t seem to put the extra running in that’s needed to Get in positions and regain his form. He is decent coming off the bench running at tired defenders because he gets the extra seconds to make those decisions but he’s had plenty of starts and I don’t think he’s ever going to improve. This is just my perception and like every Leicester fan I wanted the player that he could be, but at present if he wants starts I’m happy to see him go. Maybe a new team, new coach will give him the motivation to work on the things that’s lacking in his game.

Exactly this, I see him as being of the same mentality as Schlupp, good solid squad player who overthinks and is not decisive enough

their best moments come when they seemingly just react on instincts 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think most people would agree his time is probably done here. Any decent fee and a potential upgrade in the squad is sensible for us as he is the last year of his contact. 

I have a feeling it may well work out well if he picks the right club. He needs to play week in week out at this stage of his career, he won’t get the game time here now.

• Like 1

I know it sounds petty but I get the same feelings about Leeds as I did about Wolves. Would prefer him to go to a different side in the prem if possible. 

He's absolutely not good enough to start games but he is a great option from the bench for a club and its the type of player that would cement your place in the league. 

Right now the fight for the top 7 is going to be as hard as ever and i think its really between ourselves, Everton, Wolves, Leeds & controversially Aston Villa. Hopefully we can keep up the good start and some of these turn out to be weaker than im expecting. 

Of course I realise that other clubs from the traditional top 6 are likely to be closer to our pack than the top 2 as well.  The league is an odd one, the top 11/ 12 are as strong as ever but theres also some really poor sides. 

Any way, in summary im not  that comfortable with him going to Leeds. Cant we just get Sampadoria back on the blower?

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

Yes I get that . Does anyone know if Brewster is any good, though , or is he as shite as the other Liverpool fringe players like Solanke and Ibe who have been sold for bundles 

Does anyone know if Gray is any good?

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Not really helping improve competitors when we are losing a player that isnt really that good. If the money made from this sale helps us bring in another player to improve our squad then so be it. We cant keep players that are of no use to us just because a competitor wants them or we will just end up with a squad full of players that are not quite good enough for the level we are at now. 

13 hours ago, surrifox said:

Yes I get that . Does anyone know if Brewster is any good, though , or is he as shite as the other Liverpool fringe players like Solanke and Ibe who have been sold for bundles 

Saw him play on loan at Swansea a bit last year and he looked incredible, looked very dangerous and scored some cracking goals.

The big question mark is how easily he can transition to the prem. I certainly think he will but it's a matter of how quickly. He's certainly no Dom solanke that's for sure.

Would be happy for him to move on for his sake, and ours. 

Vardys 2nd goal last week came from a great pick out from Castagne. 

I'm not sure, in the past, that Gray or Chilwell wouldn't have missed Vards or crashed it into the side netting. 

Friends of mine, seem to be of the opinion that Gray is really good, but they don't watch him every week. 

Every clubs got a player or 2 that rival fans seem to like, but they're not bothered about them. 

I wish him well, if he does go👍

• Like 1

Why, oh why, did we not sell him to Bournemouth back in 2017. Certainly won't be getting any offers close to the £25 million that they wanted to give us, especially now he is nearing the end of his contract.

Another needs to jump in within the next few days or we will lose him for nothing. Bit of bad business there by the club.

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Why, oh why, did we not sell him to Bournemouth back in 2017. Certainly won't be getting any offers close to the £25 million that they wanted to give us, especially now he is nearing the end of his contract.

Another needs to jump in within the next few days or we will lose him for nothing. Bit of bad business there by the club.

I don't see so much as bad business, but spending a relatively small sum on a decent prospect that hasn't come to fruition. For what we paid, he's had his moments of class, but for some reason, he fails to perform on a consistent basis. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I don't see so much as bad business, but spending a relatively small sum on a decent prospect that hasn't come to fruition. For what we paid, he's had his moments of class, but for some reason, he fails to perform on a consistent basis. 

If Gray would be Happy to stay...with some Promised game & Bench time,I would Keep him...

We will have a heavy load Running up to Christmas...I want Barnes to Play "his role" for city...

So as I see it...we have Under/Albrighton/Gray then only Vardy/Nacho/Ayrez...Any injuries, or rotation needs,our Front five would look somewhat  sparse....

For a team wanting to compete in 3 competitions, IMO we should look to Keep Gray.

obviously if club, team-Rodgers, believe we have 1-3 System Set ups, without needing players...xxx ,then that also fine by me

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1