Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

5 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

I’m amazed there’s so little interest in him. I’d always thought he was one of them players that the opposition tended to think more of than what we did.  

Opposition fans who have barely seen him play aren’t really a yardstick to use. You’d imagine any potential suitor would conduct due diligence before spending over £10m on a player who has largely failed to deliver in the past few years.   

11 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Or Swansea! Unfortunately, I can't see Gray wanting to go to any of those places! 

Hmm I think any professional would rather go there and play than sit on the bench. His stock won’t rise without any football. 

As long as his wages are at the same level. If we subsidized I don’t see why this couldn’t work. 

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Forest have had a bid rejected for knockaert. Perhaps we could send dimi their way instead 

Feel kind of sorry for knockhaert, he either gets promoted with a team and gets relegated, or gets promoted then sold back to the championship.

2 hours ago, sdb said:

He's too good for Championship and way too expensive. He wouldn't go, which is a shame as we could pick up some seriously good players in exchange otherwise.

He isn't too good for the Championship.

There are players in the Championship who have shown more than he has over the last 4 years. Not sure what he's done to actually make people think he's a better players than some of the wingers down there that have worked hard and achieved something. 

The Brentford wingers put this lad to shame.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

He isn't too good for the Championship.

There are players in the Championship who have shown more than he has over the last 4 years. Not sure what he's done to actually make people think he's a better players than some of the wingers down there that have worked hard and achieved something. 

The Brentford wingers put this lad to shame.

Yes they're too good for the championship as well. Gray was too good for that league 5 years ago. He's played over 100 PL games since then, and won a league. 

I don't rate him either but it's silly to say he isn't good enough for PL football. 

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I wish he'd proved that notion during the 4 years hes been here.

As a starter, he rarely impressed. But if you think back to Christmas last year he won us a few matches as a sub. He’s a great Premier League player as a sub. And would be an amazing starter for any Championship club. But that’s the level he’s stuck at. He’d be better off playing for a lower Prem club to improve himself as a starter. But swapping Leicester for a possible relegation target can’t be an easy choice. And Christ it sounds weird not classifying us as a relegation target.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 06:57, NewquayFox said:

Surely Gray has to be used as a makeweight in a deal for a player from the Championship before that window closes, Brentford, Norwich & Bournemouth all have players we have shown an interest in... 

Why would Gray agree to that. Best to sit on his arse here, not risk injury and await the end of his contract for sound financial reasons. Why potentially demean himself. He'll not be short of suitors.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

As a starter, he rarely impressed. But if you think back to Christmas last year he won us a few matches as a sub. He’s a great Premier League player as a sub. And would be an amazing starter for any Championship club. But that’s the level he’s stuck at. He’d be better off playing for a lower Prem club to improve himself as a starter. But swapping Leicester for a possible relegation target can’t be an easy choice. And Christ it sounds weird not classifying us as a relegation target.

I agree with this.

He's come on in a number of games and really given us something extra and helped us break down an opponent, but as a starter he's never really impressed.

I think as said at the top of the page, his decision making lets him down. He has the physical attributes and skills but rarely seems to pic the best option available and I think that's his greatest fault. Shame, really. Hopefully if he does leave at the end of the season he can kick on somewhere else. 

I do feel that if he were to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond he would perhaps benefit from the situation. Going in somewhere where he could really make a difference, where he would perhaps get a bit more attention and coaching, he might become more a focal point.

Anybody who steps out from a helicopter and walks towards the tail rotor is clearly lacking a bit of nous. 

He doesn't mark me down as being intelligent which is probably the problem - it factors into his ability to play intelligently - thats the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

or perhaps he wasn't sufficiently briefed on how to exit a helicopter?

or perhaps he was a little disorientated when he exited the helicopter due to the flights motion?

or perhaps he has a mild phobia of flying?

or perhaps he was joking?

or perhaps he's a genius and struggles with routine formulaic logic?

or perhaps it was a just a daft mistake?

Since when has a players intelligence off the pitch and on the pitch been directly equated?

This is why EA Sports do not add IQ levels to their game stats.

This is why there is no PFA Cleverest Footballer of the Year award. 

As far as I'm aware, the default opinion of football fans regarding football players is that they're "thick as pig s**t", unless of course they speak like Patrick Bamford, then there's some suspicion. 

Are you aware of the intelligence levels of Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe? do their IQ's mirror their intellect on the pitch?

The accusations of Demarai Gray's off-field intelligence levels are boring, baseless and discriminatory, let it be, please.

Good post: Gazza, Maradona, Suarez etc not considered to be massively intelligent in the conventional sense could all play a bit on their day! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

or perhaps he wasn't sufficiently briefed on how to exit a helicopter?

or perhaps he was a little disorientated when he exited the helicopter due to the flights motion?

or perhaps he has a mild phobia of flying?

or perhaps he was joking?

or perhaps he's a genius and struggles with routine formulaic logic?

or perhaps it was a just a daft mistake?

Since when has a players intelligence off the pitch and on the pitch been directly equated?

This is why EA Sports do not add IQ levels to their game stats.

This is why there is no PFA Cleverest Footballer of the Year award. 

As far as I'm aware, the default opinion of football fans regarding football players is that they're "thick as pig s**t", unless of course they speak like Patrick Bamford, then there's some suspicion. 

Are you aware of the intelligence levels of Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe? do their IQ's mirror their intellect on the pitch?

The accusations of Demarai Gray's off-field intelligence levels are boring, baseless and discriminatory, let it be, please.

Sorry but any one departing a helicopter which everyone knows has two sets of rotating  blades whilst being on your phone shows a complete lack of common sense  briefed  or not briefed . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Sorry but any one departing a helicopter which everyone knows has two sets of rotating  blades whilst being on your phone shows a complete lack of common sense  briefed  or not briefed . 

You're absolutely correct, it's not ideal. 

He wasn't on his phone, that's a little sunsationalised', he was holding his phone. 

When I first saw it, I thought "what a tool' obviously, as I'm sure just like everyone else did, but I wouldn't use it as a foundation to discredit his intelligence for the rest of eternity.

This event happened in 2016, he was 19, n n n n n n n n 19. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

You're absolutely correct, it's not ideal. 

He wasn't on his phone, that's a little sunsationalised', he was holding his phone. 

When I first saw it, I thought "what a tool' obviously, as I'm sure just like everyone else did, but I wouldn't use it as a foundation to discredit his intelligence for the rest of eternity.

This event happened in 2016, he was 19, n n n n n n n n 19. 

There are other things not just that, like filming himself breathing in nitrous oxide from a balloon and if that  wasn’t enough he then posted it on social media  after losing a game on boxing day hardly the actions of a rocket scientist. Actions like these two and his actions on the pitch isn’t going to help with people thinking he’s a little bit thick regardless if he is or not . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1