Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

21 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Rodgers is too nice. He needs to become more of a **** if hes ever going to be a success. You very rarely get anywhere being nice. That's why he flops on all the big games, too much respect. Sometimes you have to be an arrogant shit. 

I agree with this and @Ric Flair I wish Rodgers was more of a bellend sometimes. If it was me I’d even throw in a fake scandal like Flair said, Brendan should say he’s seen Olly slipping into his daughters DM’s, and then accidentally call them Manchestvar United.... and then say Vardy is coming for Maguire, and he didn’t look good on that unicorn. 

• Haha 1

When you just say ‘1 win and we’re in’ it seems completely realistic. In reality though , it would take something sensational .

Lets be honest, beating Utd who haven’t lost in the league since Bruno Fernandes was signed will be incredibly difficult.

I could see Wolves drawing at the Bridge but it’s highly unlikely they will lose at home.

If we were to qualify from here, It would be the 2nd most unbelievable day in the clubs history!

- We have to play at 110%, every single player!

- We will need to break down a tough defence with a team that doesn’t create an awful lot.

- If we are somehow winning going into the latter stages, we will need to defend ridiculously good, every second their movement will cause problems and all 11 of our team will have to maintain  100% concentration, heart, commitment and physical capacity to keep up with probably one of the best front lines currently in the world.

All this with terrible form for 7 months and a defence consisting of:

- A 36 year old guy whose barely played in over a year and probably not even match fit yet.

- a youth kid who will be playing only his 3rd Premier league game.

- A Young defender whose come up from league 1 standard expecting to replace probably one of the top 5 RBs in world football.

If you told me we were 1-0 up in the 85th minute, I’d still think we’re 50/50 to make it, so make no mistake about it, its going to take an absolute miracle and a heroic effort to actually beat Utd. We will probably need to play at 110% and still get lucky in some situations and probably score out of a few half chances. Everything will need to go absolutely perfectly beyond any reasonable natural curve.

Edited by deanolegend1989

Sorry to be that guy, but so many confident predictions of results (ours and others') have been pretty wrong consistently, so forgive me if I take no notice of more confident predictions.

If there's ever a season for the unpredictable, it's this one. Anything is possible now.

• Like 4

I hope Top is doing the team talk over zoom rather then Rodgers 

I picture Rodgers pre-match chat to be along the lines of
"Don't worry how you play today, I've done amazingly well to get you lot even close to 4th, so there's no real pressure for us to win today. Let's face it, man for man you don't deserve to be anywhere near the top end of the table and you're lucky that you've got a managerial genius like me in charge to make you look better than you actually are. Just don't embarrass me out there again, that's all I ask."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Only for VAR to rule it was offside, Maguires head explodes and Vards runs up the pitch 

De Gea rushes out and slips. Vards stops the ball on the line,he gets down on all fours, and nods the ball over the line. He celebrates by pulling his shorts down to reveal at Forest pendant hanging out his arse, which Harvey sets fire to.OGS loses it! Big Wes decks him and announces his retirement, placing him in the Foxes hall of legends for ever.

495p9y.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bert said:

I wonder if we might go like this 

Kasper 

Justin 

Morgan

Evans 

Hamza

N’Didi

Tielemans

Thomas

Perez

Vardy

Barnes 

Either way, not scared of them on the basis of their last two performances. We can beat them. Ignore the scoreline from the Tottenham game, we have been the better side in our last two games we have played. We have a very good record at home. Let’s be positive, go for the win. We can’t rely on getting a draw in the hope Chelsea lose. 

:appl:

F U C K it go all out. I'd much rather we fail to get CL whilst showing passion and actually wanting to win the game than siting back for 90 minutes and trying to scrape a 1-0 win. 

Edited by LCFCJ

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Rodgers is too nice. He needs to become more of a **** if hes ever going to be a success. You very rarely get anywhere being nice. That's why he flops on all the big games, too much respect. Sometimes you have to be an arrogant shit. 

I don't think he's so much nice as obsessed with being seen as nice.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I hope Top is doing the team talk over zoom rather then Rodgers 

I picture Rodgers pre-match chat to be along the lines of
"Don't worry how you play today, I've done amazingly well to get you lot even close to 4th, so there's no real pressure for us to win today. Let's face it, man for man you don't deserve to be anywhere near the top end of the table and you're lucky that you've got a managerial genius like me in charge to make you look better than you actually are. Just don't embarrass me out there again, that's all I ask."

Couldn't agree more, this is how half the people on here would give a team talk.

"Don't worry, we are lucky to be 5th, yes we let a 14pt cushion slip, however, we've surpassed our expectations this season, so just go out and do your best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Having just looked at some United fans' reactions post their match to West Ham, I'm suddenly filled with a small amount of hope where before there was none. They're apparently dead on their feet, all their players are very tired. If Pogba and Fernandes are ineffectual, that's a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

They look beatable, for sure.

Dead on their feet is an over-reaction though - they were still putting good moves together all game and we'll have to be on the top of our game to nullify their attacking threat.

• Like 1

Martin Atkinson will be referee for United’s trip to Leicester City, while Paul Tierney will be in charge of VAR.

Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Oliver Langford. Replacement official: Robert Merchant. Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup.

This has to be a counter attacking master class from our perspective.

Rodgers needs to earn his bread here, if we go up against these the same way we did against Spurs we’ll get slaughtered. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial attacking against a high line of Evans and Morgan makes me feel sick. 

Let Utd play in front of us, they are knackered make it hard and not easy for them. Vardy will get change out of Maguire and De Gea given half a chance. If we as fans can see this then certainly Rodgers can?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

This has to be a counter attacking master class from our perspective.

Rodgers needs to earn his bread here, if we go up against these the same way we did against Spurs we’ll get slaughtered. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial attacking against a high line of Evans and Morgan makes me feel sick. 

Let Utd play in front of us, they are knackered make it hard and not easy for them. Vardy will get change out of Maguire and De Gea given half a chance. If we as fans can see this then certainly Rodgers can?

This is true. he cannot influence the recovery of our  key players or do anything but deploy the players he has available to greatest effect against a side which on paper looks superior to ours in most areas. If however, he comes up second best in the tactical battle with OGS the club can expect a strongly worded letter ! :angry: 

17 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is true. he cannot influence the recovery of our  key players or do anything but deploy the players he has available to greatest effect against a side which on paper looks superior to ours in most areas. If however, he comes up second best in the tactical battle with OGS the club can expect a strongly worded letter ! :angry: 

Regardless of your sarcasm the point is that Rodgers has to get this tactically right, something he has failed to do on multiple occasions this season when the pressure is on. Even with Injuries he hasn’t adapted the style of play, formation changes aside its still the same old style which has been sussed out. 

The problem is that being perfectly fine with a draw, there's no reason for United to indulge us by allowing us to sit back and hit them on the counter.  It could indeed be an odd, stilted sort of game unless and until it gets to the hour mark and the results from Stamford Bridge show we need the win.