Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

22 points would be sensational. 18 will do it though IMO

Slow day studying on my masters today, got a spreadsheet up and all sorts.

First time we've gone ahead on points of last season this week since fixture round 8. From the last 10 games last year we got 9 points (beating Palace, Sheffield Utd, drawing against Watford, Brighton and Arsenal). Surely we can do better than that this year.

As a comparison I'm the title winning season we had 4 more points but had won as many games as we had this year, 4 more draws and only 3 losses.

• Like 2

Man City looked the least energetic or creative I have seen them for some time. They also looked quite desperate towards the end. Don't think they'll slump badly but they may start dropping points. 

Man United did a job. Neville over egged the pudding in his praise but they looked composed and confident. Had that shot where Man City hit the bar gone in, suspect it would have been very different result. 

We can beat both with a full, firing team. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I actually meant rubbish to watch... not in terms of ability, I can see why some have misinterpreted what I put though lol 

Sorry, I’m being a pedant anyway. Yeah I don’t like them at all and I do think they’ve been fortunate but they’re a very good side unfortunately. 

So Man U just won their cup final. Big deal. Yes the media hype around them is nauseating. Yes they whine, complain and con referees to shit-house results. Yes they have the luxury of being able to rely on an abundance of penalties, some of them dubious to say the least. But,.given their enormous resources, they are massively underachieving. With a fully fit squad.IMO we are the better team. Let's hope we get the chance to prove it when we come to play them in the cup, but more likely, and more importantly, in the league.

• Like 1

To expand a little; Man United will have good and bad days. They are strong when good and always manage to salvage something when they are poor.

Chelsea I predict will go from strength to strength (as long as they don't have the sort of injury crisis we have, since actually, I'm not convinced their squad overall is hugely strong/suited to Tuchel. I do think Chelsea will be a real force next year if Tuchel can get a few of their recent investments bedded in.

I think we'll do alright and have enough comfortably to see off the threat from any of the other pretenders; but I'm not saying there won't be doubts and tough moments; just that I can't see any of the chasing pack putting together an immense run. Everton are the ones who could potentially spoil the party, but I can equally see them tailing off.

I suspect Chelsea might pip United to second.

Man City

Chelsea

Man United 

Us

OR swap us with United; possibly.

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah, not for me. Think it was @Manwell Pablo or @Koke said earlier. He's stat-padded a lot recently with an assist or goal here and they. I don't see an influence on the game like you do Gundogan for recent Man City games.

You can have an influence from the spot by scoring of course, I don't deny that, but would need more in my opinion. 

Yeah that was me. Bruno Fernandes is on free kicks and penalties. He's a decent player but not world class or any of that nonsense. He stat pads A LOT. His passing is poor and he goes missing in big games.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yeah that was me. Bruno Fernandes is on free kicks and penalties. He's a decent player but not world class or any of that nonsense. He stat pads A LOT. His passing is poor and he goes missing in big games.

I’ve said it before but I’m not convinced that Man Utd would be worse off without fernandes. His general play is so poor he concedes possession a lot and stops a lot of dangerous moves. I wonder whether he’s actually doing more harm than good a lot of the time.

Fernandes can be pressed out of the game quite easily. He’s not world class and gets a lot more hype than he’s actually worth. Unpopular opinion but it’s the same for VVD.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

I’ve said it before but I’m not convinced that Man Utd would be worse off without fernandes. His general play is so poor he concedes possession a lot and stops a lot of dangerous moves. I wonder whether he’s actually doing more harm than good a lot of the time.

There's definitely a case to be made about that. His general play isn't very good and his passing is poor + he gives the ball away a lot. If Fernandes doesn't assist or score he doesn't have a "good" game. He just wanders around.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

To expand a little; Man United will have good and bad days. They are strong when good and always manage to salvage something when they are poor.

Chelsea I predict will go from strength to strength (as long as they don't have the sort of injury crisis we have, since actually, I'm not convinced their squad overall is hugely strong/suited to Tuchel. I do think Chelsea will be a real force next year if Tuchel can get a few of their recent investments bedded in.

I think we'll do alright and have enough comfortably to see off the threat from any of the other pretenders; but I'm not saying there won't be doubts and tough moments; just that I can't see any of the chasing pack putting together an immense run. Everton are the ones who could potentially spoil the party, but I can equally see them tailing off.

I suspect Chelsea might pip United to second.

Man City

Chelsea

Man United 

Us

OR swap us with United; possibly.

All conjecture, shall we just wait and see.

Edited by David Hankey

1 minute ago, onekeithweller said:

Seems to have bottomless pockets when it comes to buying freekicks.

He certainly does, he becomes increasingly unlikable as time goes on