Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know what the general opinion is but I think Raheem Sterling is massively overrated. 

Nah. He's having a poor, injury-laden season compared to usual. But the 3 seasons before this one he was superb.

• Like 1

ManC have run out of ideas. This should probably be 3-0 to ManU. I get that this type of game is perfect for ManU's counter-attacking strategy, the goal up so early puts it in their hands. But ManC haven't done enough. Doesn't help that they can get enough players in the box even when they are attacking. De Bruyne has felt awol most of the game. And why hasn't Pep brought on Foden, is he injured?

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Gabriel Jesus must be the most out of place player in the league. I mean he's not shit, he's clearly a top flight footballer. 

But he's nowhere near the ability of the rest of the Man City attack. 

A good excuse for the owners to throw money at Haaland

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Nah. He's having a poor, injury-laden season compared to usual. But the 3 seasons before this one he was superb.

Nah. Flat track bully. Rarely performs in the big games. Massively overrated 

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Tbf this is the blueprint for beating Man City. Sit deep and hit them with fast breaks. Surprised they haven't played Walker in this as he bails them out a lot against teams with fast forwards.

Blueprint for beating anyone these days it seems. To beat a counter attack sides - don't commit and counter them back. To beat possession based teams - win the ball back deep and counter.  To beat physical sides - exploit their lack of pace and get down them at the flanks using space on the counter. Soon nobody will bother attacking anymore unless they are facing a defence that isn't set. Hope some tactical genius can come up with a system that renders the 'counter attacking low block' null and void, just like they did with tiki taka.

It's a bit weird that Ole has a bit of a block on Pep, especially in away games. Being the underdog clearly suits this Man Utd team. Bodes well for our game against Man city, they can still get done on the counter with Rodri has the sole defensive midfielder.