Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

They've scored 2 goals in 8 home games. Only Jota from the forward line (including Origi and Shaqiri) has been unavailable.

I just wonder if the players have felt they've done enough in the past two years? There's no doubt our players lost their edge after the title win (and this lot have been very impressive in going again after the end to last season and the disruption to this).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They also bought two new ones in January who don't play. I get Kabak was awful though. Davies however is surely good enough to do a job.

Davies injured. Not sure Kabak is awful though but apparently he didn't turn up 100% fit either!

Liverpool are an absolute disgrace but they only have themselves to blame, their lack of recruitment in recent years was always going to cost them dear. I'd not have expected this to happen but they were never going to build a long term dynasty without being prepared to continually invest and evolve. There was an excellent article written early in to this season explaining why Liverpool will now drop off after the last few seasons taking their toll and they have been absolutely right.

I don't see how he sticks around for much more, he'll possibly start next season but I think he's gone within a year and Liverpool will be facing a crisis on where to go next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually very happy how the day has gone. Liverpool losing at home to Fulham is massive for us, we're now 10pts clear of them with 10 to play, the only way they catch us is if they have a phenomenal run in or we drop the ball.

Man Utd winning wasn't great but chances are it might be irrelevant as they're hot favourites for a top four finish outside Man City.

Tottenham winning isn't great either but it was a game they were expected to win.

If i was offered these set of results before the start of today I would definitely have took it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Davies injured. Not sure Kabak is awful though but apparently he didn't turn up 100% fit either!

Fair enough. Just seems like Klopp is making some odd decisions. I mean the team he put out today was odd to say the least. It was like he wasn't taken Fulham seriously despite Liverpool awful form. 

Much was made of Liverpool's wait for the league title but that also masked a very poor trophy return in the past 20 years. Since winning that cup treble in 2001, through to the Champions League win in 2019, they won one Champions League, one FA Cup and two League Cups. For a club of their stature and expenditure, that's a dreadful amount.

None of these players were serial winners at Liverpool and maybe they don't have the experience to keep doing it.

One of Ferguson's biggest achievements was ending the title drought and doing it repeatedly whilst also tallying domestic cup honours.

• Like 2

I think the psychological effect of getting beaten at home a couple of times, both on them and on potential opponents, should not be underestimated. Think back (if you are willing) to Hull away, 2016.... I think that really did a lot of damage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think the psychological effect of getting beaten at home a couple of times, both on them and on potential opponents, should not be underestimated. Think back (if you are willing) to Hull away, 2016.... I think that really did a lot of damage.

Yes, that Hull defeat did me a lot of psychological harm and I would be surprised if it didn't have the same effect on the squad. :)

54 minutes ago, Corky said:

I just wonder if the players have felt they've done enough in the past two years? There's no doubt our players lost their edge after the title win (and this lot have been very impressive in going again after the end to last season and the disruption to this).

Roy Keane made this point a few weeks ago and I think he was right. This was a chance for them to dominate and not just settle for one league title.

They've fvcked it, really. Worse than when how we finished when you compare the stature of each club. The players have achieved what they set out to do in winning the CL and PL, but none of them seem to want to win it again and again.

He said this is why they shouldn't be in the mix for discussions about greatest teams - others in that mix dominated for more than just 1-2 seasons and had longer period of success/challenging for titles. 

I'm inclined to agree with him. 

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Hilarious that Liverpool's insufferable fans were denied seeing the trophy lift. Hahaha. 

That is my absolute favourite thing about it. All that time waiting for it, and they never got to see it at Anfield. They didn’t even get an open top bus parade, or the chance to sing about being the champions to opposition fans. 

All they got was an illegal gathering outside Anfield and in the city centre where they aimed fireworks at the Liver building and were condemned by the mayor on Twitter. 

Even better, they thought they were going to dominate for the next decade. They thought it was their time to shine again. And then it all turned to shit. 

Just wonderful. 

People ask why dressing rooms split after title wins here is the reason a ex pro told me online.

1. Most dressing rooms are now a collection of different nationalities which come together because of professionalism like any workplace rather than any great love for each other.,He told me a modern prem dressing room, will have lots of cliquey corners during the week often based on background or language for friendship as 25 blokes are competing for 11 spots and it is not as friendly as you'd think, but usually a few leaders from both sides of the dressing room help unite a group. I assume Virgin Van Dijk on one side and Henderson on the other have been key to them.I reminded him of reading about qpr under redknapp and how that split and he said this is not a uncommon thing.

2. He told me after success, you will get the contracts issues come up, players will have their agents chasing bigger better contracts, they will want big time reward for this, ego's come into player, if one player is going to get more than the others prams have been and will br thrown. Perhaps this might be the cause of tension between Mane and Salah who have always had a testy relationship

3. He also told me if the manager slacks of in any way players react to it, he recalled one time when a manager kept them in the league during pre season,allowing players to get away with being tardy with time keeping in pre season and it transforming itself to the group

Edited by twister
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That is my absolute favourite thing about it. All that time waiting for it, and they never got to see it at Anfield. They didn’t even get an open top bus parade, or the chance to sing about being the champions to opposition fans. 

All they got was an illegal gathering outside Anfield and in the city centre where they aimed fireworks at the Liver building and were condemned by the mayor on Twitter. 

Even better, they thought they were going to dominate for the next decade. They thought it was their time to shine again. And then it all turned to shit. 

Just wonderful. 

It's sustained me right through the winter. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think Man U rode their luck and caught City on an off day. They hit them on the counter but did little else IMO. 

Knowing Man U and Solskjaer, they will now draw the next 5 games! 

So long as we win our next 5 games, then yes please!!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Yes, that Hull defeat did me a lot of psychological harm and I would be surprised if it didn't have the same effect on the squad. :)

The train ride back home for me, particularly the bit between Hull and Sheffield was an absolute riot of laughter. Plenty of songs about the CL trips coming up. 

Got to say has much as I'm glad to see the current demise of Liverpool this season have to feel sorry for Jurgen, been a terrible year for him. Took what five years to build that Liverpool team to the title for all time to come crashing down in the next season. No one would have would predicted Liverpool would have go soon average so quickly. I did remember saying Liverpool may find tough it this year but I no way seen them finishing below third. I was just thinking I remember being on holiday in Great Yarmouth just after they won the league... never seen so many Liverpool shirts around twelve months later the Liverpool shirts.. have strangely all dissapeared? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, twister said:

People ask why dressing rooms split after title wins here is the reason a ex pro told me online.

1. Most dressing rooms are now a collection of different nationalities which come together because of professionalism like any workplace rather than any great love for each other.,He told me a modern prem dressing room, will have lots of cliquey corners during the week often based on background or language for friendship as 25 blokes are competing for 11 spots and it is not as friendly as you'd think, but usually a few leaders from both sides of the dressing room help unite a group. I assume Virgin Van Dijk on one side and Henderson on the other have been key to them.I reminded him of reading about qpr under redknapp and how that split and he said this is not a uncommon thing.

2. He told me after success, you will get the contracts issues come up, players will have their agents chasing bigger better contracts, they will want big time reward for this, ego's come into player, if one player is going to get more than the others prams have been and will br thrown. Perhaps this might be the cause of tension between Mane and Salah who have always had a testy relationship

3. He also told me if the manager slacks of in any way players react to it, he recalled one time when a manager kept them in the league during pre season,allowing players to get away with being tardy with time keeping in pre season and it transforming itself to the group

Some great points. I don’t think Salah attending his brother’s wedding and coming back with COVID will have gone down well with the rest of squad. 

Point 2 is an issue what’s fcuked Sheffield United over. Players all wanting new deals. Some got them. Some didn’t 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Got to say has much as I'm glad to see the current demise of Liverpool this season have to feel sorry for Jurgen, been a terrible year for him. Took what five years to build that Liverpool team to the title for all time to come crashing down in the next season. No one would have would predicted Liverpool would have go soon average so quickly. I did remember saying Liverpool may find tough it this year but I no way seen them finishing below third. I was just thinking I remember being on holiday in Great Yarmouth just after they won the league... never seen so many Liverpool shirts around twelve months later the Liverpool shirts.. have strangely all dissapeared? 

Why you called LeicesterPOOL then? 

23 minutes ago, twister said:

That ex pro knows his stuff

- Cliques exist in the workplace
- Employees want rewarding for success
- Don't be late