Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Grealish isn't far off for villa. Good news for us that. Villa play virtually all our rivals in the run in.

Spot on; here's hoping he has a terrific end to the season and they take points off all our rivals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Spurs worry me. Football has been so stressful for the last two seasons

Palace made it easy for them by bringing on zaha at half time, he hasn’t done any defensive duties and it’s left palace overrun on that side 

Edited by jammie82uk

17 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Another one of those "backing under the leaping opposing player", except this time it was Son.

And Son came out the worse in that encounter.

Son enjoys this reputation of a good guy but he isn't. His smile gets him by. 

A great player, no doubt. But he's not this saintly figure he's made to be. 

• Like 3

Usually I'd be concerned by Spurs and United's impressive wins, but it's worth noting that United have been picking up impressive away wins at top sides all season and Spurs are playing a side who have more than their fair share of bad days including getting battered at home by Burnley.

In an ideal world they'd have both lost, but it's certainly not unexpected and both will (hopefully) drop plenty more points. 

3 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Usually I'd be concerned by Spurs and United's impressive wins, but it's worth noting that United have been picking up impressive away wins at top sides all season and Spurs are playing a side who have more than their fair share of bad days including getting battered at home by Burnley.

In an ideal world they'd have both lost, but it's certainly not unexpected and both will (hopefully) drop plenty more points. 

3 or 4 Palace players look like they are 'on the beach' to me.

As pointed out earlier; Zaha has only bothered when he was the ball and a few others have been jogging all game.

I think they reckon they are safe and quite simply that is job done for another year.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Our win yesterday was MASSIVE

Should have won at Burnley as well IMO. Draws are not good enough atm. We got out of jail yesterday. Huge W.

• Haha 1

You have to say that why only now has Mourinho gone with 4 attacking players and only one DM? With that front 4 and others to rotate they could be a very exciting and dominant team but he's put the shackles on them after a decent start to the season and it's what's cost them being comfortably in the top 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You have to say that why only now has Mourinho gone with 4 attacking players and only one DM? With that front 4 and others to rotate they could be a very exciting and dominant team but he's put the shackles on them after a decent start to the season and it's what's cost them being comfortably in the top 4.

It's against Palace. The most negative anti-football team in the league. Mourinho will park the bus against any half decent team.

Just now, Koke said:

It's against Palace. The most negative anti-football team in the league. Mourinho will park the bus against any half decent team.

Yeah true their last 3 games have been Burnley, Fulham and Palace but I think he might just have a crack at it and " concentrate " on the cups but ultimately play some devastating football and then go ultra shithouse again and ruin it.

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Spurs worry me. Football has been so stressful for the last two seasons

agreed being near the top isnt as enjoyable as we would like until its over anyway, results like yesterday are enjoyable though and it defiently gives you a buzz even fighting for top four.

long may in continue

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he doesn't get any credit for how he has handled Bale or Dele. 

He has done his usual style, by picking on 1 or 2 players for most the season. It's only because they have been so bad, that he has now been forced to play them, and look at the difference! He could have had that front 3 for most the season and they would have been scoring goals for fun most games. Awful manager these days! Can see him putting the shackles back on soon, he doesn't know how to stop himself 

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I hope he doesn't get any credit for how he has handled Bale or Dele. 

He has done his usual style, by picking on 1 or 2 players for most the season. It's only because they have been so bad, that he has now been forced to play them, and look at the difference! He could have had that front 3 for most the season and they would have been scoring goals for fun most games. Awful manager these days! Can see him putting the shackles back on soon, he doesn't know how to stop himself 

I absolutely agree. Don't think he'd play that front four without a) injuries and b) unless facing one of about 5 PL teams (Palace being one).

34 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Klopp faces chop as Kop flops drop from top to plop.

A lot of Liverpool fans saying he is not to blame at all due to 3 defenders being injured. We have had injuries to our main 4 central defenders and have slotted Justin, Fuchs, Amartey and Ndidi in - we are still above them with a much less costly squad.

• Like 1

Just now, fox in the sox said:

A lot of Liverpool fans saying he is not to blame at all due to 3 defenders being injured. We have had injuries to our main 4 central defenders and have slotted Justin, Fuchs, Amartey and Ndidi in - we are still above them with a much less costly squad.

They also bought two new ones in January who don't play. I get Kabak was awful though. Davies however is surely good enough to do a job.

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They also bought two new ones in January who don't play. I get Kabak was awful though. Davies however is surely good enough to do a job.

Davies has been injured. However I don’t see how a patched up defence stops the forward line from scoring 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1