Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Unpopular opinion; Man City might drop points a lot of points and there could be a chance the winner will be confirmed on the final match day..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah, not for me. Think it was @Manwell Pablo or @Koke said earlier. He's stat-padded a lot recently with an assist or goal here and they. I don't see an influence on the game like you do Gundogan for recent Man City games.

You can have an influence from the spot by scoring of course, I don't deny that, but would need more in my opinion. 

Nothing to do with stats, United wouldn’t be in second without him and that’s enough influence for me. He’s won them a lot more points than they would without him in my opinion, the Everton away game sticks in mind when he literally turned it around by himself. 

• Like 1

Neville needs to wake up. The were gifted a pen and Shaw scored a one in 100 shot. Then said they should be 3-4 up. What a nob head. Sterling had the 2 clearest chances of the game.

Man U did a job and got a result but he didn’t half make out Man U played amazing attacking football.

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Unpopular opinion; Man City might drop points a lot of points and there could be a chance the winner will be confirmed on the final match day..

I like you!!!! Who knows.

And I still see 2nd place as a possibility. But we need to improve starting with 3 points next Sunday of course.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

No, can't see it sorry. You don't win 21 games in a row and then collapse to concede the title.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah, not for me. Think it was @Manwell Pablo or @Koke said earlier. He's stat-padded a lot recently with an assist or goal here and they. I don't see an influence on the game like you do Gundogan for recent Man City games.

You can have an influence from the spot by scoring of course, I don't deny that, but would need more in my opinion. 

I said that about Vardy if that’s any use in the discussion 😂.

19 minutes ago, shen said:

Ah yes, that may be.

That is what a meant by my comment... didn’t expect them to win today and were struggling a little. But Ole has yet again pulled one out the bag when pressure is on. Frustrating... but thankfully there are 3 places up for grabs in the top 4. 

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Man U are rubbish, and are struggling now their cheating isn’t earning them wins... I think Man U will be the ones to drop out the top 4 

They’re demonstrably not rubbish? X 

It's still in our hands. We don't need to rely on other teams. If we play as we have been doing all season we'll make top 4, if we don't we won't. Of the 10 games to go the only side that can do a double over us is West Ham and from the corresponding fixtures we got 22 points. Same again please lads.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Fair play to Man Utd. Thats how you defeat that monster, that is Man City.

Not seeing us catching any of these this season.

"catching"??? We're a point behind them. We're also out of Europe meaning in the next 2 weeks (before me meet them in the FA cup) we play one game and they play three. They beat ManC but have drawn to Palace and WBA. On top of all that we play them in May. We have every chance of finishing above them. WTF is this level of defeatism. For sure ManC is a loooooooong shot but come-on finishing above ManU is a realistic goal. 

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, can't see it sorry. You don't win 21 games in a row and then collapse to concede the title.

Liverpool have had a similar collapse. While it’s extremely unlikely this season is tough and Man City gained an advantage with their COVID break that gave them a rest. Maybe their games are finally catching up with them? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

They’re demonstrably not rubbish? X 

A bore to watch, and they were struggling but yet again they somehow pull something out. Been very fortunate in terms of injuries giving every else has suffered with key players out. They have class players that is a given but I feel they are above where their performances should really put them. 

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's still in our hands. We don't need to rely on other teams. If we play as we have been doing all season we'll make top 4, if we don't we won't. Of the 10 games to go the only side that can do a double over us is West Ham and from the corresponding fixtures we got 22 points. Same again please lads.

22 points would be sensational. 18 will do it though IMO

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect it's popular, but not shared by most.

If they lost their next one then maybe the doubts magnify and start to cause issues with how they play, possible snowballing. But even if this happened, someone else is going to have to go on an amazing run which hasn't looked like happening all season either.

The whole thing just seems so unlikely. Mind you, if you'd told me back in December that Liverpool would be 7th in March after losing 6 on the trot at Anfield...

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

A bore to watch, and they were struggling but yet again they somehow pull something out. Been very fortunate in terms of injuries giving every else has suffered with key players out. They have class players that is a given but I feel they are above where their performances should really put them. 

I agree with that 100%, so like you just proved, certainly not “rubbish”.