Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

That ex pro knows his stuff

- Cliques exist in the workplace
- Employees want rewarding for success
- Don't be late

Take the mick but my view is developing team spirits in teams, now is harder than ever before. Foster of watford alluded to it when asked on his podcast, saying it takes more work now than when he started.

Its the era of the individual, most lads in the lower leagues are on one or two year deals, squard turn arounds now are huge. Phones dominate dressing rooms players live on them, my cousin put it right when he said players are closer to their image rights advisors than any teammate now.

I remember one incident earlier in the year chelsea had a pen, their was a five minute debate between two childish players before the captain stepped in. Its all ego stats winning bonuses. 

Truth is its a cold hearted buisness now, a managers job apart from the tactical stuff is managing ego's now

• Like 4

This is the most exciting relegation battle for a while. Who do people think will be the 3rd team to go? I thought Newcastle but I've just looked at their run in and it isn't too bad. I think Burnley will be too streetwise to get relegated and Southampton have too much quality. Brighton are interesting but they have been a bit unlucky and do seem to create chances 

Maybe it will be Fulham battling it out with Newcastle in the end. 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

There’s been too much consternation about Manchester United.  Why they hang on to a manager who can’t coach football … lead the universe in ridiculous penalty awards … or get all the attention despite mostly playing like crap.  It's actually quite simple.

Ordinary football clubs play football for the fans.  United don’t mess with that.  They stage Grand Opera for the ref and idiot pundits.

Why bother to hire and coach up footballers, when it’s all about sending out the divas?

What better case in point than Slabhead.  It’s painfully obvious, his true calling isn’t football.

0Slab1.JPG.162cd1f334ed192131a058964b3d715b.JPG

0Slab2.thumb.JPG.e4afc36a3a7764e4fbbba6c36357f631.JPG

So stop wondering why that whiny diva was made Captain.  And don’t forget, inside every diva is a bitch …

0Slab3.JPG.1714dbd23911dc31f063abae06e57cf8.JPG

Haha those pictures are hilarious 

40 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This is the most exciting relegation battle for a while. Who do people think will be the 3rd team to go? I thought Newcastle but I've just looked at their run in and it isn't too bad. I think Burnley will be too streetwise to get relegated and Southampton have too much quality. Brighton are interesting but they have been a bit unlucky and do seem to create chances 

After watching Brighton on the weekend, I’m certain it will be them who drop.

8 hours ago, ceredigion said:

The dressing room has lost Klopp.

That’s the wrong way around but then I thought about it and I obviously it can happen 

Maybe he really was the glue that made it work and now his heart isn’t in it 100% since he realised he can’t reproduce the title win for a number of reasons .... maybe he thought that if he delivered the tittle then FSG would ‘Untighten’ the purse strings ..:. And the realisation that they won’t has killed the dream for him .... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I feel like the majority of fans on here are perhaps a little too harsh on Spurs. I think Mourinho will surprise a few of the naysayers here who say he is past it. 

The majority on here ( including myself) would hate to see it because it’s f****** spurs . Nothing particularly against JM.

Their own fans were building a Wicker Man for him about a fortnight ago but if it stops them going for Brendan ....

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

After watching Brighton on the weekend, I’m certain it will be them who drop.

I think you’re right , not because they have poor players but because of Potter . 

The guy is likeable but out of his depth managing in the prem , sadly . He stands there looking like a supply PE teacher trying to make sense of what his unruly class are up to and as for his post match interview “ if I knew what was wrong I’d fix it” . Sorry but I think he might be toast and BHAFC too

• Like 1

The Liverpool analysis at the end of this year will be fascinating. Something has really gone wrong over there but it's shades of Dortmund all over again. 

Sadly for Scousers, I don't think he's going to stay beyond this season - not without a squad clearout. 

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

I think Newcastle will drop. Fulham have the momentum and squad to cope with the pressure and I think Brighton do too (even though they are a disgrace at winning football matches).

Newcastle are in real trouble with their injuries and the off the field issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Newcastle will drop. Fulham have the momentum and squad to cope with the pressure and I think Brighton do too (even though they are a disgrace at winning football matches).

Newcastle are in real trouble with their injuries and the off the field issues.

Do not rule out Palace going on a late run for the third place.  Now I have jinxed us for when the Owl swoops into the KP. 

37 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Do not rule out Palace going on a late run for the third place.  Now I have jinxed us for when the Owl swoops into the KP. 

lollol 

I don’t mind the swooping it’s that 360 degree revolution of the head that spooks me 

Two big games tonight with results affecting us.

Chelsea vs Everton         A draw here would suit us fine, But probably end in a home win.

West Ham  vs  Leeds     Leeds are capable of doing us a favor tonight and beating West Ham

Both should be good games to watch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Need Chelsea to batter Everton. Us, United and Chelsea running away with top 4 would be great.

Draws all round would suit me. 

Let everyone keep dropping points as long as we keep winning. 

I'm not as nervous sitting 3rd knowing we can afford to drop one place, if we drop to 4th then obviously that margin of error goes and we have to maintain. I want the 4th place team as far back as possible please. 

• Like 3

Yes a Chelsea v Everton draw for me.

Well ideally I’d go with a draw, a mass brawl, several players sent off and banned, a few minor groin strains and a points deduction for both sides - but I suppose that’s too much to ask for.

Oh, and a Leeds win 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I feel like the majority of fans on here are perhaps a little too harsh on Spurs. I think Mourinho will surprise a few of the naysayers here who say he is past it. 

I'd largely been ignoring them based on what Spurs fans I know of say - they've not been enjoying it. Sadly start to get the feeling they're clicking again. I hope we have it all sorted by the final day.

11 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Got to say has much as I'm glad to see the current demise of Liverpool this season have to feel sorry for Jurgen, been a terrible year for him. Took what five years to build that Liverpool team to the title for all time to come crashing down in the next season. No one would have would predicted Liverpool would have go soon average so quickly. I did remember saying Liverpool may find tough it this year but I no way seen them finishing below third. I was just thinking I remember being on holiday in Great Yarmouth just after they won the league... never seen so many Liverpool shirts around twelve months later the Liverpool shirts.. have strangely all dissapeared? 

Dear Lord no, it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, he's a ****.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

After seeing the Everton tweets of thinking they'd be a step up for Barnes, yes. 

As in Harvey Barnes? Surely not lol

A draw or Chelsea win would be the best result IMO. I think we should be more worried about Chelsea than Everton, but Chelsea still have European games to play so will hopefully pick up a couple of injuries in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

As in Harvey Barnes? Surely not lol

A draw or Chelsea win would be the best result IMO. I think we should be more worried about Chelsea than Everton, but Chelsea still have European games to play so will hopefully pick up a couple of injuries in the next few weeks.

Everton seem to have the easiest games aside from tonight and Man city. Which is why we need them to dorp points tonight. As the longer they're have a chance the harder they will fight.

Lets hope for a Leeds win tonight also.

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Everton seem to have the easiest games aside from tonight and Man city. Which is why we need them to dorp points tonight. As the longer they're have a chance the harder they will fight.

Lets hope for a Leeds win tonight also.

They've got to play Villa twice still and I'd fancy Villa to do them at least once.